Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Analyst said:
Yep, to prove that the loch ness monster does not exist... you have to go to the loch ness, dive in, look around as much as you can and then come out believeing it is not there. To say that becoz the monster hasnt shown up in my backyard hence it does not exist.... is ignorant, or should I say Agnostic???
santa claus also exists. i mean, i looked all over the north pole and couldn't find him, and there is lots of evidence to show that he was just made up, but for me to say he doesn't exist is pure ignorance. he obviously does because if he didn't, what purpose would there be to life?

HSC
But if this "beginning" was created by God then logically God had to come before it, thus, this beginning you speak of is not actually the beginning at all.

Analyst

HSC
crazyhomo said:
santa claus also exists. i mean, i looked all over the north pole and couldn't find him, and there is lots of evidence to show that he was just made up, but for me to say he doesn't exist is pure ignorance. he obviously does because if he didn't, what purpose would there be to life?
well chosen purpose to life, i knew ur nick says Homo..... but to have the hots for santa claus...... hahahaha

Analyst

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
But if this "beginning" was created by God then logically God had to come before it, thus, this beginning you speak of is not actually the beginning at all.
Thats coz if I ask you when did it all start, your word for it will be the beginning... thats human limitation my friend. ask any mathematician what is infinity times infinity??? Th answer tells you what human limitations are.
God was there eversince and will be there for ever! That still is expressed within human limitations...

Generator

HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
Perhaps you should attack his argument instead of insulting him.
Yes.

Please take the above as a friendly piece of advice, analyst. If everyone else is willing to consider and respond to your arguments, the least that you could do is return the favour.

Analyst said:
Perhaps, or wait..... Surely I decide what I do :)
No. This is a discussion forum, not a forum for insulting others in a childish manner. If you are going to continue to post, please make sure that your contributions are constructive. That's all that we all ask.

Last edited:

Analyst

HSC
Generator said:
Yes.

Please take the above as a friendly piece of advice, analyst. If everyone else is willing to consider and respond to your arguments, the least that you could do is return the favour.
No worries..... lemme think! I am a little slow i must admit

HSC
Analyst said:
Thats coz if I ask you when did it all start, your word for it will be the beginning... thats human limitation my friend. ask any mathematician what is infinity times infinity??? Th answer tells you what human limitations are.
God was there eversince and will be there for ever! That still is expressed within human limitations...
Yeah thats fantastic but all i was saying was that the beginning of the Earth is separate to the beginning of God.

Although one question, God was "there" ever since what?

davin

HSC
N/A
Analyst said:
thats like saying asking someone what red times pineapple is shows limits of the human mind. infinity times infinity doesn't carry a meaning.

and based off of relativity, there isn't time before the big bang. its more like asking what is south of the south pole? there's nothing south of the south pole. (analogy taken from Stephen Hawking)

Dr_Doom

HSC
Analyst said:
Science does not make things happen. It just explains whats already happening in the universe. Science is a man- made concept to explain what they think and try to prove is happening. Its not capable enough to prove God just in itself, especially from the starting premise that God does not exist. If we try to explain rain by starting from the premise that it never rains, we will call it "waterfall", and "cloud piss" but never accept it as rain.

Explaining a phenomenon is done by acknowledging its presence and then objectively observing it, not outright denying it. So if you outright deny His presence, you can never understand Him.
Exactly. Science just explains the workings of GOD.

our brains cannot understand why and how God did things the way they are.

Dr_Doom

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Yeah thats fantastic but all i was saying was that the beginning of the Earth is separate to the beginning of God.

Why don't you ask God. You sure won't get the answer in an online forum. That's like asking what's the meaning of life.

Analyst

HSC
davin said:
thats like saying asking someone what red times pineapple is shows limits of the human mind. infinity times infinity doesn't carry a meaning.

and based off of relativity, there isn't time before the big bang. its more like asking what is south of the south pole? there's nothing south of the south pole. (analogy taken from Stephen Hawking)
Taking Stephen Hawking as an authority, you should also believe the otherthings he says. he believes in God, so should you.

Analyst

HSC
The Brucemaster said:

In English Language "ever since" without a following word means infinity in the past.

Analyst

HSC
davin said:

All religions agree that the time we see and work on is not the time of God. We have lready discussed that so the big bang might be big for us and like a dot for God or not even that. Time is again a human construct, but God is not.
I think the difference of opinion here over belief can hardly be removed coz its the intention that matters here. I intend to believe in him so I do. You are adamnt not to intend so you dont. :)

Analyst

HSC
The Brucemaster said:

Yes, you are right, the beginning of the Earth is separate to the beginning of God. No doubt about it.

Analyst

HSC
Generator said:
Yes.

No. This is a discussion forum, not a forum for insulting others in a childish manner. If you are going to continue to post, please make sure that your contributions are constructive. That's all that we all ask.
You can accuse me of something and not look at how many times other people here swear and use dirty words..... just because u disagree with me doesnt mean u should hate me.... be fair about it!

If you dont want to be fair, then at least do not be unfair "only" to me.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Exactly. Science just explains the workings of GOD.

our brains cannot understand why and how God did things the way they are.
i thought we were created in the image of god, so shouldn't we be capable of understanding that which he understands?

davin

HSC
N/A
Analyst said:
Taking Stephen Hawking as an authority, you should also believe the otherthings he says. he believes in God, so should you.
I was using an analogy that I felt was a particularly good one. That doesn't mean I have to have the exact same beliefs as him and follow blindly and without thought. Second, I would like to see your arguement that he believes in a god, since quickly searching, I find this quote attributed to him at wikipedia:
"The whole history of science has been the gradual realisation that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired." which does not indicate belief, and also him writing the following:
"there would be no singularities at which the laws of science broke down and no edge of space-time at which one would have to appeal to God or some new law to set the boundary conditions for space-time . . . The universe would be completely self-contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE . . . What place, then, for a creator?"
so i wonder how you claim he believes there is a god.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)