Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
diana arwen's pretty odd
Sam:(
Its not my fault - grr gay LOTR books.
I am a nerd though...sort of
Sam is pretty good for a math=science man:)
EDIT: sorry off topic

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
IMABOYDAMON! said:
God does punch people in the head. Tsunamis, hurricanes, floods, bushfire etc etc.
Um no.

"Oh no it's raining, God must be mad at me today". :confused:

Unpleasant occurrences are not proof that God exists.

HSC
3unitz said:
why though? it makes no sense. i dont even want to be here, its not my fault adam and eve did the naughties :vcross:
it is your fault you sin though, they ate the apple, the one thing God told them not to and now you sin as well, i think the bible says there is not one sin that God can not help you get out of

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Proof that a God exists.

Also, believing in God doesn't necessarily have to entail having a "relationship" with God or worshipping him, imo. I believe in the existence of the glass of water on my desk because I can see it in front of me but I don't worship it or care about it or see it as having any significance in my life. I imagine this is largely how I'd feel about God, if he were able to be proven as existing, which he isn't. :)
that is what faith is believing what you can not see.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
well, this is the "Does God exist" thread after all :rolleyes:

Anyways, what makes you so vehemently opposed to God, or the concept of God?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
would it be any different if this God were impersonal and didn't intervene in our affairs?

as for why doesn't God give a proof that He exists, that's simply not true the Bible makes it clear that God's invisible qualities have clearly been seen. Do you ever look up in the sky at night (lol I know it sounds wack) and wonder how it came into existence? Haven't you ever thought theres got to be some meaning, some reason for it all?
Rom 1:20 said:
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
I think Jesus makes it pretty clear that he's not about giving signs to prove himself...
Matthew 16:1-4 said:
The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven. He replied, "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
An absolute despising of ingroup->outgroup mentalities. :D

The existence of a personal, interventionist god is ludicrous in all forms, particularly those of the abrahamic religions.
can you explain what you mean about ingroup outgroup mentalities?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)