Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
what did the quran prove?
I have a pdf thats over 100 pages so idk if u'll be bothered reading it but I can just give small examples:

“And it is He who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all in an orbit are swimming.”
Qur’ān 21:33 (The Orbital Movement of the Sun and the Moonَ)

“...and We made from water every living thing?”
Qur’ān 21:30 (the Origin of Life in Water)

“And it is He who has released [simultaneously] the two seas, one fresh and sweet and one salty and bitter, and He placed between them a barrier and prohibiting partition.”
Qur’ān 25:53 (fresh + salt water cant mix)

"Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging [i.e., womb] Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh],and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh, then We developed him into another creation."
Qur’ān 23:13-14 (human embryonic development )

"And We have made the sky a well-protected canopy"
Qur’ān 21:32 (talking about the atmosphere)

“We sent down Iron with its great inherent strength and its many benefits for humankind”
Qur’ān 57:25 (iron is not natural to earth)

“And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander”
Qur’ān, 51:47 (universe is still expanding)

“Or [they are] like darknesses within an unfathomable sea which is covered by waves, upon which are waves, over which are clouds – darknesses, some of them upon others. When one puts out his hand [therein], he can hardly see it. And he to whom Allah has not granted light – for him there is no light”
Qur’ān, 24:40 (oceanographers have found that here are waves that take place internally in the oceans, below the surface of the water. Invisible to the human eye, these can only be detected through special equipment )

btw the Quran was revealed over 1400 years ago, and these things have only been covered recently, btw theres more but i havent read the whole Quran translation

nitto

HSC
I have a pdf thats over 100 pages so idk if u'll be bothered reading it but I can just give small examples:

“And it is He who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all in an orbit are swimming.”
Qur’ān 21:33 (The Orbital Movement of the Sun and the Moonَ)

“...and We made from water every living thing?”
Qur’ān 21:30 (the Origin of Life in Water)

“And it is He who has released [simultaneously] the two seas, one fresh and sweet and one salty and bitter, and He placed between them a barrier and prohibiting partition.”
Qur’ān 25:53 (fresh + salt water cant mix)

"Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging [i.e., womb] Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh],and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh, then We developed him into another creation."
Qur’ān 23:13-14 (human embryonic development )

"And We have made the sky a well-protected canopy"
Qur’ān 21:32 (talking about the atmosphere)

“We sent down Iron with its great inherent strength and its many benefits for humankind”
Qur’ān 57:25 (iron is not natural to earth)

“And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander”
Qur’ān, 51:47 (universe is still expanding)

“Or [they are] like darknesses within an unfathomable sea which is covered by waves, upon which are waves, over which are clouds – darknesses, some of them upon others. When one puts out his hand [therein], he can hardly see it. And he to whom Allah has not granted light – for him there is no light”
Qur’ān, 24:40 (oceanographers have found that here are waves that take place internally in the oceans, below the surface of the water. Invisible to the human eye, these can only be detected through special equipment )

btw the Quran was revealed over 1400 years ago, and these things have only been covered recently, btw theres more but i havent read the whole Quran translation
several of these have been identified first by aristotle, hippocrates and galen, such as the embryo one (nor does semen come from the backbone). for salt and freshwater, there's a transition region in between where the different salinity levels mix. also the quran describes earth shaped like an ostrich egg which is not accurate

Last edited:

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
several of these have been identified first by aristotle, hippocrates and galen, such as the embryo one (nor does semen come from the backbone). for salt and freshwater, there's a transition region in between where the different salinity levels mix. also the quran describes earth shaped like an ostrich egg which is not accurate
can u give me a quote

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
This doesn't make sense because where's your evidence? You can't just say "there is no god"

Just curious, do you believe in evolution? It just doesn't make sense sorry, how life randomly started after the "big bang". How was the universe created from nothing?

The big bang theory states that "Our universe began with an explosion of space itself". Ok, then who created "the space" if "god doesn't exist"

Also what do you believe happens after death? Not hating I'm just curious
evidence.png

nitto

HSC
can u give me a quote
In his treatise History of Animals/ Περί ζῴων ἱστορίαι, Aristotle found and described the “primordial heart/ καὶ ὅσον στιγμὴ αἱματίνη ἐν τῷ λευκῷ ἡ καρδία” that “leaps and moves/ πηδᾷ καὶ κινεῖται” at the end of the “the third day/ τριῶν ἡμερῶν καὶ νυκτῶν παρελθουσῶν” of chick incubation; Aristotle continues his description saying that “two twined veins containing blood/ δύο πόροι φλεβικοὶ ἔναιμοι ἑλισσόμενοι bring blood to each of the two chambers… - Ταῖς μὲν οὖν ἀλεκτορίσι τριῶν ἡμερῶν καὶ νυκτῶν παρελθουσῶν … καὶ ὅσον στιγμὴ αἱματίνη ἐν τῷ λευκῷ ἡ καρδία. Τοῦτο δὲ τὸ σημεῖον πηδᾷ καὶ κινεῖται ὥσπερ ἔμψυχον, καὶ ἀπ' αὐτοῦ δύο πόροι φλεβικοὶ ἔναιμοι ἑλισσόμενοι φέρουσιν αὐξανομένου εἰς ἑκάτερον τῶν χιτώνων τῶν περιεχόντων.… (Aristotle's History of Animals/ Περί ζῴων ἱστορίαι, book 6, part 3). Aristotle considered the starting point of life, the embryonic heart.

“For the first principle of the movement… whereby that which comes into being is male, is better and more divine than the material whereby it is female."

while he's incorrect in saying the embryo is a coagulation of blood, he's from 300 BCE so the argument that "how could these ancient people have known? it was revealed to them" did not begin with them

Last edited:

theaeneid

HSC
N/A
"The World Water Council, gives this description of the importance of water for life:
"Water is life. All living organisms are predominantly made of water: human beings about 60%, fish about 80%, plants between 80% and 90%. "
"we made from water every living thing" doesn't prove any of that, let alone those statistics

nitto

HSC
"The World Water Council, gives this description of the importance of water for life:
"Water is life. All living organisms are predominantly made of water: human beings about 60%, fish about 80%, plants between 80% and 90%. "
ok, but humans being made of water isn't anything new. after looking it up, thales and aristotle knew about it too

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
"we made from water every living thing" doesn't prove any of that, let alone those statistics
the verse is saying every living thing has water, and the other quote by the world water council is saying "all living organisms are predominantly made of water", and the statistics is just examples. Its not hard to understand

ok, but humans being made of water isn't anything new. after looking it up, thales and aristotle knew about it too
ok, what about the others? I was just using it as an example plus theres way more verses but i obv cant quote them

nitto

HSC
the verse is saying every living thing has water, and the other quote by the world water council is saying "all living organisms are predominantly made of water", and the statistics is just examples. Its not hard to understand

ok, what about the others? I was just using it as an example plus theres way more verses but i obv cant quote them
i referenced a few of them, any in mind? what of my other point where i gave proof of embryology being a thing since ancient greece?

theaeneid

HSC
N/A

Unfortunately there exists writings that predate the Qur'an by centuries - "described in the writings of Galen between 130 and 201 AD somewhere" - that signify the presence of water in the human body, and as I said, that phrase, in no way, indicates thats what the Qur'an actually meant. The fact that already a lot of your points have been refuted really calls the rest of them into question.

gish gallop argument lol

And a lot of your points can easily be refuted with 10-second google searches, I trust you might look into some of these:
- Aristarchus in 230 BC developed the idea that the sun and moon exist in some orbit - even though it wasn't heliocentric (though neither was the Qur'an which is interesting)
- The ancient Hittites near 1500BC first smelted iron from its ore - iron had been contextually used for over a thousand years before the Qur'an, I doubt it was the first to contend that iron wasn't natural to earth since humans had been using it..
- I'd also highlight, as the user did, that the Qur'an makes some ridiculous claims that clearly aren't true, so you seem a bit selective here: It says the earth is egg-shaped, Meteors are stars shot by the devil, among others, regardless

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
yes

lets take the Quran for example. The quran proved sooo many things before science did. Are you going to believe?
Ngl that's actually a really good point. Ofc an all knowing God would know that cos he created it (I guess)?

But then again as per below, a lot of it is either disproved, blatantly wrong or has come up before with other civilisations

HSC
More of a personal question @nitto @its_ace21, would U believe in a religion if U were not brought up with it? Would U have the same beliefs? What got U into religion? Was it family or something you found on your own
im atheist but good question nonetheless; I was actually brought up in a muslim family. i think its a combination of being brought up with scientific interest that sorta made me challenge a lot of the ideals. i respect people’s individual beliefs nonetheless and i wouldn’t attack people based on their own values, that being said i will point out fallacies and inconsistencies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)