Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

iBibah

HSC
And I believe you're saying if we can't prove something's non-existence then it must exist.

Do you believe in leprechauns? Can you prove they don't exist?

In this regard there is no difference between leprechauns and god, other than the scale of the delusion.
He didn't say it must exist. He just said the inability to prove the existence of something doesn't necessarily imply it's absent.

braintic

HSC
N/A
He didn't say it must exist. He just said the inability to prove the existence of something doesn't necessarily imply it's absent.
So you concede that the FSM might exist?

I guess that, failing proof, common sense should kick in.
And god just makes no sense.

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
And I believe you're saying if we can't prove something's non-existence then it must exist.

Do you believe in leprechauns? Can you prove they don't exist?

In this regard there is no difference between leprechauns and god, other than the scale of the delusion.
I never suggested if we can't prove somethings existence it must exist, I merely said that just because we can't prove somethings existence yet it doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist.

braintic

HSC
N/A
I never suggested if we can't prove somethings existence it must exist, I merely said that just because we can't prove somethings existence yet it doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist.
Sure, but if we can't prove something then all we have is guesswork and fairytale. I guess it is possible that one of our fairytales might be true. I'll put my money on leprechauns.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
In science we accept ideas based on supporting evidence, and may revise these ideas, if new evidence is found, has there been claims which have been backed up (apart from the "I read it in the bible, if it was written in a historical text, it must true")?

Garygaz

HSC
Maybe we haven't got the technology to prove the existence of god yet? Like many other things yet to be discovered. You're saying it like we have absolute knowledge, and if we can't prove somethings existence it doesn't exist.
ill just get out my handy god-O-meter 3000. oh yep, its confirming that there is definitely a lot of god around here.

seanieg89

HSC
So you concede that the FSM might exist?

I guess that, failing proof, common sense should kick in.
And god just makes no sense.
I concede that the FSM might exist. In the same way that a god might exist, in the same way that an exceptional zero of the Riemann zeta function might exist.

The word "might" does not say anything about the perceived likelihood of an event, and I am loathe to say words like: "always", "never", "certainly", etc. without having proof rather than just supporting evidence.

Absolute knowledge about this universe is exceedingly rare, so all we can do is make personal judgements based on the information available to us.

On common sense: By most people's measures, quantum mechanics is a very strange theory for the workings of our universe. Yet experimental evidence shows that it seems to be a much closer approximation to reality than any of the more "common sense" classical formulations. Something sounding strange / incongruous with our current understanding of the way things are is not in itself evidence that it is fallacious.

NB: I am a strong agnostic atheist and don't believe in god, leprechauns of the FSM.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
ill just get out my handy god-O-meter 3000. oh yep, its confirming that there is definitely a lot of god around here.
And I'll take out my EMR detector, since I can't detect god He definitely doesn't exist.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Damn, the christians have taken the lead again. All atheists unite!

Stolen Kiss

HSC
Of course, God is exsist. Why your not believe that there is God? You can visit StudGeek.org now.

Last edited:

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Well, I guess there is as many gods as many human beeings there are. Not saying we all are gods, more like we all have one in our heads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)