Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
Moonlight sonata, you say that everyone assumes that we are creations, and you believe that there is no such thing as a creation and thus there is no creator (ie God).

Lets say for example that you build a house. Didn't you make or create the house with your hands? The house wasn't just there from the beginning. A creation is something that exists due to another factor contributing to its creation (ie your hands and hard work)

With your logic, you are pretty much saying that nothing gave rise to this Earth or for that matter yourself. You are saying that you weren't created, rather you were here already since the beginning of time.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
thats not true!

america exists because i have been there. if i havent been there then it doesnt exist- simple.

thus we as humans understand and use maths, thus we can say we created it. But to say it already exists, means then some other can understand it and exploit, but we do not know that. What we do not know cannot exist! - simple.

if you know it something, then that something must exist. if someone else doesnt know it (the same thing), then it doesnt exist.- simple

its like asking a baby do you know maths?
Behold HotShot, our resident solipsist.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
Moonlight sonata, you say that everyone assumes that we are creations, and you believe that there is no such thing as a creation and thus there is no creator (ie God).
I never said there was no such thing as a creation.

davin

HSC
N/A
the thing with maths and science though, is that even if the complexities of it didn't exist prior to man, all the material contained within those subjects is based off of observable conditions of the world around us. its developed by observing conditions of the world and then, using advanced thought, understanding why things work as they do. its like trying to figure out a machine or something.

religion is simply saying "well, god said this, believe it". it starts from faith, not from observations.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i have a question for all the thiests. Why cant the universe exist forever? dont tell me some bullshit like nothign can exist forever, because you dont know.

so why couldnt the universe even before the big bang exist forever?
actually the universe may not exist forever. But the universe will decay, and thus fall into pieces, and those pieces still exist but you cant call that an universe. So in a sense everything exists forever which is a evidence that god exists.

like for example a car engine breaks. the engine rusts. the engine decomposes- but eh elements iron, oxyfen still exist.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hotshot... we, through science are aware that the universe may come to an end. However, using the supernatural entity of God to say 'God made the universe' is about as good as us saying 'the universe has always existed'.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
HotShot said:
actually the universe may not exist forever. But the universe will decay, and thus fall into pieces, and those pieces still exist but you cant call that an universe. So in a sense everything exists forever which is a evidence that god exists.

like for example a car engine breaks. the engine rusts. the engine decomposes- but eh elements iron, oxyfen still exist.
Based on probability those pieces, over trillions of years, will eventually form another singularity and create a second (or 1528917125th) big bang.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
withoutaface said:
Based on probability those pieces, over trillions of years, will eventually form another singularity and create a second (or 1528917125th) big bang.
yes through gravitational forces, then that is to say god doesnt exist, as we have found how a universe is formed.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
This is what you said about creation Moonlight Sonata.

"Your confusion stems from the fact that you have already begged the question by assuming that everything was "created". You look around at the universe you call everything a "creation", before going on to say that every creation requires a creator. By doing this you use the loaded term "creation" when there is no evidence to suggest that everything was "created".

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
As you can see, I said that you assume that everything was created.

I never said that there was no such thing as a creation.

Salima

HSC
Did you know: That in the Qur'an it describes the universe. It says in the Qur'an that the universe is ever expanding, adn that the sun, the centre of our solar system, lights up the world by consuming itself (talking bout the gases and such to make itself burn ie consuming itself by using up its energy to light the world), it also says how the twinkling lights in the sky are also suns liek our one, only furhter away in another solar system, also consuming themselves. The Qur'an also says that the lights of the moon and the sun are different. It gives the example of the sun being like a lamp, radiating out...but it says that the moon is only like a glow, and that it doens't radiate light, only nur (light), washing over the night while we sleep, becuase the night i is for rest, which is why it was created for us.

gerhard

HSC
no it doesnt I already posted about this in some thread in response to your claims and you simply ignored me.

Salima

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i have a question for all the thiests. Why cant the universe exist forever? dont tell me some bullshit like nothign can exist forever, because you dont know.

so why couldnt the universe even before the big bang exist forever?
It was told to us in all the books that it will eventually end.

Question to all the abnostics and atheists:

How do you get 3 boos, very simliar in words, and even identical in others if the prophets are all false and just crazy people making uop stuff. DOn't say they heard it somewhere and decided to use it to play a hoaz onthe world. In mUhammad's saudi arabia they were all pagans. Some jews here and htere. But pagan. In muhammad's area expecially there had been no talk of the previous prophets, yet in the holy qur'an it says all their names and what deeds they did and performed, this is why muslims believe in the others, because the qur'an told us of them where no one new of them before.

Salima

HSC
gerhard said:
no it doesnt I already posted about this in some thread in response to your claims and you simply ignored me.
Are you talking ot me or someone else here?

If you are talking to me, then you're wrong. How well learned in the QUr'an are you? Do you kow what each story represents? Do you take the literal meaning, beucase sometimes they are metaphors or a sotry told in a certain mannor to describe another thing. Besides the english translations are pretty bad, you must look at the arabic text and the exact words for certain things to understand what the thing means. It takes a very educated man or woman to see the roots of the qur'an, which is why the unlearned in the qur'an read thier books to see where things lie and understand the book better.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Salima said:
Did you know: That in the Qur'an it describes the universe. It says in the Qur'an that the universe is ever expanding, adn that the sun, the centre of our solar system, lights up the world by consuming itself (talking bout the gases and such to make itself burn ie consuming itself by using up its energy to light the world), it also says how the twinkling lights in the sky are also suns liek our one, only furhter away in another solar system, also consuming themselves. The Qur'an also says that the lights of the moon and the sun are different. It gives the example of the sun being like a lamp, radiating out...but it says that the moon is only like a glow, and that it doens't radiate light, only nur (light), washing over the night while we sleep, becuase the night i is for rest, which is why it was created for us.
Find me the verses, cause I've seen the one that's supposed to explain fingerprint analysis and it's extremely vague.

gerhard

HSC
Salima said:
The Qur'an also says that the lights of the moon and the sun are different. It gives the example of the sun being like a lamp, radiating out...but it says that the moon is only like a glow, and that it doens't radiate light,.

OH MY GOD HOW AMAZING I CAN TELL THAT JUST BY LOOKING IN THE SKY YOU IDIOT.

Salima

HSC
Gerhard if you are talkign ot me, tell me where you have not read these thigns and where it does not say them!

Salima

HSC
withoutaface said:
Find me the verses, cause I've seen the one that's supposed to explain fingerprint analysis and it's extremely vague.
I will for you. But give me a few days beucase the muslim id ul-adha is tomorrow and i have to prepare...yay feasting! but today fasting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)