Does God exist? (26 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
hey if there was a 100% definitive genetic test that could determine if someone was going to be a homosexual in the early stages of pregnancy, would you support abortions for these people? :D
no

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
because the diseases had not formed yet
How hadn't they?
At what point in time did these congenital birth defects caused as a result of an increased number of homozygotes, manifest?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
really? i thought their calander system was 360 days to the year...which wouldn't have made much difference to the current 365.25 days

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Kwayera said:
Haha wow proof please.

Also there is always a risk of deformity in human incest.
well according to the Bible humans were created perfect in God's image, so that risk would only have been apparent after man's fall.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
inasero said:
when you look in the bible and you see ppl like noah and methuselah living till nearly 1000, and what's interesting is that the people get progressively younger as the generations pass. then God says man would live 120 years max. I think that when people sinned and came out of the garden of eden their dna started changing (the consequence of fallen nature) and death and disease entered the world. over time these changes would have accumulated to a point where it was necessary to mandate incest a social taboo for obvious health reasons (much like refraining from eating pork in the OT).

Just my theory though, I may be wrong.
As far as I am aware there was only ever two people in the Garden of Eden: Eve, and Adam. Therefore for it was only ever their DNA that would have been 'changed'; therefore your post has no point, given they're supposed to be the first two humans from all who followed originate.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
inasero said:
really? i thought their calander system was 360 days to the year...which wouldn't have made much difference to the current 365.25 days
i am not sure exactly how it changed.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
inasero said:
Close enough to. Which makes all us logical, scientifically-minded people go "METHUSELAH LIVED 1000 YEARS? I CALL BULLSHIT! HAYFLICK LIMIT! OXIDATIVE STRESS!" etc.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Close enough to. Which makes all us logical, scientifically-minded people go "METHUSELAH LIVED 1000 YEARS? I CALL BULLSHIT! HAYFLICK LIMIT! OXIDATIVE STRESS!" etc.
i Swear some people are bloody narrow minded, look at the big picture not all the little details

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
But doesn't quantum mechanics, for example, posit that if you can observe and interpret everything, you see that nothing is random?
No.

emytaylor164 said:
i Swear some people are bloody narrow minded, look at the big picture not all the little details
Wow. Coming from a Biblical literalist that's some comedy gold right there.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
inasero said:
so what exactly are you trying to say?
Which means either Methuselah etc lived to 1000 years, which is clearly impossible (especially given their distinct lack of knowledge regarding cell biology and engineering), or those writing the Bible had a different system of dates (i.e. "1000 years = ~120 years"), which according to you and most people, it didn't.

CONTRADICTION MUCH?

boris

Banned
HSC
You don't honestly believe that disease, and the pathology of the human body is all a result of Gods punishment?

Just so we're clear.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Narrow minded? Narrow minded? Do you understand what you just said and how hypocritical is was?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Which means either Methuselah etc lived to 1000 years, which is clearly impossible (especially given their distinct lack of knowledge regarding cell biology and engineering), or those writing the Bible had a different system of dates (i.e. "1000 years = ~120 years"), which according to you and most people, it didn't.

CONTRADICTION MUCH?
did u specifically read the bible to look for things that u think are wrong

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
it's called sourcing, which is what we do in this forum

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Hahahahahahahahha

Hahahahhahaahhaahahahhahaahahahahah. Aren't you studying to be a doctor?

Do you know ANYTHING about DNA?
more than you'll ever know :)

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Why not.
I know I read the Bible, specifically to find as many contradictions and fallacies as i can

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i mean in relation to your post
Kwayera said:
As far as I am aware there was only ever two people in the Garden of Eden: Eve, and Adam. Therefore for it was only ever their DNA that would have been 'changed'; therefore your post has no point, given they're supposed to be the first two humans from all who followed originate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)