Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Hajime

HSC
EbonyTW said:
Dear God,

Your son, the Lord Jesus Christ, has been absent once again for going on near 770 000 days. I fear that his persistent truancy will result in him receiving a zero for his attendance and participation marks this term (your last letter explaining his participation by proxy abstraction of being "in our hearts" does not constitute either concrete attendance or tangible participation). His covenant with me to return to class has not yet occurred, although it has been promised each day for the last 770 000 odd days ever since he went on our field trip to Calvary to visit the anthropology museum of Golgotha. I have no choice now but seriously to recommend either remedial instruction or that he is held back this year yet again. His proposed final term project, "the Golden Kingdom and the defeat of all evil" is still late, and frankly I am becoming increasingly impatient with his lack of effort. Even one of our other problematic students, the Whore of Babylon, has been able at least to show positive signs of her project entering into the beginning phases.
LOL! That's hilarious!

Hajime

HSC

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
pinkyforce7 said:
i vote catholic traditions are to blame here. most churches let their priests and shit have wives. cathlics dont. thats my opinion.
You're right there. Men are not biologically made to survive a life in celibacy. Older they get, the less they have to lose and more frustrated they become.

pinkyforce7

HSC
yeah, i think alot of this kind of thing comes down to human flaws. sure you can blame this entity called 'God' but really in the end its the actions of humans that take something good and turn it into something else. I think many religions are beneficial for our society. Christianity, Buddhism, Islam etc. - you name them, if followed correctly foster a peaceful society. of course any religion can be taken to extremes and this is when we see the problems arrise. we got extremist terrorist bombers blowing up people for islam and christians discriminating the homosexual community and much much worse than that. you can say that religion is the cause of all 'evil' but thats not really true. just go to 4chan and see people who dont follow any rules - every side is pretty terrible.

anyone care to rip my statements to shreds?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I just have two complaints.

pinkyforce7 said:
I think many religions are beneficial for our society. Christianity, Buddhism, Islam etc. - you name them, if followed correctly foster a peaceful society. of course any religion can be taken to extremes and this is when we see the problems arise.
Religion is only beneficial if the individual desires it to be. Same as how it is 'evil' only if the individual desires it to be. So really, religion has no absolute position or value to society and it's relative value depends upon the individual involved with it and upon the individual observing it.

yeah, i think alot of this kind of thing comes down to human flaws. sure you can blame this entity called 'God' but really in the end its the actions of humans that take something good and turn it into something else.
Any religion that suppresses or beats down natural human emotions and instincts for an unclear purpose is obviously to blame for the negative results of this suppression. So yes, God isn't to blame, but his fan club as a whole is. Religion causes these problems, not just 'human flaws'.

bexjasfarz

HSC
I agree.
Individualism is a really big thing nowadays.
Consequently, if people were to completely turn away from God, due to their "individualism", its kind of resorting to the idea of "its my life", "God gave me this life to live how I want it".

I can't blame people who are against religion, maybe they had a bad experience with it and I'm not christian or catholic myself, but I certainly don't cause discrepancies about religion because, everyone has their own say. Furthermore, its frankly, quite unfair and disrespectful to digress against someone else and their passion and devotion to their beliefs.

To believe/not believe in God is one thing, but again, to appreciate him and accept him as this almighty entity is another and really, that's where complete devotion to the church and what not, play a crucial role in interweaving the concept of "discrepancy of religion" into the crux of the studies of religion. I studied this kind of debate in Extension History and English so I have a fair idea of the things that people can fall upon to make their pet theories and ideas come to life in their mind. It's really scary as well from what I've read and really again, it's up to you yourself, whether to believe in God's existence.

Sorry, I was just looking around and this came up and I had a read. It was really interesting to see how people reacted of different backgrounds.

=D

pinkyforce7

HSC
moll. said:
I just have two complaints.

Religion is only beneficial if the individual desires it to be. Same as how it is 'evil' only if the individual desires it to be. So really, religion has no absolute position or value to society and it's relative value depends upon the individual involved with it and upon the individual observing it.

Any religion that suppresses or beats down natural human emotions and instincts for an unclear purpose is obviously to blame for the negative results of this suppression. So yes, God isn't to blame, but his fan club as a whole is. Religion causes these problems, not just 'human flaws'.
i bassically agree. i was saying however, that many religious groups do things that benefit the rest of society in general. such as raising money for charity and providing education programs and such. even in my own town, there is the salvation army that provides clothes for the poor, the soup kitchen which provides homeless people with free food. even the mormon church up here has its family history centre open for public use and accomodates studies in education for the aged, free. all these religious organisations are doing good things. its a shame when they are the cause of negative impacts however. this is just my opinion as an agnostic.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
pinkyforce7 said:
i vote catholic traditions are to blame here. most churches let their priests and shit have wives. cathlics dont. thats my opinion.
fail

the incidence of pedophilia among catholic priests isn't rly any higher than the average population

the scandals come from the church's treatment of the incidents

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
fail

the incidence of pedophilia among catholic priests isn't rly any higher than the average population

the scandals come from the church's treatment of the incidents
Cos the Church believes that people keep "dwelling grumpily on past wounds"?
Rofl at that Bishop.

baabaalinda

HSC
I believe that God exist differently for everyone...sometimes its your subconsciousness the thing you talk to but you believe no one's listening - i believe God is listening and that he is everywhere.

Kaanzi

HSC
god cannot be proven, its as simple as that, its called faith...the whole point is that you place your heeart with something you cant physically see..dont bother trying to prove it or disprove it becaause if god could be proved than religion woudnt exist cuz it conflicts with faith, its that clear. Most ppl dont believe in god cuz they cant accept that something is greater than them, pure arrogance i say, they just follow arguements proposed by ppl who think they know wat theyre talkin about but have never delved into any religion or as such. Amen

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Kaanzi said:
god cannot be proven, its as simple as that, its called faith...the whole point is that you place your heeart with something you cant physically see..dont bother trying to prove it or disprove it becaause if god could be proved than religion woudnt exist cuz it conflicts with faith, its that clear. Most ppl dont believe in god cuz they cant accept that something is greater than them, pure arrogance i say, they just follow arguements proposed by ppl who think they know wat theyre talkin about but have never delved into any religion or as such. Amen
No, you're the arrogant fuck for assuming others have not done their research. Many of us have done alot of research, into more than one religion and we probably have attempted to 'search' for God. But with the evidence presented, there is no rational reason as to believe in God rather than it being 'advantageous' in doing so.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Kaanzi said:
Rofl.
As opposed to it being completely devoid of arrogance to believe that you were personally "chosen" by a magical being to serve a higher purpose in life, rather than just die like the rest of the animals? That is pure arrogance.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Kaanzi said:
What's the point of faith if it's not true?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
what is faith but hope that there is a point?
*true

nomese23

HSC
baabaalinda said:
I believe that God exist differently for everyone...sometimes its your subconsciousness the thing you talk to but you believe no one's listening - i believe God is listening and that he is everywhere.
Agreed, I believe God exists and is a Saviour for many

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)