• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Re: Christianity vs. Paganism

The whole religion of Paganism.The worship of gods such as venus and the belief in nature as a deity.
Fuck!
I accidnetally gave him positive rep!
Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!

sharksrule92

HSC
If he exists, why does he let horrible things like children being raped, murdered, and other unspeakable tragedies occur ?

Im 100% atheist because i dont know why we should beleive it when there's no proof, apart from a bias book..

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
If he exists, why does he let horrible things like children being raped, murdered, and other unspeakable tragedies occur ?

Im 100% atheist because i dont know why we should beleive it when there's no proof, apart from a bias book..
inb4freewill

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

Then you're an idiot. Even Dawkins himself, the spawn of Satan and a constant thorn in the side of theists and deists alike, doesn't dare go as far to say he is without doubt.

Tangent

HSC
but if there is no such thing as existence, then there is no such thing as god, so it is relevant (sort of)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Create new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hahahahaha Kwayera why did you get rid of my calling him gay?!

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
lol.
So we're allowed to swear at each other and call each other cunts and anything else, except if we call each other gay?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
If someone complains about it, I will remove it, unless I deem it harmless.

:)

HalcyonSky

HSC
Then you're an idiot. Even Dawkins himself, the spawn of Satan and a constant thorn in the side of theists and deists alike, doesn't dare go as far to say he is without doubt.
well, he is generally against the agnostic position and encourages a purely atheist perspective

where does he say he has doubt?

Sarks

HSC
The existance of God cannot be proven either way, it is impossible no matter what the arguments are.
It is a matter of faith and noone should ever be judged about thier beliefs.

As a student at a catholic school yet a firm believer that God DOES NOT exist, i have learned that religion does not have any significance in my life.
My friends and family accept that, and i accept their faith.

Thats the way it should work. There should be no arguments because it is just pointless and can never be resolved. Denying God or trying to prove God exists, causes more arguments rather than solving any. :)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
"I think, therefore I am" ~Descartes

Beyond that there are no certainties.
From http://koti.mbnet.fi/amindra/descart1.htm

The philosopher Descartes believed that he had found the most fundamental truth when he made his famous statement: "I think, therefore I am." He had, in fact, given expression to the most basic error: to equate thinking with Being and identity with thinking. - Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now, 1999

Descartes was wrong when he said ... I think, therefore I am. It is never bare thought or bare existence that we are aware of. I find myself rather as essentially a unity of emotions, of enjoyment of hopes, of fears, of regrets, evaluations of alternatives, decisions - all of these are subjective reactions to my environment as I am active in my nature. My unity which is Descartes I am is my process of shaping this welter of material into a consistent pattern of feelings. - Alfred North Whitehead

Certainly another perspective...

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
The existance of God cannot be proven either way, it is impossible no matter what the arguments are.
It is a matter of faith and noone should ever be judged about thier beliefs.

As a student at a catholic school yet a firm believer that God DOES NOT exist, i have learned that religion does not have any significance in my life.
My friends and family accept that, and i accept their faith.

Thats the way it should work. There should be no arguments because it is just pointless and can never be resolved. Denying God or trying to prove God exists, causes more arguments rather than solving any. :)
That's true from a perfect libertarian standpoint. But what about when other's beliefs are imposed (with force might I add) on other's liberty, most commonly through non-secular laws?

Then I believe we are free to criticise such a belief's validity in enforcing restrictions upon humanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)