Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

bella4edward

HSC
No evidence. No logic. Emotions can be proven, chemicals produce in the brain when certain emotions arise. Wrong. Yes. Science, and every believer cannot justify themselves outside of 'I dont use logic, rather, faith, to explain myself'.
thats wat ive been saying

religion does not need justificaiton

for it does not force itsefl on people

peopel choose to follow it

so dnt ask for logical explanations, science, evidence, etc for religion.

becoz if everythign in a religion could be proven, it would be a fact. hence not a religion.

infactm if science could prove religion then thered be no such thing as religion.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Read Aristotle's 'Physics'

Physics (Aristotle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All we should care about is the scientific method - to concede the point that there are things that science and logic cannot and will not explain, is a foolish philosophy which impedes progress.
The philosophy of Aristotle is completely outdated. It has been deconstructed entirely and it's flaws have been revealed countless times. That of Voltaire, Berkely, Hume and Kant are far more relevant. These philosophers all concede that the scientific method is the limit to knowledge.

A philosophy that 'impedes' progress is not necessarily false. Furthermore, such a philosophy does not in fact impede progress but gives us a greater udnerstanding of where and ultimately why we are progressing.

bella4edward

HSC
Religious people (well, those like the commenters above)

GTFO BOS. Your circular reasoning is just so flawed! It's infinitely frustrating.
Excuse me? I'm not providing reasoning for my faith. im saying it doesnt need reasoning.

plus, wtf? BOS is about academic stuff

not religion

so why should i get the fk out of here?

Titburger

HSC

becoz if everythign in a religion could be proven, it would be a fact. hence not a religion.

infactm if science could prove religion then thered be no such thing as religion.
I don't want to be too harsh because I think you might actually be retarded. You're in the wrong thread then buddy

bella4edward

HSC
I don't want to be too harsh because I think you might actually be retarded. You're in the wrong thread then buddy
ok so this thread is about facts taht god exists.

if those who say he exists, thsoe who dnt believe ask for evidence

purely insanse.

science is not the answer to everything. logic is not the answer to everything. not everything has to be proven to be believed.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

what do you think if i made up a religion? would it be legitimate in your eyes?

Titburger

HSC
The philosophy of Aristotle is completely outdated. It has been deconstructed entirely and it's flaws have been revealed countless times. That of Voltaire, Berkely, Hume and Kant are far more relevant. These philosophers all concede that the scientific method is the limit to knowledge.

A philosophy that 'impedes' progress is not necessarily false. Furthermore, such a philosophy does not in fact impede progress but gives us a greater udnerstanding of where and ultimately why we are progressing.
But I don't understand you're obsession with things that are outside of our understanding. What basis do you make this assumption with?
"Oh well there has to be because it would be cool if there was"
I'm not denying that there is more than meets the eye with the universe (quantum mechanics is discovering some pretty cool shit), but I'm not claiming it as fact that our logic and scientific method is flawed.

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
ok so this thread is about facts taht god exists.

if those who say he exists, thsoe who dnt believe ask for evidence

purely insanse.

science is not the answer to everything. logic is not the answer to everything. not everything has to be proven to be believed.
you must have a mental disorder. that didnt even make sense. OH BUT DW GUYS, RELIGION DOESNT HAVE TO MAKE SENSE. AHHH SO DW.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

mirakon

nigga
HSC
But I don't understand you're obsession with things that are outside of our understanding. What basis do you make this assumption with?
"Oh well there has to be because it would be cool if there was"
I'm not denying that there is more than meets the eye with the universe (quantum mechanics is discovering some pretty cool shit), but I'm not claiming it as fact that our logic and scientific method is flawed.
'Critique of Pure Reason' by Immanuel Kant

Essentially using pure reason in arguments is flawed. I recommend you read it. Essentially it theorises that as logic and science cannot give all the answers there must be something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)