Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

aimee935

HSC
you pray you thank him for all he has given you. You guidance when your faced with problems. You ask that your friends be forgiven for whatever sins they may commit. You can mock it call it stupid or whatever else there will always be people who believe in god and it doesnt matter what you do or say your wrong :) thats all

bella4edward

HSC
Believers don't only pray to communicate with him. They pray as an act of worshipping him.

and yes prayer is a form of communication to their God, but he replies in various forms, which can never be understood by atheists - as they would want SCIENCE and LOGIC to provide answers along with evidence

and religion does not need to be proved, no evidence is needed for religion.
or else religion wont be religion .. if it had evidence, itd be factual.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Believers don't only pray to communicate with him. They pray as an act of worshipping him.

and yes prayer is a form of communication to their God, but he replies in various forms, which can never be understood by atheists - as they would want SCIENCE and LOGIC to provide answers along with evidence

if it has no facts, how is it practical?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

elaborate and examples please kind sir. and let me ask you, what is it that makes you not believe in santa clause, allah, jehova, the egyptian gods, harry potter-esque magic, etc

HSC
Uni Grad
If he exists why would he be sittin up there with his troll face on lolin at the atheists instead of taken a casual mosey on down to earth and droppin in to sayin g'day?

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
If i can say anything here, its that religious people have no right to claim the existence of god. I'm sorry, but you can't prove that your god exists, simply because of words that have been written in a book. Those words = written by humans. Faith is not an argument, on the basis that faith doesnt require reasoning. Arguments that are rational, require reasoning. Faith, requires nothing. You have faith that a book is the word of God. That book tells you god exists. Therefore, you believe in God. Without proof that the book truely is the word of 'God', your argument has a gaping hole.

'"He is the One GOD; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, Most Wise." (Quran, 59:24 )'

'Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.' Translation / quote n° 4097 : Torah, Judaism
Source : Deuteronomy 6.4

So, in conclusion;

The Christians, Jews and Muslims, who all believe in their own, one God, are unintentionally trying to disprove the other. And, by what logic? The logic that their faith, is somehow more justified than someone else's. You cannot prove that your God exists, with or without your religious text. Get off BOS.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
as i said, religion doesnt need facts. it doesnt need to be proven. its based on pure faith, which is why it cannot be understood by atheists.
But don't avoid the question, how does religion have any practical purpose?

bella4edward

HSC
elaborate and examples please kind sir. and let me ask you, what is it that makes you not believe in santa clause, allah, jehova, the egyptian gods, harry potter-esque magic, etc
santa clause

haha

i wont reveal my religion to you, because then you will start attackin my religion, and if it has a holy text, you will attack that too.

i dont want to hear any of it.

so as far as this thread is concerned , i am a religious believer in God.

similarly, may i ask you why you do not beleive in religion? because it has no evidence and logic behind it? because science FAILS to prove it?

i mean, science cant prove emotions, it cant prove feelings

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
santa clause

haha

i wont reveal my religion to you, because then you will start attackin my religion, and if it has a holy text, you will attack that too.

similarly, may i ask you why you do not beleive in religion? because it has no evidence and logic behind it? because science FAILS to prove it?

imbecile you ignored my post.

i shall ask you again.

what gives your god privilege in your mind over other gods.

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
santa clause

haha

No evidence. No logic. Emotions can be proven, chemicals produce in the brain when certain emotions arise. Wrong. Yes. Science, and every believer cannot justify themselves outside of 'I dont use logic, rather, faith, to explain myself'.

bella4edward

HSC
If i can say anything here, its that religious people have no right to claim the existence of god. I'm sorry, but you can't prove that your god exists, simply because of words that have been written in a book. Those words = written by humans. Faith is not an argument, on the basis that faith doesnt require reasoning. Arguments that are rational, require reasoning. Faith, requires nothing. You have faith that a book is the word of God. That book tells you god exists. Therefore, you believe in God. Without proof that the book truely is the word of 'God', your argument has a gaping hole.

'"He is the One GOD; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, Most Wise." (Quran, 59:24 )'

'Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.' Translation / quote n° 4097 : Torah, Judaism
Source : Deuteronomy 6.4

So, in conclusion;

The Christians, Jews and Muslims, who all believe in their own, one God, are unintentionally trying to disprove the other. And, by what logic? The logic that their faith, is somehow more justified than someone else's. You cannot prove that your God exists, with or without your religious text. Get off BOS.
Firstly, no your gettign it wrong. these ppl arent trying to prove the faiths of otehrs wrong. they beleive ni what they want to beleive and they choose to beleive in it.

logic, evidence, proof, schience - thats all u gusy wants

we dnt want to prove that our God exists. its our choice to believe in Him. we dnt care if u dnt beleive in it. all we want is u to respect it.

we respect taht u guys dnt have any faith or belief in anythin dat science fails to prove, all we ask in return is to respect our beliefs.

we want peace

n then uz blame us for da chaos today?

wen its ur own fault that uz fail to respect the beliefs of others.

Titburger

HSC
Oh no, I believe things exist, what I'm saying is that there are things beyond science and logic, materialism exists, but so does immaterialism, which is beyond science and logic. Just becuase we cannot perceive something with science and logic, it does not mean we cannot conceive it with the immaterial mind.
Read Aristotle's 'Physics'

Physics (Aristotle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All we should care about is the scientific method - to concede the point that there are things that science and logic cannot and will not explain, is a foolish philosophy which impedes progress.

Titburger

HSC
Firstly, no your gettign it wrong. these ppl arent trying to prove the faiths of otehrs wrong. they beleive ni what they want to beleive and they choose to beleive in it.

logic, evidence, proof, schience - thats all u gusy wants

we dnt want to prove that our God exists. its our choice to believe in Him. we dnt care if u dnt beleive in it. all we want is u to respect it.

we respect taht u guys dnt have any faith or belief in anythin dat science fails to prove, all we ask in return is to respect our beliefs.

we want peace

n then uz blame us for da chaos today?

wen its ur own fault that uz fail to respect the beliefs of others.

bella4edward

HSC
you bet your ass!

God gave us logic, but clearly not enough to prove his existence.........
u shldnt use that tone, when u dnt believe in the existence of God.

whether ur being sarcastic is not the point here, but even for an argument such as urs, dnt even mention God as it makes ur entire argumetn pathetic.

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
Religious people (well, those like the commenters above)

GTFO BOS. Your circular reasoning is just so flawed! It's infinitely frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)