Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

davin

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
I doubt someone who kills people would be a Christian. And if they were it would probably influence them to make the right choice and not kill anyone.
right, because no one who was religious has commited crimes. considering the ONLY thing you said thats neccessary is that you accept Jesus, that still means that you can do whatever you want.... then people will. especially if by accepting Jesus, all your sins are forgiven, then doesn't that let people rationalise things they otherwise wouldn't?

to personalise it more, i can not see any way that my becoming religious would help me on a personal level.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
it seems a lot of you seem to think that u need to have religion for god to exist. thats not so, god can exists with religion and we dont religion to believe in god. essentially meanin u do what u want, ur not restricted i.e you will go heaven or hell. But god still can exist.

why do you need heaven and hell? or the afterlife?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Hotshot I don't think there's many god believing people in the world, that are willing to accept their fantasy without the afterlife.
lol..

so essentially its nnot about wether god exists or not, out pure selfishness everyone wants to go to heaven regardless of what they have to do, that maybe to kill thy neighbour slaughter thy daughter etc.

so you might as well, declare on the world and the last man standing can go to heaven.

davin

HSC
N/A
the whole reason, though, that religion is discussed is because that is given as a reason as to why there is a god.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
transcendent said:
I DID accept Jesus into my life when I was ten. Have that done anything to improve my life within say 5 years? No. Life got worse. It was only after I threw away religion completely and accepted that it wasn't necessary was I able to live my life with much more satisfaction without worrying about some God looking over my shoulder telling whether what I was doing was right or wrong. I'll be the judge or what's right or wrong according to MY beliefs. The teachings of the bible are inflexible and I'm not going to carry it around to help me make my decisions for me.
Do you believe there are such things as absolute right and wrong?

Dr_Doom

HSC
davin said:
right, because no one who was religious has commited crimes. considering the ONLY thing you said thats neccessary is that you accept Jesus, that still means that you can do whatever you want.... then people will. especially if by accepting Jesus, all your sins are forgiven, then doesn't that let people rationalise things they otherwise wouldn't?

to personalise it more, i can not see any way that my becoming religious would help me on a personal level.
Yes people could keep commiting crimes and be a Christian. But that would get you in jail someday. If you were going to murder someone and you were a Christian, yeah sure you will be forgiven, but you will go to jail. You keep trying to think of ways to proove me and everyone else wrong about Christianity. Anyway I doubt you would find anyone in jail who came in there being a Christian.

davin

HSC
N/A
yes, but, from a christian viewpoint, doesn't this life matter not so much, as the real point is to get into heaven in the afterlife, in which case a finite years in jail is a rather moot point?

second, there are most CERTAINLY christians commiting crimes, and yet you claim that there is no one in jail that committed a crime while christian

immoral people will be immoral, moral will be moral. accepting jesus, and that alone, doesn't effect that. again my question is, how would you then theorise that i would be a better person were i christian?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Become a true Christian and then you will find out.
'true' christian? - is he one that gives no value to humanity, and values himself more than others, indulge selfishness and holiness to get himself into heaven.

or be a human? help others, teach others and love others.

choose ur path?

davin

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
Become a true Christian and then you will find out.
however, i don't see what rules there are that a christian follows that would better my ethics as a person

Dr_Doom

HSC
HotShot said:
'true' christian? - is he one that gives no value to humanity, and values himself more than others, indulge selfishness and holiness to get himself into heaven.

or be a human? help others, teach others and love others.

choose ur path?
hahahahaha man ur a funny one ;)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i can rape, murder and steal, but as long as i believe that jesus died for my sins, then none of them count. who cares if i spend a couple years in prison, when i'm going to spend eternity in heaven sitting right between god and jesus

i thank god for christianity, the religion that allows me to commit the most heinous acts, yet still be a better person

*hugs jesus*

pkc

HSC
N/A

"I put out these milk and cookies as a sacrifice. If Thou wishest me to eat them, please give me a
sign by doing absolutely nothing. MMMMmmmm..."

[Homer Simpson]

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
You can still do what you want and become a Christian.

Being a Christian makes you a better person.
-----------------
If you were going to murder someone and you were a Christian, yeah sure you will be forgiven
You sicken me.

That is all.

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
You've just rearanged my sentences to make it look like killing people makes you a better person.

davin

HSC
N/A
no, the point is that if you kill someone, and are christian, you're forgiven. where is the sense of morality in that?

and you've still not explained what sort of morals i would gain by being christian that i wouldn't have otherwise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)