• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

HotShot

-_-
HSC
transcendent said:
you know what i'd do? report him. not because i hate nudity or drugs but because he's a prat and finally gave us a reason to report something.
yeah i will be a tightass and report everything.... :rofl:

how come i cant see my sig?

G

genavania

its just like this guy at USyd was saying that the jews couldnt possibly hve been slaves in Egypt cos the Egyptians would never have let them build the pyramids.

I was like where does it say in the bible that the Israelites built the pyramids???

and he had a PhD!!!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
genavania said:
its just like this guy at USyd was saying that the jews couldnt possibly hve been slaves in Egypt cos the Egyptians would never have let them build the pyramids.

I was like where does it say in the bible that the Israelites built the pyramids???

and he had a PhD!!!

does it have to say in the bible that jews built the pyramids? u know there are other books out there rite?

G

genavania

SashatheMan said:
maybe he thought,its useless running away. plus if he gave in , it would look more dramatic, and he wouldnt look like a coward.

plus if that newly discovered gospel is correct, jesus instructed judas to turn him in, which makes it even less dramatic, then the alternative version where jesus knows he will be captured, even thought judas doesnt tell him.

jesus just gave up on life, he was suicidal. Not a hero in my books
if you think that you havent read the bible. Jesus needed to die to fulfil Gods plan of salvation. as in he died to take the punishment for all people. he didnt run cos in the garden of gethsemane when he was praying he asked God if there was any other way, but there wasnt. and Jesus said ok God Ill do it.

He gave up his own life to save others. The defenition of a hero

G

genavania

HotShot said:
does it have to say in the bible that jews built the pyramids? u know there are other books out there rite?
other books? please tell.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
genavania said:
if you think that you havent read the bible. Jesus needed to die to fulfil Gods plan of salvation. as in he died to take the punishment for all people. he didnt run cos in the garden of gethsemane when he was praying he asked God if there was any other way, but there wasnt. and Jesus said ok God Ill do it.

He gave up his own life to save others. The defenition of a hero
um who did he save? he just got killed. you dont save people by kill yourself. you save people by stopping others killing others.

other books- encylopedias, harry potter , u know heard of them?

can you still see my sig?

G

genavania

yes i can see it still.

harry potter.... hmm ok not the books i was after. but if the bible says nothing about pyramids you can hardly say ooh the israelites didnt build the pyramids. its like whoa thats amazing!
no one said they did!

Jesus saved me. U gotta remember Jesus said he is God so by him dying yes he can save us indirectly

pkc

HSC
N/A
Religion is a drug.

The church and its members are the pushers and profiters.

The amount of ranting and raving by preachers off in fairy-land on this thread only confirms the hallucinagenic effects of a very very nasty, insidious and powerful substance.

PS If i dont return then the lighting bolt got me....argh.

:eek:

G

genavania

lol that is so cute, you cant measure sins. WHo would be the judge. Are you worthy?? its pretty rediculous.

JEsus had to die cos God hates sin and couldnt just simply forgive.. its kinda hard to understand but he just had to die.

Can i get some help?

G

genavania

pkc said:
Religion is a drug.

The church and its members are the pushers and profiters.

The amount of ranting and raving by preachers off in fairy-land on this thread only confirms the hallucinagenic effects of a very very nasty, insidious and powerful substance.

PS If i dont return then the lighting bolt got me....argh.

:eek:
kthnxbi

pkc

HSC
N/A
"My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures have become clearer and stronger with advancing years, and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them."

Abraham Lincoln

Amen Abe-baby.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
genavania said:
yes i can see it still.

harry potter.... hmm ok not the books i was after. but if the bible says nothing about pyramids you can hardly say ooh the israelites didnt build the pyramids. its like whoa thats amazing!
no one said they did!

Jesus saved me. U gotta remember Jesus said he is God so by him dying yes he can save us indirectly
have u watched dogma? JEsus was a nigga.

pkc

HSC
N/A
Epicurus had a bit of time to think about things and the God of the Bible really had him stumped:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then where does evil come from?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
-
Epicurus

pkc

HSC
N/A
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence."
-- Doug McLeod

:)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
pkc said:
Epicurus had a bit of time to think about things and the God of the Bible really had him stumped:

-
Epicurus
um god is evil...

G

genavania

webby234 said:
Marx - Religion is the opiate of the people.

People live for the next life rather than this one - so many lives are wasted, especially with all the wars.

That is one of the arguments against the existence of God and it is quite a compelling one - any counter-arguments?

Another one is to do with free will. If there is an all-knowing God then he/she/it knows what is to happen, so we have no free will - our lives are already determined. If we don't have free will, then how can you be judged for what you have done?
christians lives are not wasted. you only have to look around you to see the ammount of good christian people aer doing. Associations such as world vision and CCF are run by christian people to better the lives of those less fortunate.

Christian people trying to live up to Jesus commandment love your neighbour live their lives for others doing good. When u got Jesus in your soul you cant help living your life like this. certainly not a waste.

volition

arr.
HSC
pkc said:

-
Epicurus
I think discussion of the problem of evil isn't good at disproving God's existence, because of the way that some forms of good can only exist because of evil. Some would argue that there is another possibility, the possibility that "good serves evil".

That said, I'm agnostic because I have other reasons for refusing to believe in God.(reasons other than the so called "problem of evil")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)