Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Hajime

HSC
You guys really go at it! I'm glad to see such healthy competition! Especially amongst such a puny, mortal race!
I hope this discussion manages to get somewhere!

PantherZ

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
What proof??

The lack of proof for evolution.
Do you know what you're talking about?

Does "Charles Darwin" 'spark' anything? Comparative embryology, comparative anatomy, DNA hybridisation, Convergent/Divergent evolution, Gregor Mendel.

Sorry, I'm just regurgitating biology.

If anything, these pieces of evidence formulate a much more stable backbone than the manipulative 'recounts' of human experience.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
The lack of proof for evolution causes us to seek another answer, such an answer is found in creation.
A lack of proof for one theory does not constitute as proof for another.

For example, Bill says the world is square. Bob says the world is flat.
There is a lack of proof that the world is flat, therefore the world is square?

Hajime

HSC
PantherZ said:

Does "Charles Darwin" 'spark' anything? Comparative embryology, comparative anatomy, DNA hybridisation, Convergent/Divergent evolution, Gregor Mendel.

If anything, these pieces of evidence formulate a much more stable backbone than the manipulative 'recounts' of human experience.
Lol!
Regurgitation is a sign you took it in! It doesn't matter whether you processed it or not.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
PantherZ said:

I am saying that we have no scientific proof for the existance of evolution. All experiments/observations performed on organisms in order to find evidence of evolution (by which i mean natural selection, not by human initiation) have failed.

And i do know what i'm talking about, i'm a great fan of science, as well as a general knowledge encyclopedia.

Gay Captain

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
I am saying that we have no scientific proof for the existance of evolution. All experiments/observations performed on organisms in order to find evidence of evolution (by which i mean natural selection, not by human initiation) have failed.

And i do know what i'm talking about, i'm a great fan of science, as well as a general knowledge encyclopedia.
yeah if by science you mean "answers in genesis", lol

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Gay Captain said:
yeah if by science you mean "answers in genesis", lol
Not just in Genisis. I am a physics student, with interests in astronomy and chemistry. I have a working knowledge of Biology, and a knowledge of many differing theories concerning science.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
Also, we all agree that there is a lack of proof for evolution, yet you all say that it is most likely a universal fact.

This is exactly the same issue you have with God.

There is a lack of evidence for both, yet one you are willing to accept, and one you reject.

I wonder why this is.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
But there is. There is a definite theoretical and experimental lack of evidence for evolution. Yet you all acccept it.

There is also (from your perspective) a lack of proof for God. And you reject the idea that he exists.

This seems hipocritical to me.

undalay

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
"An omnipotent, omnipresent being, who is the creator of all things."
Fr33Lanc3r said:
"yes, there is free will. But there is also sin."
How can God be omnipotent but not know of the future actions of his people.
If God knows all, he knows the decisions that people will do, thus free will does not exist, and thus determinsm does.
An omnipotent god and free will can not exist.

Fr33Lanc3r said:
"Atheists have to be the stupidest people i know.
"Case one: If god doesn't exist, the atheists are condeming everyone to nothing after death (Slightly depressing and boring)
Case two: If god exists they are condemming themselves to hell (not a much better option than nothing)
Case three: If the Christians are right, we get eternal life with God.
"
The others presented case four, and case 5, etc etc, to show that other religions can see christians as the "stupidest people" they know. Theres a technical phrase to call your argument, but ive forgotten

Fr33Lanc3r said:
"The logical progression from the big bang theory that something sparked it"
Sure something sparked it. Sure let as assume this as a higher power. However this does not prove that this higher power is omnipotent, omniscient, or even cares about us.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
Hahaha oh wow, you just lost the argument.

pinkyforce7

HSC
There is no conclusive evidence that god exists. there is not conclusive evidence that god does not exist. there is no conclusive evidence that we are a result of evolution.

agnostic = the only logical stance on existance

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
pinkyforce7 said:
there is no conclusive evidence that we are a result of evolution.
Actually, there is, thus being "agnostic" with regards to evolution is quite retarded.

The rest is logical, however.

pinkyforce7

HSC
prove it then. everything argument you make is an inference based on events that took place millions of years ago. there is no way we will ever be able to 'prove' evolution or the big bang theory. 'conclusive' was the key word. it will remain a theory until it is proven and becomes a law. which at this point it has not.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
pinkyforce7 said:
prove it then. everything argument you make is an inference based on events that took place millions of years ago. there is no way we will ever be able to 'prove' evolution or the big bang theory. 'conclusive' was the key word. it will remain a theory until it is proven and becomes a law. which at this point it has not.
You're forgetting the smoking gun, my friend.

Genetics.

EDIT: Also, theories and laws describe different things. Theories generally do not become laws.

HSC
I think it's fair to say many agnostics are atheists if you define atheism as "lack of belief in gods". It's just easier to say "atheist" than "atheist in practice, but if you want to get technical, due to the nature of gods I do admit there is an infinitesimal chance one does exist". I'm preaching to the choir here though. Just don't want to study physics. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)