• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
well technically it depends on your point of veiw, personally i don't think instincts are sinful or wrong(except the ones which make you rape, murder etc.... a person) as we would not have evolved with them if it was, eg. we don't go jumping around grunting like apes because that is the wrong sort of behaviour for the enviroment we live in.
Rape isn't an instinct.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
what about people who have not been taught that they are sinners there whole life e.g. me, I think i only really realised that when i was about 14, not my whole life.
your case is completely different, since you're a happy clappy and all you have to do is say "i love jesus" and all your 'sin' is erased, then you can keep doing whatever you like, guilt-free

real christians, i.e. catholics are actually made to feel serious guilt for their actions and are supposed to try to change them

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Crippling guilt. Paranoia. Anxiety. They sleep about sin, they wake up with a boner and they've already sinned.

Seriously, I love reading books by ex Catholics, their entire lives are ruled by guilt and fear, from the time they're born till the time they wake up.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes. Ok. But how can instinct be sinful?
Becvause we believe that the universe is divided into good vs evil and that evil tempts us constantly to do that which is nbot goood, ie that which is not condusive to life, truth, goodness, beauty, love etc. Rater our default state is one which is constantly driven to that which is selfish, and we are ledf to beliueve that it is the selfish that is good and right for society.
It is a lie :santa:m

I want to do you slowly kt

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
your case is completely different, since you're a happy clappy and all you have to do is say "i love jesus" and all your 'sin' is erased, then you can keep doing whatever you like, guilt-free

real christians, i.e. catholics are actually made to feel serious guilt for their actions and are supposed to try to change them
I will never forget this kindly remark Will skarepsear. Youre a very good person, buit I wish that you would reveal more of yourlsef.
It takes a lot of discipline to alwayas be so sarcastic

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Crippling guilt. Paranoia. Anxiety. They sleep about sin, they wake up with a boner and they've already sinned.

Seriously, I love reading books by ex Catholics, their entire lives are ruled by guilt and fear, from the time they're born till the time they wake up.
Stfu KT, seriously, "ghuilt and fear" fkn proves nothing at all, k?
You fkn say it like it's sopmething to be condemed i n itself, like there couldnt possibly be anything in the world to be guilty or fearful about.
I wish you would stop being a bitter old bag and start being a bit more humble and accomodating. I could be a wonderful husband for you if only wouyou would let me IN

tycho

HSC
You fkn say it like it's sopmething to be condemed i n itself, like there couldnt possibly be anything in the world to be guilty or fearful about.
I'd say using guilt and fear as a means of control is something to be condemned...

I could be a wonderful husband for you if only wouyou would let me IN
Fucking lol.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
fkn lol, you're all applying 'fear and guilt' on the standard of one human using it agaionst another, rather than the perfect divine contrasting against the weak and fickle hiuman.
Iz idiots aye

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Rape isn't an instinct.
Technically it would be. The evolutionary imperative is to pass on our DNA, no matter the cost. If the woman isn't willing to accept the DNA, then too bad for her.

EDIT: I would argue that murder is not instinctive, unless in self-defence.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Stfu KT, seriously, "ghuilt and fear" fkn proves nothing at all, k?
I wish you would stop being a bitter old bag and start being a bit more humble and accomodating. I could be a wonderful husband for you if only wouyou would let me IN
:(

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Technically it would be. The evolutionary imperative is to pass on our DNA, no matter the cost. If the woman isn't willing to accept the DNA, then too bad for her.
Spot on.

It's unklikely, but not totally unreasonable to suggest homo saipiens as a species might not have existed if it weren't for rape :O :O

DarkDestiny

HSC
N/A
Rape isn't an instinct.
this is also a question of human morality, treat others the way you would like to be treated doesn't work in the world of instincts, eg. "The lion was saved by a rabit, the lion ate the rabbit".

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
having lots of babies so when the lion gets hungry, there are lots of baby bunnies to eat
Oh, right.
I was thinking more along the lines of a rabbit jumping in front of a bullet or helping the lion up a cliff if it fell.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Our nature is inherently evil, but we can fight this comrade

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah but, how are we born sinners? are you telling me that every baby born has sinned? where did you get this theory from?

this has to be the weirdest shit i have read in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)