Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
It's so painful hearing one Christian tell another Christian that they "aren't acting very Christian". Not only because it sounds so self-righteous, but because they think acting in polite and/or moral way is the sole claim of Christians.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Anyone who thinks Christians are nice , should read the bible...read how Jesus referred to some people!
"you brood of vipers" "you white washed tombstones!" "You hypocrite!"...oddly enough he was talking to religious people those times.
Also how he THREW people out of the temple who were using it ( the temple) as a sort of mall to make personal profit.
Jesus wasnt NICE. But he was GOOD.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Oh. If people dont even believe Satan exists dont know what their problem is:D
honestly, satan, like are you completely serious?

like, really, a big red guy with horns and a tail and a pitchfork?

it's all a bit silly and rather medieval isn't it?

i mean we have like technology, and medicine and human psychology and law, it's quite hard to think this satan guy is real don't you think?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
honestly, satan, like are you completely serious?

like, really, a big red guy with horns and a tail and a pitchfork?

it's all a bit silly and rather medieval isn't it?

i mean we have like technology, and medicine and human psychology and law, it's quite hard to think this satan guy is real don't you think?
:) Well a big red guy with a pitchfork does.
I know what you mean....but i do attribute evil to a source called Satan.
I wonder how evil even began existing? Did God create it or did he give his angels the power to create it? (such as Lucifer???)
Im having a weird day.....

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
inasero said:
would it be any different if this God were impersonal and didn't intervene in our affairs?

as for why doesn't God give a proof that He exists, that's simply not true the Bible makes it clear that God's invisible qualities have clearly been seen. Do you ever look up in the sky at night (lol I know it sounds wack) and wonder how it came into existence? Haven't you ever thought theres got to be some meaning, some reason for it all?
No, not really.

I might be awed by the sheer size and beauty of space, for sure. But I don't make the assumption that there has to be some deeper meaning to it.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
*TRUE* said:
:) Well a big red guy with a pitchfork does.
I know what you mean....but i do attribute evil to a source called Satan.
I wonder how evil even began existing? Did God create it or did he give his angels the power to create it? (such as Lucifer???)
Im having a weird day.....
lol

no it's just the fact that he doesn't really do anything anymore

he used to possess people (it happens all the time in the new testament), now people have identifiable mental or physical illnesses we can treat without exorcists

and he used to be responsible for evil, and now we just have the study of why people behave in certain ways and things like criminology or psychology

and he used to cause conflicts, but now we only talk about things like cultures or resources or nationalism to explain wars

and we used to get our laws from stone tablets, now we have courts and governments and we have adversarial trials instead of witch hunts... come to think of it we don't really have witches anymore either

i mean we used to have magic and evil spirits, but they're gone too

he's lost all his mojo :(

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
lol

no it's just the fact that he doesn't really do anything anymore

he used to possess people (it happens all the time in the new testament), now people have identifiable mental or physical illnesses we can treat without exorcists

and he used to be responsible for evil, and now we just have the study of why people behave in certain ways and things like criminology or psychology

and he used to cause conflicts, but now we only talk about things like cultures or resources or nationalism to explain wars

and we used to get our laws from stone tablets, now we have courts and governments and we have adversarial trials instead of witch hunts... come to think of it we don't really have witches anymore either

i mean we used to have magic and evil spirits, but they're gone too

he's lost all his mojo :(
Mmmm...No i think he has just changed his tactics to be honest....i dont think he'd be stupid enough to, ahem , not keep it relevant.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
so do u think the demons Jesus exorcised in the gospels were real or just something else that they thought were demons in those times?

i reckon they'd still be pretty scary today if they were real

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
so do u think the demons Jesus exorcised in the gospels were real or just something else that they thought were demons in those times?

i reckon they'd still be pretty scary today if they were real
Well yeah i think they wouldve been....but i think enough people know about God and satan today that if it was happening all along....i mean who'd be stupid enough to abandon God?
Sorry Ive got a headache struggling to think , lol.
Surely if satan has a brain , he'd be trying a new tactic , like convincing people he doesnt exist.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
advanced sam said:
but that means satan would be saying he is wrong
In what way?
But i think Satan would do whatever neccessary to separate us from God...

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
In what way?
But i think Satan would do whatever neccessary to separate us from God...
ok then.
you think satan is evil right, and god is real, good etc. if all this is true then, satan wouldnt be sying he is bad, evil, pretending he doesnt exist. that would bring you closer to god. doesnt make sense does it

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
advanced sam said:
ok then.
you think satan is evil right, and god is real, good etc. if all this is true then, satan wouldnt be sying he is bad, evil, pretending he doesnt exist. that would bring you closer to god. doesnt make sense does it
If there is no real wrong (no need for salvation , which is the basis of Christianity), there is no real right , all is relative , all depends on the individual , we can be gods to ourselves...no need for true God.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I'm sure people have noticed a common theme here:

(1) The skeptic asks 'but why isn't there evidence in favour of the existence of this supernatural being?'

(2) The believer replies 'because it is in the nature of the supernatural being to obfuscate and make it so that their existence is never certain' (e.g. trickery on the part of satan, or faith-generation on the part of god)

I seem to remember Daniel Dennett pointing out that this is similar to the structure of the conspiracy theory, which often proves quite resilient because any attempt to deny the conspiracy is simply part of the conspiracy. These cultural memes are thus actively resistant to refutation, which is perhaps a large part of why they can be considered to fly in the face of scientific method. No wonder they persist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)