Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
brainwashed39 said:
i think we should have a "Does God Exist" poll on bos...

it wouldn't solve anything... but neither does this and it would be interesting :)
There'd be three people who say God exists, 8 million who say they dont know but they dont think so , and three who say he doesnt exist.
:)

easy123

HSC
I geuss ultimately its up to the indovidual to decide whether or not they choose to belong to either group that is to believe or disbelieve in god.

HSC
I wonder how many times each specific argument has been discussed and rediscussed in all those pages.

BradCube

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Interesting. Why choose Christianity then? Pascal's Wager?
No, I don't think it's really that as Pascal's wager has more to do with reward and punishment. Rather, for me, I fail to see how life without God can have any meaning or purpose - it all seems worthless in my mind. It is because of this, that I sway in the position of preferring a belief that includes God rather than against. I realize this seems kind of petty, but to me, so does preferring a belief in atheism that allows an individual to please their own desires in the short term... meh

To me, a belief in God is certainly preferable, so (as I've probably said a few times before) I would far prefer to search out proof for Gods existence than non-existence.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Are you serious? Ugh. Cause God wants us miserable.
Maybe not God, but "Christianity"'s interpretation of the Bible? Oh yes.

Why else is sex, perhaps the fundamental pleasurable thing in life, so abhorrent? Heck, sex is Original Sin. It wasn't just the fact that they ate of the tree of knowledge; it was that Adam and Eve 'found themselves' and then used the genitalia that God gave them, thus defiling themselves.

I mean, fuck. Fucking is SIN even, and thus SURVIVING AS A SPECIES is sin.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:

Why else is sex, perhaps the fundamental pleasurable thing in life, so abhorrent? Heck, sex is Original Sin. It wasn't just the fact that they ate of the tree of knowledge; it was that Adam and Eve 'found themselves' and then used the genitalia that God gave them, thus defiling themselves.

no way!

God made sex to be enjoyed by a husband and wife within marraige and for procreation . Adam and eve having sex was not a sin they were married, thus using it within Gods purpose

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:

My bible tells me original sin was rebellion against God ( he said not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil , and they did), not having sex.
:)
Sex is not bad. Read song of solomon , :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
no way!

God made sex to be enjoyed by a husband and wife within marraige and for procreation . Adam and eve having sex was not a sin they were married, thus using it within Gods purpose
She's right. Sex is meant to be the way that we are all born sinners. Our sin is a genetic curse from Adam and Eve - it's in our DNA, our nature.
Hence Christ is the only man born without sin.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Iron said:
She's right. Sex is meant to be the way that we are all born sinners. Our sin is a genetic curse from Adam and Eve - it's in our DNA, our nature.
umm ur second sentence makes no sense

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
I always understood it to be spiritual , not genetic. I knew it was passed down but I assumed it was a spiritual thing. (thus Jesus could take our sin away thru a spiritual law...like , not by coming up with some physical medication or antidote :)
I guess it doesnt really matter.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
no way!

God did not make sex to be enjoyed by a husband and wife. In fact in many cases "God" has no opinion of prostitutes or mistresses or sex OUT of marriage, so that's BS.

And Adam and Ever were not married, at least not when they had Cain and Abel.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
God did not make sex to be enjoyed by a husband and wife. In fact in many cases "God" has no opinion of prostitutes or mistresses or sex OUT of marriage, so that's BS.

And Adam and Ever were not married, at least not when they had Cain and Abel.
actually they were READ UR BIBLE

and there was references to prostitutes e.t.c in the bible again READ UR BIBLE

at least before coming up with ridiculous un-true arguments

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
actually they were READ UR BIBLE

and there was references to prostitutes e.t.c in the bible again READ UR BIBLE

at least before coming up with ridiculous un-true arguments
Well hey, I'm not the one who thought Jesus was born of a virgin :eek:

And yes, obviously the Bible makes references to prostitutes (I never said it didn't) - but not necessarily in a derogatory fashion.

And no, they were not married.

I have read my Bible(s) front to back many times.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Well hey, I'm not the one who thought Jesus was born of a virgin :eek:

And yes, obviously the Bible makes references to prostitutes (I never said it didn't) - but not necessarily in a derogatory fashion.

And no, they were not married.

I have read my Bible(s) front to back many times.
God made a companion for them a ceremony would not have gone on but when eve was created it was as a wife for adam

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
God made a companion for them a ceremony would not have gone on but when eve was created it was as a wife for adam
No dear, that's just your interpretation.

Adam and Eve were not married, and I challenge you to find the verses that prove they were.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
No marriage.

No marriage! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

None! You filthy LIAR
why would you need a ceremony or a legal contract when you were created as a wife for a man.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
why would you need a ceremony or a legal contract when you were created as a wife for a man.
Google the term wife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)