• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

pkc

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
Yeah like ten commandments and stuff. They are the rules. But NT more thoroughly explains the journey of Jesus and what's to come for the future...
I think christian belief is a bit of an insult to everyone.

It supposes that people cant be nice to each other without the promise of great riches in an everlasting life and the threat of eternal damnation if your not nice.

It also presumptuos enough to think that the only purpose in our life can be given belief in some fairytale god, without considering that we can find some extremely satisfying and worthwhile purposes in our own lives by caring for our children, friends, being leaders in our careers etc.

On top of all that, it forces people to go back to childish beliefs that really aren't what being a mature, sane, actualised adult is really all about.

Dr_Doom

HSC
pkc said:
I think christian belief is a bit of an insult to everyone.

It supposes that people cant be nice to each other without the promise of great riches in an everlasting life and the threat of eternal damnation if your not nice.

It also presumptuos enough to think that the only purpose in our life can be given belief in some fairytale god, without considering that we can find some extremely satisfying and worthwhile purposes in our own lives by caring for our children, friends, being leaders in our careers etc.

On top of all that, it forces people to go back to childish beliefs that really aren't what being a mature, sane, actualised adult is really all about.
There is no promise of riches. It is eternal life in a paradise.

And not it doesn't say the only purpose of life is to believe in a fairytale god. If you find the meaning of life be sure to tell me.

Childish beliefs? So all Christians are childish for believing in God and Jesus. If you don't believe that's fine. But you don't have to mock Christianity. Grow up man!

pkc

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
There is no promise of riches. It is eternal life in a paradise.

And not it doesn't say the only purpose of life is to believe in a fairytale god. If you find the meaning of life be sure to tell me.

Childish beliefs? So all Christians are childish for believing in God and Jesus. If you don't believe that's fine. But you don't have to mock Christianity. Grow up man!
Sorry mate the idea was not to mock christianity.

The idea is to put up a point of view with reasons to explain it.
If you've got the same, put it up! In your post I ain't seen it.

Otherwise, float off in your intoxicated world of fairytale beliefs and leave others to post some sense.

G

genavania

well for starters christianity is not about being nice to others to get riches or eternal life. its all about Jesus and the fact that we cant be nice. We couldnt be nice so much that we killed the one guy who could be.

Christianity is about accepting this fact that we are not perfect. Saying Sorry to the guy who made us and trying to be good cos we know it makes him and also ourselves happy.

If christianity were all about being nice im afraid there are times when i would be heading for hell. If this were the case how is anyone to know which "sins" are worse. Is there a tally
God- well he lied today and hit his brother but he did give money to the salvos last week. Lets let him in
that isnt how it works.

Ill introduce you to a concept of Grace. When we ask God to forgive us he does. We live letting him be the helper and leader in our lives and call ourselves christians. We still keep doing the wrong thing but because we have asked God into our lives to help us he keeps doing this and keeps forgiving us. This is grace.

Secondly I know some of the things i say sound a bit stupid and hard to understand but if you point out the things you dont get i will be more than happy to keep trying. I ask that everyone could do the same. Carefully research what you say that you dont say something completley false. eg fairytale god.
God is so real to so many people and to call him a fairytale is actually mocking. You say you mean not to mock but 3 lines later this is exactly what you are doing.
Please open your minds to understanding others. You so dont have to be a christian but if you listen and understand then at least you can mock it and not show off your ignorance. i find it rather insulting to be called a child for my own belief. If you had done the same to any other religion it would be a horrible thing wouldnt it?

ok im done with my rant now

transcendent

HSC
N/A
is Heaven really that great? do you suddenly become a nicer person in Heaven cause seriously all those happy singing Christians would certainly put a dampener on my experience in Heaven. i mean you ARE going to be patronised FOREVER by people you may hate, hell even despise. so who gets into Heaven? those that strictly follow Gods law or is there some leniency? what if your a white Christian with prejudices against other races? i'm sure they are going to have a GREAT time in Heaven with those 'coloured' people cause he sure damn worked hard at please God all those years and here he has to spend an eternity with people he hates. seriously if that's the case i think Hell would be such a inviting prospect. at least i know it's Hell. consider this: the only reason people believe in God is to get into Heaven. that is the SOLE purpose of most religions and that is rather sad.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
so saying Grace is a way to alleviate guilt? ah, now i get it! somehow praying to God will suddenly make things all better, fine and dandy with white turtle doves and happy little elves singing Christmas carols it's JUST SO MUCH FUN!!! :D our wrongs will just pop up and disappear because we so devoutly pray every night and thank GOD that Jesus died for us because no one on this God forsaken Earth actually gives a damn about your silly little problems, yeah!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
transcendent said:
so saying Grace is a way to alleviate guilt? ah, now i get it! somehow praying to God will suddenly make things all better, fine and dandy with white turtle doves and happy little elves singing Christmas carols it's JUST SO MUCH FUN!!! :D our wrongs will just pop up and disappear because we so devoutly pray every night and thank GOD that Jesus died for us because no one on this God forsaken Earth actually gives a damn about your silly little problems, yeah!
jesus died for us? wtf - he died because he was nailed to the cross. he didnt sacrifice himself like t hose that did in the 9/11 attack.

Dr_Doom

HSC
HotShot said:
jesus died for us? wtf - he died because he was nailed to the cross. he didnt sacrifice himself like t hose that did in the 9/11 attack.
Where did it say he sacrificed himself? When he knew the guards were coming to get him, he didn't run or anything. He was sent to forgive our sins.

The people who sacrificed themselves in 911 are TERRORISTS!

G

genavania

hmm i think someone needs a panadol.

i dont think you can understand how good heaven will be cos there is nothing else like it. there wont be any of those things that you mention cos its just so super dooper good. mind blowing aint it.

well in a round about way i guess you are right about grace. it does alliveate guilt but i still feel shit when i do the wrong thing i just know its ok. i dont think there will be elves as they are linked to santa which is a made up concept to do with santa who was created by Macy's and Coca Cola.
Thats it! our wrongs pop up and dissapear because jesus died for us and rose again. So happy you get it.
But you are wrong. People on earth give a damn too. Try calling the kids help line if you have a real biggie.

G

genavania

HotShot said:
you know you really cant be taken seriously with a sig like that

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Where did it say he sacrificed himself? When he knew the guards were coming to get him, he didn't run or anything. He was sent to forgive our sins.

The people who sacrificed themselves in 911 are TERRORISTS!
he didnt run - rite, so he sacrificed himself, and also remember to some extent jesus was consdiered a terrorist by the king that executed him?

remember jesus had roman orgys, had sex with niggas. he was impure.

G

genavania

SashatheMan said:
does the crusifiction actually make jesus's death more significant? If he was trampled my camels, or ripped apart by hungry lions, would it still be a sacrifice?
i reckon it would be. if the camels werent just being random but were sent by the authorities. The significance of the cross has come from the crusifiction so i guess if he had been trampled by camels we would all wear little hoofs round our necks.

the point is however that he died and then rose again. by whatever method

transcendent

HSC
N/A
genavania said:
you know you really cant be taken seriously with a sig like that
you know what i'd do? report him. not because i hate nudity or drugs but because he's a prat and finally gave us a reason to report something.

Dr_Doom

HSC
HotShot said:
he didnt run - rite, so he sacrificed himself, and also remember to some extent jesus was consdiered a terrorist by the king that executed him?

remember jesus had roman orgys, had sex with niggas. he was impure.
That's because people claimed him to be the king and his position was threatened. I would too if I was a king at the time and some man wanted my throne.

Wtf where does it say he had orgys!

G

genavania

yeah i think hot shot has taken a few too many happy lollies and was reading some other book. orgies indeed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)