Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
ravenmorr said:
God: a being that is everything & anything, also whom created all.

Atoms: a particul that is everything & anything, also created all.
That is an incorrect definition of God. God is more properly defined as:

An omnipotent, omnipresent being, who is the creator of all things.

Also, your defenition for atoms is off, it should read:

A particle that is the basis of all matter, the building blocks of all things.

You are confusing the creator (God), and the building blocks (atoms) of the creation.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Exphate said:
Athiests aren't condeming anyone to an eternity of nothing if there is no God - it's just the way things are (again, if there is no god). As for "condeming themselves to hell", we all have free choice, so why would anyone (this supposed "God" who allows for free choice and what not according to many Christians) condemn them for using this freedom?

I do like that you call athiests the stupidest people you know, when they are merely exercising the same freedoms as you do in believing in God.
yes, there is free will. But there is also sin.
The fundamental aspect of the christian faith is the fact that God sent his son Jsus, who is also god (for more on the trinity, feel free to attend the lecture held later), to take up the sin of the world, and die for us. This did not eliminate our sin, just gave us a way to reconnect with God, and a way for us to be forgiven.
God Hates sin. While we are sinners in his eyes, we cannot be associated with God. Jesus died for us in order so that we might be forgiven (and thus be sinnless in God's eyes), and be able to acheive the personal relationship with God that we were created to have. it is your choice to be forgiven, but it is also your right to know the consequences of that choice.

You cannot enter heaven by your own ability.
For it is by grace you have been saved, not by works so no man can boast. For we are god's workmanship, created to do good in the name of Crist Jesus. Ephesians 2:8-10

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
Atheists have to be the stupidest people i know.

Case one: If god doesn't exist, the atheists are condeming everyone to nothing after death (Slightly depressing and boring)
Case two: If god exists they are condemming themselves to hell (not a much better option than nothing)
Case three: If the Christians are right, we get eternal life with God.

Faith's a better option - why beleive that you die and that's it. It's boring and depressing.

BTW, proud Christian. Feel free to bag me out (i don't care).
Case four: The muslims are right and athiests and christians alike burn in hell, together.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
morning storm said:
faith is the ultimate cop-out

the ability to believe without the need to proof is stupid. it is self-degrading and pitiful. it demonstrates stupidy and a sad naivety.

in a debate regarding the rational existence of god, you are simply not allowed to say 'faith' to trump the other argument, and bypass the need to provide evidence. the notion of faith only emerged because it was the only answer to the unanswerable reality that god doesnt exist.

the notion of, 'prove he DOESNT exist' is only further stupid. something doesnt exist if there is no proof. right now there is not proof of god. ipso facto, god doesnt exist.
How do you prove something?? I can say that there is no proof for your existance, and reject all of your arguments. Therefore, you do not exist, but are simply a figment of the imaginations of the people around you.

We can argue the existance of God, there is proof. The problem exists in the fact that people are often not educated enough to provide you with an acceptable answer. That is not a lack of proof, simply a lack of education.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Case four: The muslims are right and athiests and christians alike burn in hell, together.
That is also a possible case. However, we are not arguing which religion is right, we are arguing whether or not God exists.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Case Five: The Hindus are right and what ever they believe happens. And athiests and christians again, are together burning in hell.

Case Six: The budhists are right and we are all reincarnated. Athiests do good things because they feel it is the moral thing to do. Christians, on the otherhand, because it is want they thought god wanted them to do. Therefore the athiest reaches nirvana and the christian becomes a slug (or a jew)

Case seven: The eqyptions are right and whatever the fuck those people believes happens. Like the other cases, it is likely we all don't do too well in the afterlife.

Case eight: the Aztecs are right. Same as above.

k, im finished..

Last edited:

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
What proof??

The logical progression from the big bang theory that something sparked it.

The lack of proof for evolution.

The spiritual encounters of millions of people around the world throughout time. I've actually talked to a man from Africa that was raised from the dead. He was prononced clinically dead after a bomb blast severely injured him. The doctors to this day cannot explain the circumstances surrounding the fact that he is still alive, 15 years later, after being dead for a week.

That is proof of the existance of God, or at least a superior being capable of performing acts such as these.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Case Five: The Hindus are right and what ever they believe happens. And athiests and christians again, are together burning in hell.

Case Six: The budhists are right and we are all reincarnated. Athiests do good things because they feel it is the moral thing to do. Christians, on the otherhand, because it is want they thought god wanted them to do. Therefore the athiest reaches nirvana and the christian becomes a slug (or a jew)

Case seven: The eqyptions are right and whatever the fuck those people believes happens. Like the other cases, it is likely we all don't do too well in the afterlife.

Case eight: the Aztecs are right. Same as above.

k, im finished..
As i said, we are not arguing which religion is right, only whether or not God exists.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
How do you prove something?? I can say that there is no proof for your existance, and reject all of your arguments. Therefore, you do not exist, but are simply a figment of the imaginations of the people around you.
And there you have it my friends. The epitome of logic.

Fr33Lanc3r said:
We can argue the existance of God, there is proof.
homgz wear?

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Also, the Budhists are fine with the idea of christianity, they beleive that it is just another road to Brahman (or wherever they go). Similar idea with the Hindus. And atheists are not just doing the moral thing. Many atheists are immoral and unjust (so are many other people, not singling anyone out).

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
And there you have it my friends. The epitome of logic.

homgz wear?
Try reading before you post.
I have explained it.

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
Even if there were actually a lack of proof for evolution (...) how does this constitute proof of a higher power?

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
veloc1ty said:
Even if there were actually a lack of proof for evolution (...) how does this constitute proof of a higher power?
The lack of proof for evolution is a possible proof for creation. For creation to occur, there must be a creator.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
What proof??

The logical progression from the big bang theory that something sparked it.

I love it, something sparked the big bang, it must of been god. Therefore god exists.

There is a lack of proof for one theory. Therefore, the opposing theory is correct

The spiritual encounters of millions of people around the world throughout time. I've actually talked to a man from Africa that was raised from the dead. He was prononced clinically dead after a bomb blast severely injured him. The doctors to this day cannot explain the circumstances surrounding the fact that he is still alive, 15 years later, after being dead for a week.
Once I hit a fly with a book, he struggled for a while but slowly died. Soon enough, he started twitching again, movement in his lifeless legs. He got up onto his legs. And he flew. He flew.

That is proof of the existance of God, or at least a superior being capable of performing acts such as these.
x=a
y=b

therefore: a=b

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I love it, something sparked the big bang, it must of been god. Therefore god exists.

There is a lack of proof for one theory. Therefore, the opposing theory is correct

Once I hit a fly with a book, he struggled for a while but slowly died. Soon enough, he started twitching again, movement in his lifeless legs. He got up onto his legs. And he flew. He flew.

x=a
y=b

therefore: a=b
The lack of proof for evolution causes us to seek another answer, such an answer is found in creation.

I am just naming a few off the top of my head. You should try discussing this with people who have degrees in this sort of thing (I have, it's fun)

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
BTW.

I love arguing with you guys, but i have two exams tomorrow i should be studying for.

I'll be back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)