• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
?Moll is pretty bright luky. You just sound patronising when you tell him to visit a Church. I doubt that he would learn much 'intellectual' or relevant to debating the topic.
There must be a great thawing of evil's hold first. The benifits are purely spiritual

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I dont think so. Going to church and being exposed to scripture dosent make children automatically christians. It just give them the perspective of Christianity. Their not actually Christians until they can declear their own faith. However i dont disagree, that there is a certain level of bias for these children.

Yet again, i dont doubt that some of these children who's parents have decleared their faiths, dont actually have faith, i.e. dont even know or care what is going on. Many needs maturing.

Its good that we are agreeing for once.
I was referring to the part where you said: 'Ok, your born into our family, your going to become a Christian'. That's exactly what parents are saying, regardless of whatever the child thinks or whether they are actually Christian or not (most of whom aren't and have little conceptual idea of God or Jesus beyond 'he's a good guy who will send you to HAVENNNNN').

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Many people change, perhaps not at our age (>20) as we are ignorant, but when they are much more wiser and older. Take my church for example, countless of new "converts" of around 20-30 become new Christians all the time.

I urge you moll. to vist a church, if not to listen to their all wise knowledge, you to gain some extra information about Christianity, and perhaps use it to argue against Iron, or even me in such threads.
lol.
I've been to church. I did not learn a thing about Christianity. The sermons were wishy-washy crap about love and community, something which could just as easily been spouted by an imam, rabbi or even an atheist. The audience didn't even speak of their faith or beliefs, and instead were more concerned with discussing everyday life with me. The only difference to real life that I saw were the forced and continuous smiles and the eerily excessive kindness.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
By the way Luky, I should also note that until you go to an atheist or skeptics convention then you aren't really qualified to argue with me either. So you should go, if not to listen to all their wise knowledge, then to gain some extra information about atheism and skepticism, and perhaps use it to argue against Parlabane, or even me in such threads.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
By the way Luky, I should also note that until you go to an atheist or skeptics convention then you aren't really qualified to argue with me either. So you should go, if not to listen to all their wise knowledge, then to gain some extra information about atheism and skepticism, and perhaps use it to argue against Parlabane, or even me in such threads.
There are atheist conventions?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
If there are toilet cleaner and servicer conventions, then there sure as hell are atheist convetions. At the very least there are meetings and societies he could go to.

Deathwatch

HSC
It seems new BOS members have resorted to highly 'intelligent' retorts and insults.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It was the largest Anglican church in my former district. The congregation consisted of about 200 people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)