Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Venetiad

HSC
I can't say for certain that he does or doesn't exist. If some rock hard evidence came out for a side, then it'd be easier.

If there is a god - who created him?
If there isn't - who created the world?

There are some things that we'll never know.
Interesting choice of words.

I say that shit happens and shit occured so we now swim in shit.

grammarye

HSC
You cannot disprove that God exists the same time you could prove it.
And no, science cannot either disprove or prove that God exists, so stuff it with the null hypothesis and probability.

**Just a thought. Grace. Perhaps you've heard of it? It's not the question of who created the universe and everything in it, it is about the fact that you are simply alive, even existing as another anonymity in the Internet, just because someone out there is enabling you to do so. God only knows why you aren't being sold to another person halfway around the world for a mere $10, why you haven't been born autistic, missing a leg or a heart, why you haven't died because some uncaring person decided not to heed road rules. You don't deserve what half of you were given, if you realise what 3/4 of the world live without. My conviction is that, if there is no God, no Big-guy-in-the-sky, and this world existed as is, where would you be?**

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
You cannot disprove that God exists the same time you could prove it.
And no, science cannot either disprove or prove that God exists, so stuff it with the null hypothesis and probability.

**Just a thought. Grace. Perhaps you've heard of it? It's not the question of who created the universe and everything in it, it is about the fact that you are simply alive, even existing as another anonymity in the Internet, just because someone out there is enabling you to do so. God only knows why you aren't being sold to another person halfway around the world for a mere $10, why you haven't been born autistic, missing a leg or a heart, why you haven't died because some uncaring person decided not to heed road rules. You don't deserve what half of you were given, if you realise what 3/4 of the world live without. My conviction is that, if there is no God, no Big-guy-in-the-sky, and this world existed as is, where would you be?**
What foul word jumbles leak from that jumbled jejune mind of yours. 'Science' does not 'prove' any theory, it may only support (i.e corroborate) or disqualify a theory. However this 'god' notion of yours doesn't even qualify as a bad theory, nor weak hypothesis, it is simply a lazy thoughthole dug by mental serfs. It falls below such inquiry as astrology in terms of the worth knowing. Keep digging, boy.

Venetiad

HSC
Impossible to say, Religion influenced quite a long period of time which limited the possibilities for Humanity. Anything, quite literally, could have happened to Humanity if God was never involved. Imagine if the world was discovered to be a globe much earlier, Science develops faster. Interesting possibilities.

jaylove

Banned
HSC
i believe god does exist :)

I say that everything has a creator which includes us :)

yeah true, we probably haven't seen God in our time, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

i respect people that are atheist, hek, i even have friends that are atheist. but im assuming this thread requires ones own thoughts towards the question so heres mine :)

hope no one got offended

If anyone can prove that there is no God and that we should all become atheists, then ill be happy to listen to the evidence :)

gesh17

HSC
N/A
All plausible arguments MoonlightSonata but I think its important to acknowledge that God does not necessarily have to be an actual celestial being or presence, but rather can represent an initiative which stems from either the individual's personal need for validation (i.e. justifying human existence) or moral convenience (i.e. a means in which one is not bound by the responsibility of goodness of burdened by the guilt of wrongdoing but ambiguously transcends moral rigidity and acts according to their interpretation of reality).

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
i believe god does exist :)

I say that everything has a creator which includes us :)

yeah true, we probably haven't seen God in our time, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

i respect people that are atheist, hek, i even have friends that are atheist. but im assuming this thread requires ones own thoughts towards the question so heres mine :)

hope no one got offended

If anyone can prove that there is no God and that we should all become atheists, then ill be happy to listen to the evidence :)

Well friend, it seems, we have come to another bump in the road.
Not everything has a creator. The universe is a great example. It is possible *The physical universe began not with a primordial Big Bang but with a monumental collision with another universe, a bold new theory suggests.* Now, its bold, but, it's just as bold as the God Theory. Now, you saying that 'If anyone can prove that there is no God and that we should all become atheists' is a arrogant, and flawed statement. Look back at it for a moment. 'If anyone can prove that there is no God'... Well, how about you actually provide evidence, for God.

The following pieces of evidence are not valid, as they are disproveable:

Watchmaker Theory
Creationism
Intelligent Design

And many more. Now, to say that you believe that everything has a creator... Well;

'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.'

Now, the Bible suggests that God is, and forever has been, eternal and present. But, wait, didn't you say that EVERYTHING has a creator? Then, therefore, what made God? Well, your statement looks a little like this:

Earth < Universe < God

But wait! If the universe is the most infinite and powerful spectrum we are aware of (not ruling out God), and it can be said that its creation is not nessicarily needed, just like God's, then, the current theory behind life is:

Earth < Universe

And because, as far as scientists (the people who made you aware of mars and venus) have found, the only proof we have so far is that:

Earth < Universe.

So, therefore, it is up to you to prove that:

Earth < Universe < God,

Or,

It will remain,

Earth < Universe.

Thanks.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
All plausible arguments MoonlightSonata but I think its important to acknowledge that God does not necessarily have to be an actual celestial being or presence, but rather can represent an initiative which stems from either the individual's personal need for validation (i.e. justifying human existence) or moral convenience (i.e. a means in which one is not bound by the responsibility of goodness of burdened by the guilt of wrongdoing but ambiguously transcends moral rigidity and acts according to their interpretation of reality).
Personal necessity does not imply fact/truth.

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
does exist.
universe was created through a big bang right? ok. non-believers in god will hence say that the big bang simply came out of nothing. now, theres something wrong with this. if the big bang...came out of NOTHING...why doesnt a big bang happen right now? or in the next minute. why has there only been ONE BIG BANG in the gazillion years that have gone past?

a god created that one big bang, and everything else that came with it.

amen. i love my god.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Then why hasn't another big bang happened? Or another one?

Surely God would love to see some universal-scale pyrotechnic shit go down.

chamelia

HSC
does exist.
universe was created through a big bang right? ok. non-believers in god will hence say that the big bang simply came out of nothing. now, theres something wrong with this. if the big bang...came out of NOTHING...why doesnt a big bang happen right now? or in the next minute. why has there only been ONE BIG BANG in the gazillion years that have gone past?

a god created that one big bang, and everything else that came with it.

amen. i love my god.
Had you a small amount of information on the big bang theory, you would realise it's occurrence was firstly a highly improbable event. The initial occurrence and it's improbability is what makes our existence so precious and it would be ignorant to consider a second occurrence in such a relatively small time frame.

You can attempt to reduce both the God and the atheist theory to the finest details. But, given the choice of an irreducible supernatural being who initial being has no theory, or the irreducible big bang theory, all stable minded men would know which was the more probable.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm Catholic.

But that's about it.

pman

Banned
HSC
Had you a small amount of information on the big bang theory, you would realise it's occurrence was firstly a highly improbable event. The initial occurrence and it's improbability is what makes our existence so precious and it would be ignorant to consider a second occurrence in such a relatively small time frame.

You can attempt to reduce both the God and the atheist theory to the finest details. But, given the choice of an irreducible supernatural being who initial being has no theory, or the irreducible big bang theory, all stable minded men would know which was the more probable.
there is actually a theory called the oscilation theory that states that the universe all ends up in black holes whick slowly pull themselves together, when they are all one, the singularity changes nature as it reaches a critical mass then explodes...process repeats itself indefinitly, i'm quite surprised the atheists haven't really picked up on this and hammered it into us, it states that the universe creating itself has a probability of 1 everytime, garanteed universe equals no need for god....

there are however some big scientific holes in the theory such as the fact that the universe is expanding at an ever constant rate..

I think i'll start a thread on that exact topic, the accelerating universe bit

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC

oh really? i didnt know that.
why was it highly improbable?

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
are you guys telling me that you would listen to this guy

instead of this guy

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
are you guys telling me that you would listen to this guy

instead of this guy

Bahahah! Funny picture. However, I think Stephen Hawking does believe in a GOD, but not a PERSONAL GOD.

I have his book right here next to me: "God Created The Integers - Stephen Hawking"-.

chamelia

HSC
Uh, Stephen Hawking does believe in God. And I believe had God been more than a fictional character he would believe in himself too. So your picture is funny, but completely incoherent. Once again thanking the gullible theists for their insightful and knowledgeable contributions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)