Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

mophead

HSC
Ok but you see if he is omnipotent (yes or no?) then he could micromanage the universe with no effort

and as to his plan, since, in the end, all he wants is glory, i think his plan might be a little self involved....

btw LOTR rocks!

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
mophead said:
What about Sodom and gomorrah freelancer? was that symbolic? the exodus? Noahs Ark? Samson? The miracles of jesus.....Christianity?
i could get christiainty as a symbol....
Talking about the 7 day time period, specifically. the rest of Genisis is the history of the jewish origin.
Note that when i said symbolic, i specifically said the first few chapters of Genisis, specifically the creation.

undalay

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
There was, but some bitch flicked the switch on the computer halfway through typeing cause they didn't want me on the computer.
re-type?

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
mophead said:
Ok but you see if he is omnipotent (yes or no?) then he could micromanage the universe with no effort

and as to his plan, since, in the end, all he wants is glory, i think his plan might be a little self involved....

btw LOTR rocks!
He does not seek glory, he already has that. What he seeks is infitite and perfect communication and communion with all of mankind. To the point where he would remove those who constantly reject him from his presence forever.

mophead

HSC
Fine line between religion and god

yeah god scales like crap in the HSC

And he does so seek glory, dammit now i have to look up the bible to prove you wrong!

zstar

HSC
N/A
We could sit here and debate the existence of God forever but nobody knows what's in the afterlife.

A greater question I would like to know is what is God?

undalay

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
too long, took about 10 minutes for the full argument to come out. can't remember it all either.
well fuck, I'm just sitting here unsatisfied ) :

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
He does not seek glory, he already has that. What he seeks is infitite and perfect communication and communion with all of mankind. To the point where he would remove those who constantly reject him from his presence forever.
How presumptuous of you.

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
I'm not completely qualified to argue this with you either. I'm still only a 17 year old school student, who follows a religion that has difficult answers to difficult questions, in a society that teaches the points that reject God in it's schools. This is the delemma of many christians, and whyt so many of them become discouraged.
You should probably take these arguments up with someone who has been a christian longer than I have been, who has studied in depth the bible (possibly gone to a bible college), and it's arguments concerning your points.
I am inexperianced, as are many younger people, and will naturally not be able to answer every question you pose to me (to my regret).

Fr33Lanc3r

Knight of Dros Delnoch
HSC
zstar said:
We could sit here and debate the existence of God forever but nobody knows what's in the afterlife.

A greater question I would like to know is what is God?
That is a better argument to be discussing.

mophead

HSC
You know if he wants the commuincation he can actually talk to us rahter than putting us in a position where we can debate about his existance

if you mate didnt talk to you in over 2000 years would you still be friends with him?
i dont think so
but thats immaterial to his existance or not....

as to the what is god question....i know i know!!!
a lie :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
I am inexperianced, as are many younger people, and will naturally not be able to answer every question you pose to me (to my regret).
In which case, it is absolutely fallacious of you to say something "is" or "isn't" (i.e. 'there is no substantiated proof for evolution') with utterly ignorant conviction when you don't know what you are talking about. Being young and inexperienced is no defence when you spout utter nonsense and claim it as correct in an argument.

mophead

HSC
AHA i found something!

1 cornithians 21 whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do at all, do it for the glory of god!

annnnnd

Isiah 48:11 for my sake and only my sake have i acted- is my name to be profaned?
never will i yield my glory to another

He does only seek his Glory! some all good and all loving being! all loving to himself maybe and selfishness is the root of all evil!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
mophead said:
time is infinte, earths timeline, not so much,
and you, like so many others, fail to grasp concept of infinit. as in without end.
the gods of the three monotheisms and more besides are all supposed to be inifinte as opposed to everything else.
Unless you're a steady statist, Time isn't infinite.

Gay Captain

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
There is a distinct difference between atheists and agnostics.

Atheists beleive that there is no God or higher power controling the universe.
Agnostics are undecided on the matter (I.E. There may be a God, but there may not be.)

Also, I've got an Agnostic friend, and he really hates both sides of the argument. He told me to say that neither of us have any room to consider the other's arguments.

So i'm considering.
It is also thought amongst radical christian circles that God may have used evolution as a way to create the life on the planet. It is also generally agreed that there was something before the big bang. Most christians believe the big bang was a result of God saying 'Let there be light'. I agree, it was probably a very large noise when God spoke.

I dissagree with this. A theory is simply a Hypothesis that has been generally accepted by the scientific community as a possible way of thinking about a particular problem. Also, there has been no conclusive evidence that suggests anything on this earth has been a product of evolution.

Here are some links

http://www.straight-talk.net/evolution/arguments.shtml
http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/evoluwrong.html
http://www.trueorigin.org/isakrbtl.asp
http://www.frankcaw.com/science.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080323165448AA8yZal

there are many more links (just google it) with evidence on both sides. But it cannot be ignored that there is no fundamental scientific proof the evolution is the way that life on this planet originated.
did you just cite yahoo answers?

nikolas

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
Conclusive, experimental evidence.
No-one has witnessed evolution in progress, fossils have not proven anything conclusive thus far, and there are no other methods that have been clearly defined to me.
I suggest you read about Richard Lenksi's (spelling?) Bacteria experiment.

nikolas

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
Well does sort of want every one to worship him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)