Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Lukybear

HSC
prove that there is no tangible proof for reality!
LOL. Serisouly, the onus is on you to prove reality.

But neverthe less, you cant prove reality because its a concept that we cannot grasp and define properly.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
b) Again, there isnt a true answer for this. But for me, and i cannot represent others out here, I feel His presence, and I've changed dramatically since I believed. It is amazingly wonderful, to believe in God the Christian God. Because of this feeling, intuition, I believe.
How do you know it's not Tezcatlipoca? Ixchel? Re-Horakhty? How do you know that it's not just your mind playing tricks on you?

Last edited:

Lukybear

HSC
How do you know it's not Tezcatlipoca? Ixchel? Re-Horakhty? How do you know that it's not just your mind playing tricks with you?
Well... How do you know that it's not a super computer that has created fictious world, and your only binary codes. How do you know this world is real? Do you actually care?

I think our answers would be similar. So humour me.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Well... How do you know that it's not a super computer that has created fictious world, and your only binary codes. How do you know this world is real? Do you actually care?

hahaha why answer a question with another question?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

If it is a virtual reality? I wouldn't really care. It doesn't have any bearing on my life; it doesn't affect me or anyone else; I can't prove it either way. Just like if there is a god, I wouldn't really care, as it doesn't affect me, doesn't have any bearing on my life and I can't prove it either way.

I don't waste time on things I necessarily will never be able to perceive as real, be that the "reality" of our reality being virtual, or the existence of god/gods/celestial teapots.

Also, you didn't answer my question. I answered yours; fair's fair.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol how could the question of God have no bearing on your life? Your eternal life?
If you knew that you were created for a purpose, how would this not impact your goals and methods of achieving them?
Ur dumb Kwayera:eek:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lol how could the question of God have no bearing on your life? Your eternal life?
If you knew that you were created for a purpose, how would this not impact your goals and methods of achieving them?
Ur dumb Kwayera:eek:
Because I would continue to live my life as I am now. I wouldn't do anything differently. What would I do differently?

Existence of a "god" != "eternal life".

tycho

HSC
If you knew, it would have an impact. But you don't know, and you can't prove it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That's a dumb thing to say
Be less dumb pls

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Here's some food for thought: I profoundly believe that 'God' = that little internal voice we have inside our head. Now, for many it has become socially acceptable to call it "God" (mostly due to its prolonged use through history). This is the "presence" you feel. Remember the human mind is extremely susceptible to hallucinations. We all "hear" this voice, or on the rare occassion see things sometimes. But not all of us want to give that voice a name, nether lone guide our lives by it. Ironically, the people who name it "God" are accepted and simply called 'religious people'. The people that name it Bob, Sally or Amy are labelled "schitzo's" or in the oddity "possessed" and subsequently "exorcised" by these "religious people". Oh the madness us Atheist's witness!

Edit: Prayer= Self Affirmations. Anyone who felt their 'prayer' was answered simply started the next day acting through better intentions. They had that little thing called 'Motivation'. No different to leaving a Tony Robbin's seminar or reading a self-help book. If you tell yourself something enough (take- "I want to be more confident etc) every morning and BELIEVE this will be 'aiding' you, that empower's your actions, lowers your insecurities and in the process allows you to achieve what you asked for- all through your own will, not a supernatural entity! God takes too much credit for people's success!!!

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Interesting idea. I think a more scientifically interesting one would be (and this is something I have pulled entirely from my arse, so no sources here) the idea of a "god" being required by our brains as a metaphysical explanation for our consciousness, or sentience, or whatever you want to call it - the echo of self-awareness, ascribed with a name and a nature by those desperate to understand the full consequence of sentience.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yer, I dont know how you atheists do it

Youre so wise. Like miniture buddhas or something.
How do you find the strength to reject superstition and find the power to aquire the scientific knowledge that explains everything?? My unevolved voodoo mind cannot comprehend this. I'm just in awe in the way you can all, you know, rule straight lines and cut to the core of things - sort things out mechanically, efficiently and move on to other things - constantly improving your understanding and building that tower closer and closer to the heavens, ready to unleash your armies upon the clouds and destroy all lingering cave-men fantasy about any supposedly higher or greater being.
HAR
/OOGA BOOGA

Lukybear

HSC
If it is a virtual reality? I wouldn't really care. It doesn't have any bearing on my life; it doesn't affect me or anyone else; I can't prove it either way. Just like if there is a god, I wouldn't really care, as it doesn't affect me, doesn't have any bearing on my life and I can't prove it either way.

I don't waste time on things I necessarily will never be able to perceive as real, be that the "reality" of our reality being virtual, or the existence of god/gods/celestial teapots.

Also, you didn't answer my question. I answered yours; fair's fair.

Chillax. Fair is fair.

Well look at it this way. If its truly some pyschological effect of the mind, (but its not), the notion of God has made me a better person. Its changed me dramatically. I am having a better life now, either way, I win. But just to reaffirm, God EXISTS.

It would be hypothetical for me to not ackowledge that one cannot proof or disprove God, since i've been pushing this for a while now. Its just like you said, i wouldnt care. I would just continue my faith and trying to serve the Lord.

Secondly, you said you didnt want to consider the inperceptable. I understand that, its not a unfamiliar feeling. But how do you know that God cannot be percieved as "real" by your definition. Have you tried? Have you tried harder?

Perhaps we could offer you the chance.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Yer, I dont know how you atheists do it

Youre so wise. Like miniture buddhas or something.
How do you find the strength to reject superstition and find the power to aquire the scientific knowledge that explains everything?? My unevolved voodoo mind cannot comprehend this. I'm just in awe in the way you can all, you know, rule straight lines and cut to the core of things - sort things out mechanically, efficiently and move on to other things - constantly improving your understanding and building that tower closer and closer to the heavens, ready to unleash your armies upon the clouds and destroy all lingering cave-men fantasy about any supposedly higher or greater being.
HAR
/OOGA BOOGA
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD
I JUST HAD A BRAIN EXPLOSION.
Your reference to the Tower of Babel here was about to get a response from me along the lines of "well we have higher skyscrapers now, why hasn't God struck them down yet, like he did with the Tower?" And then I thought about the world's tallest buildings. Get this:
9/11 = Hand of God.
Economic downturn suspending construction of uber tower in Dubai = Hand of God.
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.
Hence, Osama bin Laden = Hand of God.
Hence, Islam is the path and the light.
I have winnah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)