• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
KFunk said:
Yeah, seconded. Drowning children make baby jesus cry.
Your logic is flawed.
Baby Jesus is a child, so he wouldn't be crying over the other children being drowned, he'd be crying cos he was being drowned. Or he'd be dead, and corpses can't cry. Some would say that he would simply be resurrected and then start crying, but Jesus only learns Resurrection on level 30, not level 1.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
invertebrates/vertebrates is a terrible way of dividing animals

all major phila vs 1 sub phila of the chordates?

madness!

EDIT: and where are the echinoderms?
Why not divide them verts/inverts? How would you divide them?

And you did see the "..and this doesn't include all animal groups" in my post, right? Down there, at the bottom?:p

EDIT: And it's phyla :p

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Kwayera said:
Why not divide them verts/inverts? How would you divide them?

And you did see the "..and this doesn't include all animal groups" in my post, right? Down there, at the bottom?:p

EDIT: And it's phyla :p
lol

various basal lineages
protostomes
deuterostomes?

coz the echinoderms are invertebrates but are closer to the vertebrates than the arthropods

etc.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
lol

various basal lineages
protostomes
deuterostomes?

coz the echinoderms are invertebrates but are closer to the vertebrates than the arthropods

etc.
What? Notrly - close, but so are hemichordates, so whatevs. I mean it gets complicated for something like a lancelets (and other proto/cephalochordates) but if one must draw an arbitrary dividing line, it might as well be verts/inverts.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Kwayera said:
What? Notrly - close, but so are hemichordates, so whatevs. I mean it gets complicated for something like a lancelets (and other proto/cephalochordates) but if one must draw an arbitrary dividing line, it might as well be verts/inverts.
it's a very anthropocentric division

invertebrates are a paraphyletic group

so it's like saying arachnids/non-arachnids

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
it's a very anthropocentric division

invertebrates are a paraphyletic group

so it's like saying arachnids/non-arachnids
Pretty much, yeah. *shrug*

I just go by what I was taught, and verts/inverts is a pretty deeply-ingrained distinction in biology/zoology.

aliwonga

HSC
John Oliver said:
Answer my initial question instead of posting utter garbage, darling.
ok. "Why believe in a God?" - Believe in a God because He's real and he want us to know him and get to live with Him for forever in Heaven. Don't you want that?

are there proofs that God does not exist? I disagree.

it's not "utter garbage". they are to get u to think about 'is there a God out there?'

-Danyan-

HSC
Just referring to the people who were talking about the flood and that it was injustice to kill the people, If God created the Earth and the universe and everything in it, then he lawfully owns everything he created, since he is subject to no higher laws, it is his own decision that determines what he can and can't do.

Just like secular governments who believe they are the highest authority in a nation, they set the laws, what can and can not be done; so who are humans to say what god can and can not do (this is in the case of his being true), wouldn't he have known what those babies would turn out to be in the future, and he explains it himself

'My ways are above your ways, just as the heavens are above the earth, so are my thoughts above yours'

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Kwayera said:
Pretty much, yeah. *shrug*

I just go by what I was taught, and verts/inverts is a pretty deeply-ingrained distinction in biology/zoology.
so's the 'protists' kingdom, but... :angry::angry::angry:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
aliwonga said:
ok. "Why believe in a God?" - Believe in a God because He's real and he want us to know him and get to live with Him for forever in Heaven. Don't you want that?
how could you possibly know that?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Believe in a God because He's real? How can you say that without anything backing you up? Replace "God" with "anal-probe-dealing aliens" and what you just said makes no sense.

And no, there isn't anything that proves that any gods do not exist - and nothing to prove that they do. On balance, it's more logical to err on the side of rationality, instead of believing in the big skydaddy/fairies in the bottom of the garden/celestial teapot.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
-Danyan- said:
Just referring to the people who were talking about the flood and that it was injustice to kill the people, If God created the Earth and the universe and everything in it, then he lawfully owns everything he created, since he is subject to no higher laws, it is his own decision that determines what he can and can't do.

Just like secular governments who believe they are the highest authority in a nation, they set the laws, what can and can not be done; so who are humans to say what god can and can not do (this is in the case of his being true), wouldn't he have known what those babies would turn out to be in the future, and he explains it himself

'My ways are above your ways, just as the heavens are above the earth, so are my thoughts above yours'
What, so that makes it right? "Oh, it's God's law that he can commit genocide, so it's all good?"

Translate that to "Oh, it's man's law that you can commit genocide, so it's all good" and see if it still makes sense.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
-Danyan- said:

So it's okay if I drown my pets mercilessly for no reason?

-Danyan-

HSC
Kwayera said:
What, so that makes it right? "Oh, it's God's law that he can commit genocide, so it's all good?"

Translate that to "Oh, it's man's law that you can commit genocide, so it's all good" and see if it still makes sense.
Yeah, i believe I just said, that man makes laws because they assume themselves to be the dominant authority

That doesn't make it so

And God knows what hes doing, he can do whatever he wishes, because he owns the whole universe, if those people were transgressing his laws whos to say they shouldn't die, if its his universe its his law, if you dont want to follow it, maybe go back to another universe. You cant apply our beliefs to god, he has no obligation to do as we see right, we though have an obligation to do as he sees right

And what makes atheism so rational?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
-Danyan- said:
Yeah, i believe I just said, that man makes laws because they assume themselves to be the dominant authority

That doesn't make it so

And God knows what hes doing, he can do whatever he wishes, because he owns the whole universe, if those people were transgressing his laws whos to say they shouldn't die, if its his universe its his law, if you dont want to follow it, maybe go back to another universe. You cant apply our beliefs to god, he has no obligation to do as we see right, we though have an obligation to do as he sees right

And what makes atheism so rational?
it doesn't involve making stuff up that you couldn't possibly know?

-Danyan-

HSC
Graney said:
So it's okay if I drown my pets mercilessly for no reason?
Who said god had no reason, he drowned them for being evil (in his eyes which are the morally correct perspective),

Wouldn't you drown your pets if they were commiting very bad evil in your eyes, evil which spreads and could make your other pets also turn to evil, and anyway we dont own our pets like gods ownership. When did you ever create your pets, bred them, bought them , whetever, you dont own them like god does

-Danyan-

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
it doesn't involve making stuff up that you couldn't possibly know?
yh, a bit like atheists making up the big bang, how the earth was created, how life started,

it could of possible happened that way, but how would you KNOW

Couldn't god have done it

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
-Danyan- said:
yh, a bit like atheists making up the big bang, how the earth was created, how life started,

it could of possible happened that way, but how would you KNOW

Couldn't god have done it
Hahahahahaha.

You just lost all credibility, my friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)