Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Scorch

HSC
This is such a useless argument. No one can prove God exists, and no one can prove God doesn't exist. Why bother trying.
Depends. We can say with scientific certainty that the Bible is wrong on countless fronts. This goes a long way to showing logically that their God doesn't exist.

"God" as a subject is touchy. However it is absolutely no coincidence that the less ridiculous notions and ideas of God (more vague, less personal ideologies of a creator) become, the more they absolutely tend to pull away from any religious ideology.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
gay and i have nothing against them. Whilst it is a sin god is forgiving man.
Oh piss off. Homosexuality as we know it didn't even exist back then.

No problems.

Sorry, but after reading this sentence, you have HIV.
Whuuut?
Spread of STDs amongst lesbians is like so minimal... So not likely...

mirakon sorry but i have to rebut

You really shouldn't be quoting the bible your making yourself look like the biggest idiot in the world. Read the new testimate and then we can argue some more.
The new testimate? You mean the New Testament? Yes, I've read it several times. I've done in depth studies on those clobber passages. They don't talk about loving, consensual gay relationships, they talk about pederasty. This is meant to go in the NCAP forum, btw.
Your spelling errors make you look like the biggest idiot in the world.

omg as previously stated if you ask for forgiveness it will be given! you cant just read certain bits of the bible and think you know it all!

and besides weren't you arguing that the bible can't be used as proof yet your stating it to support your argument? yeah your wrong bitch

Well if you can't pick and choose bits of the bible why aren't you stoning gays and adulterers? Owning slaves? Refusing to eat pork, bacon, rabbit and shrimp? Wearing clothes made of only one type of fabric? Eating kosher in general? Making sacrifices both animal and human?

Tsk, tsk.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."
Ezzactly.

Read Aristotle's 'Physics'

Physics (Aristotle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All we should care about is the scientific method - to concede the point that there are things that science and logic cannot and will not explain, is a foolish philosophy which impedes progress.
You get better every day Titburger :)

please show us some courtesy by using proper words thanks.

here's something to get you started:

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
Ultimate.

trickx

HSC
if i had proof that he existed i would show you for now i have my faith :) good try though maybe one day you will come up with an argument that makes sense.
Yeh nice arguing with you sweetie. Off to bed now :)

777HYBRID777

HSC
Prove that the zeus, xenu, ra, allah etc. doesn't exist.
They are just appellations to a idea - different names; same idea

The very fact that we in a 21st century globalised world means that there are so many notions that we can acknowledge - but never understand, unless we live a lifetime under each belief and asses which has brought 'more' personal and communal happiness - we can never say one is proper to live by and another is not.

I am not ignoring all the facts (e.g Steven Hawkings thesis vs the individuals experience) although in the end it does not really matter if we are 'right' or 'wrong' in our beliefs as we only have one lifetime and we can never know.

though i find it ironic that man who lives a life of serving other people, with little to no material possessions can be the happiest among men (and wo-man)

the philosophies and ethics which have been brought from religion should not be limited with stupid comments about 'bringing the death of God', as there is a reason (some of) the 10 commandments have been adopted as worldwide law

I am NOT saying live life in ignorant bliss - but it is just something to consider before judging anyone else’s beliefs

there is one piece of hard evidence that we can all see right in front of us - 1036 pages in this forum and still no conclusion...

Scorch

HSC
the philosophies and ethics which have been brought from religion should not be limited with stupid comments about 'bringing the death of God', as there is a reason (some of) the 10 commandments have been adopted as worldwide law
No. No. No. No. No.

The 10 commandments partially reflect an ideology of morality that was developed thousands of years before religion came about and reflect scientific and biological realities about humanity and its sociological nature.

Religion reflects these concepts sometimes, other times it is absolutely disgusting; at no point is it the origins of such concepts.

bazrah

HSC
"There is no reason to believe that God exists." That's the line atheists commit themselve to. Nothing more.

When someone makes a claim, it is up to them to prove that claim.

Don't be so stubborn.
Yes I know. The comment was only directed at Karl Marx who made the claim.

trickx

HSC
They are just appellations to a idea - different names; same idea

The very fact that we in a 21st century globalised world means that there are so many notions that we can acknowledge - but never understand, unless we live a lifetime under each belief and asses which has brought 'more' personal and communal happiness - we can never say one is proper to live by and another is not.

I am not ignoring all the facts (e.g Steven Hawkings thesis vs the individuals experience) although in the end it does not really matter if we are 'right' or 'wrong' in our beliefs as we only have one lifetime and we can never know.

though i find it ironic that man who lives a life of serving other people, with little to no material possessions can be the happiest among men (and wo-man)

I am NOT saying live life in ignorant bliss - but it is just something to consider before judging anyone else’s beliefs

there is one piece of hard evidence that we can all see right in front of us - 1036 pages in this forum and still no conclusion...
cool story bro.

Scorch

HSC
bazrah said:
Haha yeah every atheist won except for those who made claims like this "You have nothing, but a BLIND, ABSOLUTE BELIEF IN SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST, THAT YOU CANT PROVE EXISTS. THAT IS PROOF ENOUGH THAT WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN, DOES NOT EXIST." Unfortunately, by making an absolute claim about God's existence, those atheists brought a degree of burden of proof upon themselves. We are still waiting for this proof of God's non-existence to materialise.
To a point, this is absolutely fucking absurd. If this is the case then the burden of proof is on you to prove why Zeus, Apollo, Poseidon, Dionysus, Baal, Ra, Osiris, etc. etc. do not exist.

To say that something doesn't exist when there is a literal and absolute non-existence of evidence to suggest it does is not absurd; it is scientific.

Or do you think that the idea that unicorns do not exist must first be proven before accepted?

So you are literally unable to take a moral high road at all, because quite frankly you dismiss the same amount of Gods as I do based on the exact same reasoning minus one.

777HYBRID777

HSC
Thank you Scorch

The 10 commandments partially reflect an ideology of morality that was developed thousands of years before religion came about and reflect scientific and biological realities about humanity and its sociological nature.
It is evident that ancient societies/traditions such as Judaism, Islam and Shinto have lasted this long because of a)anti-anarchical ethics (to get this far) b)globalisation (to be prominent now)

so really what I am trying to say is that comments to limit the effect of religion should not so arrogantly be posted, as arrogance (on both sides) do not get anyone anywhere because as illustrated by Scorch - NOBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING

reflect an ideology of morality that was developed thousands of years before religion came about
as an extra note - not saying for definite.. but I have never heard of a prominent atheist ancient tradition - which if did, exist long enough for me to hear about. it would seriously intrigue me to see how one conducted

Last edited:

Scorch

HSC
It is evident that ancient societies/traditions such as Judaism, Islam and Shinto have lasted this long because of a)anti-anarchical ethics (to get this far) b)globalisation (to be prominent now)
Well, no. Their 'anti-anarchical ethics' are merely reflections. Religion is in no way the source of such ideas.

so really what I am trying to say is that comments to limit the effect of religion should not so arrogantly be posted, as arrogance (on both sides) do not get anyone anywhere because as illustrated by Scorch - NOBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING
Wow. Eloquently done, dude.

as an extra note - not saying for definite.. but I have never heard of a prominent atheist ancient tradition - which if did exist lasted long enough for me to hear about, it would seriously intrigue me to see how one conducted
Humanity as a species can be traced back 200,000 years. Complex human society goes back possibly 15,000-25,000 years but recent discoveries in Neolithic sites in southern France could push that as far back as 35,000 (and that is just in terms of writing and expression, not in terms of language as a whole, which is not traced so easily). Religion comes on the scene about 4,000 years ago.

It's called secularity.

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
I've had enough with these people.

Religious types. Ah!

'Religious tolerance is a dangerous thing' - Me.

There's no reasoning with these people.

777HYBRID777

HSC
Well, no. Their 'anti-anarchical ethics' are merely reflections. Religion is in no way the source of such ideas.

hmmm... im not compleatly sure that religion in NO way is the source of anti anarchy - you can not possibly say that such ancient religious beliefs as Shinto's nature is an embodyment of the Kami (deity) and DEEP respect for elders had absolutely NO impact on ani-anarchy.

The same could be applied for Judaism and Islam with some of their withstanding beliefs

777HYBRID777

HSC
But, more to the point. I wonder when, christians will be able to prove their god exists.
Let's summon him. Oh wait, we need faith. Pardon me.
Seriously? Im gonna go ahead and assume ur a complete athiest who ironically has had no education of any religious traditions and say - This nameless god may not be some dude in a white robe with a flowing white beard - but there is something in all of us which does materialise the message of his followers - go ahead and witness the thousands of acts of kindness and tell me what you think then, oh wait, pardon me - you are not omnipotent, so i guess you are left with whatever arrogance and discrimination your feeble mind can muster

*argh*

and as a wise man said once (Daron Malakian from System Of A Down)
"Science fails to recognize the single most
Potent element of human existence
letting the reigns go to the unfolding
Is faith, faith, faith, faith."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daron_Malakian

Last edited:

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
Not extreme.

A-theist

Without God.

Some, are with God. And so, the onus is on them to prove it's existence.

I am not disproving God's existence. I do not claim that there is 100%, no God.

If, those who are with god, cannot prove that their God exists, by my means, or, any means at all, it becomes harder for me to say, 'There is a God'.

Simple.

(It also, brings into much question, the validity of their entire religion, if they cannot prove God exists, to anyone but themselves).

And by prove, i mean 'The state of being convinced or persuaded by consideration of evidence.' :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)