Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I would say that they were morally married though guys. She was created from him; they were essentially the same person. The whole point of marriage is to replicate this bond

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
why would you need a ceremony or a legal contract when you were created as a wife for a man.
She was not created as a wife. She was created as a companion.

Also, does anyone find the fact that she was supposedly created from "Adam's rib" (thus being closely, if not identical, genetically) and then they went on to have children together extremely disturbing?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

genesis 2:25

key word wife they were married.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
She was not created as a wife. She was created as a companion.

Also, does anyone find the fact that she was supposedly created from "Adam's rib" (thus being closely, if not identical, genetically) and then they went on to have children together extremely disturbing?
Lol. YES. I used to be so freaked out...actually not about adam and eve , but their children. There was no one else , so their children would have to partner with , and procreate with...each other!
EW!!!!
Later on God outlawed incest too. So i was confused and disgusted for ages about that:)

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:

Not necessarily, because wife may not have always meant married and certainly if they were the first people on earth, where did they get the idea of marriage from?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:

wikipedia said:
The term originated from the Middle English wif, from Old English wīf, woman, wife, from Germanic * wībam, woman, related to Modern German Weib (woman, wife),[1] from the Indo-European root ghwībh-; wīb, literally meaning "vagina".[2]. (Compare the semantic transfer of the modern word "cunt".) The original meaning of “wife” as simply “woman”, unconnected with marriage, is preserved in words like “midwife” and “fishwife”.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Lol. YES. I used to be so freaked out...actually not about adam and eve , but their children. There was no one else , so their children would have to partner with , and procreate with...each other!
EW!!!!
Later on God outlawed incest too. So i was confused and disgusted for ages about that:)
the reason it was not an issue then because it did not carry the risk of deformaties e.t.c

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
boris said:
Not necessarily, because wife may not have always meant married and certainly if they were the first people on earth, where did they get the idea of marriage from?
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. i think that is when marraige came about and the idea of marraige

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
the reason it was not an issue then because it did not carry the risk of deformaties e.t.c
Why didn't it?

Why does incest carry risks of deformities now, and didn't back then? What is different?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
What if medical technology allows us to fully eliminate such risks?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Id say the children did carry the RISK of mutation ( sin already in action)
:)

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. i think that is when marraige came about and the idea of marraige
From the early Christian era marriage was thought of as primarily a private matter, with no religious or other ceremony being required.[citation needed] Prior to 1545 Christian marriages in Europe were by mutual consent, declaration of intention to marry and upon the subsequent physical union of the parties.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
boris said:
Why didn't it?

Why does incest carry risks of deformities now, and didn't back then? What is different?
because the diseases had not formed yet

inasero

Reborn
HSC
*TRUE* said:
EW!!!!
when you look in the bible and you see ppl like noah and methuselah living till nearly 1000, and what's interesting is that the people get progressively younger as the generations pass. then God says man would live 120 years max. I think that when people sinned and came out of the garden of eden their dna started changing (the consequence of fallen nature) and death and disease entered the world. over time these changes would have accumulated to a point where it was necessary to mandate incest a social taboo for obvious health reasons (much like refraining from eating pork in the OT).

Just my theory though, I may be wrong.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Id say the children did carry the RISK of mutation ( sin already in action)
:)
oh yeah probably but i dont think it would of been as prevalent

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
hey if there was a 100% definitive genetic test that could determine if someone was going to be a homosexual in the early stages of pregnancy, would you support abortions for these people? :D

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
What if medical technology allows us to fully eliminate such risks?
social taboo these days my friend, I very much doubt that would wither away overnight. Plus...like , who'd want to. We have lots of choice these days..... :)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
inasero said:
when you look in the bible and you see ppl like noah and methuselah living till nearly 1000, and what's interesting is that the people get progressively younger as the generations pass. then God says man would live 120 years max. I think that when people sinned and came out of the garden of eden their dna started changing (the consequence of fallen nature) and death and disease entered the world. over time these changes would have accumulated to a point where it was necessary to mandate incest a social taboo for obvious health reasons (much like refraining from eating pork in the OT).

Just my theory though, I may be wrong.
bearing in mind that there calender system was different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)