• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
And after all this y beleive god? Because he, or shite my bad, "it" or they, allows us an easy way out.

God is certainly not forgiving. According to a line of reasoning, he gave adam and eve a brain, chucked an apple tree in some garden, and told that u have to not eat it. Now one of humanity's greater traits is curiosity. According to another line of reasoning, god created curiosity. Therefore it was obvious that they were going to get the fruit. WTF god?

if u dont understand the reason behind something......u really shouldnt talk.....it shows ur ignorance....

>Teearnee<:-)

HSC
Hey guys, look, I don’t want to leave on a bad note so I’ll just say sorry I lowered the intelligence of your discussion, I am not posting on this thread anymore, I read each of your replies and I’m not going to bother answering your questions because you don't seem to understand anything i write...that's not in any way a shot at any of you, it's just merely what i observed. I hope that your discussion results in each of you knowing God’s grace, I know those two words r still loads of blah blah to you, but I hope you realise the truth of them before you die… cause you will certainly know in 80 years or whatever…
sorry you guys misunderstood me, I hope you don’t view badly of me…
enjoy your discussion, if you need anything be sure to pm me :) xo
sorry again, i honestly had good intentions, catchyaz

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
budj said:
And after all this y beleive god? Because he, or shite my bad, "it" or they, allows us an easy way out.
You cannot speak for everyone by saying that and trying to will get you no where.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
if u dont understand the reason behind something......u really shouldnt talk.....it shows ur ignorance....

Isn't that the core of religion? Putting a reason behind something that is not known with no real evidence or proof?

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Bone577 said:
Isn't that the core of religion? Putting a reason behind something that is not known with no real evidence or proof?
i posted some evidence up, and let me just say this again, just because the bible is contradictory (i have posted a file in relation to this long ago) dont automatically think that every other religion is contradictory and then come to the conclusion that there is no god.

and btw, in principle modern science is putting reasons behind something that is not known with no real evidence or proof. Philosophically, we cant say shit about anything, therefore it is only plausible that we go our own way.

its like saying does an apple exist? u never know, like i said watch the matrix again :) i just bought the 10 disc box set. :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
budj said:

God is certainly not forgiving. According to a line of reasoning, he gave adam and eve a brain, chucked an apple tree in some garden, and told that u have to not eat it. Now one of humanity's greater traits is curiosity. According to another line of reasoning, god created curiosity. Therefore it was obvious that they were going to get the fruit. WTF god?
lmao is there really a school called monaro high?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
i posted some evidence up, and let me just say this again, just because the bible is contradictory (i have posted a file in relation to this long ago) dont automatically think that every other religion is contradictory and then come to the conclusion that there is no god.

and btw, in principle modern science is putting reasons behind something that is not known with no real evidence or proof. Philosophically, we cant say shit about anything, therefore it is only plausible that we go our own way.

its like saying does an apple exist? u never know, like i said watch the matrix again :) i just bought the 10 disc box set. :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:
Science is based wholly on some form of logical process. Flaws create hypothesis', inferences create theory and proof creates laws.

The existence of god cannot be supported by any form of evidence because there is no evidence. When asking for evidence all I get is Bible quotes. I wan't some logical arguments based on real data.

Then maybe if I am satisfied I will prove to you that god does not exist. This will be done using a logical argument based on a factual pretense which will prove that morality cannot exist, choice cannot exist therefore heaven and hell do not exist hence the main religions are false.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
When me and moonlight started we were more interested in wether a God, a devine being can be proved... arguing about religions is pretty petty, like to me they're fairly easily disproven..

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
When me and moonlight started we were more interested in wether a God, a devine being can be proved... arguing about religions is pretty petty, like to me they're fairly easily disproven..
I suppose it happens when you attempt to establish too many truths. The religous texts are just full of little bits of information, so called truths, that are easily disproven, hence striking a blow to the religion as a whole.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Exactly, like to me i don't like believing in something that has alot of holes..
To me it seems although christians don't like believing in something with a few holes (like evolution), yet are willing to believe the bible even with the holes it has..

edit: on the topic of evolution.. it sickens me to see that some american schools have cut it out of their science books.

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Exactly, like to me i don't like believing in something that has alot of holes..
To me it seems although christians don't like believing in something with a few holes (like evolution), yet are willing to believe the bible even with the holes it has..

edit: on the topic of evolution.. it sickens me to see that some american schools have cut it out of their science books.
Again, you cant speak for all Christians in saying they dont believe in evolution, even the pope has stated evolution is possible. There are Christians that dont believe in it, especially fundamentalists (who are the majority of the people who stopped teaching evolution), but then again there are atheists that dont believe in it.

Last edited:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Again, you cant speak for all Christians in saying they dont believe in evolution, even the pope has stated evolution is possible. There are Christians that dont believe in it, especially fundamentalists (who are the majority of the people who stopped teaching evolution), but then again there are atheists that dont believe in it.
Of course even Christians must accept the force of overwhelming evidence, even if it is contradictory to their beliefs.

The first stage is always to suppress scientific advances. Then once it is too overwhelming, they go into damage control and attempt to adapt the religion through long winding, far-fetched interpretations that are quite obviously inccorect, so as to agree with scientific proof.

It is quite pitiful realy.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Bone577 said:
Of course even Christians must accept the force of overwhelming evidence, even if it is contradictory to their beliefs.

The first stage is always to suppress scientific advances. Then once it is too overwhelming, they go into damage control and attempt to adapt the religion through long winding, far-fetched interpretations that are quite obviously inccorect, so as to agree with scientific proof.

It is quite pitiful realy.
what scientific proof?

if this argument is of the existance of god, what proof has there been?

where is god supposed to exist?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
what scientific proof?

if this argument is of the existance of god, what proof has there been?

where is god supposed to exist?
Im talking of the change in the interpretation of religous texts once science has proven them wrong. Most notable being the earth being the centre of the universe in the bible, which had to be re-interpreted once it was discovered that this was completely false.
It has come to the point where whole sects claim to believe that the whole text is purely non-literal, hence less easy to debate against as everything is up to interpretation.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
OK Bone577, you cannot say that only about Christians because Scientists continually adapt, change and reinterpret their ideas as new evidence and advances emerge, its so obvious that as time changes interpretations change. Science was against evolution at first, science was against Earth not being the centre at first. Christians, nor any other monotheistic religion, did not state HOW the Earth was created, i think you are missing the most important point, that God created it, how He did it isnt up to Christians to discover. Creation has long been accepted as a myth to simply explain to the people that God created Earth.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
wow.........i thought bone believed in god......maybe coz he said he was persian and for some reason to me persia=iran=god believers........but anyways........moving right along.....

budj

HSC
Acmillan, joujou, in what state do you say exists a god. How do you support this assertion. Are you saying because of pure faith, a feeling in the heart that yearns you towards beleiving in him? There are many other religions, (consider for example the African trible sections beleiving not in a god like figure), and their absolute trust...Witch doctors...this stuff comes from pure faith, and if it is the only evidentiary claim to the existence of a god, shouldn't their religions? also be proven using this result?

budj

HSC
And yes Monaro High does exist. It is a rural high school in Cooma (near the Snowy Mountains)..about 110k's from Canberra

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
Acmillan, joujou, in what state do you say exists a god. How do you support this assertion. Are you saying because of pure faith, a feeling in the heart that yearns you towards beleiving in him? There are many other religions, (consider for example the African trible sections beleiving not in a god like figure), and their absolute trust...Witch doctors...this stuff comes from pure faith, and if it is the only evidentiary claim to the existence of a god, shouldn't their religions? also be proven using this result?

look, god is not a human and has no form.....hes a power, a force, a light, wateva....and i dont believe in god coz its makes me feel secure, or gives me a reason or to live or any bullshit like that......something has caused my creation and the creation of this world. a seriers of bullshit "coincidences" did not create this universe....there is a stronger force....humans r not the intelligent ppl they think they r......if they were theyd stop earthquakes and tsunamis and droughts bu they cant....there is a creater power contolling all this and no matter how good humans get with knowledge....they cant beat the powers of this creator.....

so this power, this force is labelled as god.......it is pretty simple....

Mm_cookies

Banned
HSC
religion has been proved many a time!
jesus' existance has of course been proved but in his time he had the whole of about 100 followers! we've just all caght onto christianity or religion with god and jesus and shit because when it was introduced to rome and became the cities religion it was introduced to out heritage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)