• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Bone577 said:
Science is based wholly on some form of logical process. Flaws create hypothesis', inferences create theory and proof creates laws.

The existence of god cannot be supported by any form of evidence because there is no evidence. When asking for evidence all I get is Bible quotes. I wan't some logical arguments based on real data.

Then maybe if I am satisfied I will prove to you that god does not exist. This will be done using a logical argument based on a factual pretense which will prove that morality cannot exist, choice cannot exist therefore heaven and hell do not exist hence the main religions are false.
hahahah i think thats the whole point of this thread, but somehow i dont think you can prove anything with that magnitude. BTW logical arguments based or real data is sort of false, because nothing is really real data.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
OK Bone577, you cannot say that only about Christians because Scientists continually adapt, change and reinterpret their ideas as new evidence and advances emerge, its so obvious that as time changes interpretations change. Science was against evolution at first, science was against Earth not being the centre at first. Christians, nor any other monotheistic religion, did not state HOW the Earth was created, i think you are missing the most important point, that God created it, how He did it isnt up to Christians to discover. Creation has long been accepted as a myth to simply explain to the people that God created Earth.
Leap of faith, dogma, blind faith, accepted truths. These are parts of mainstream religion. The acceptance of word as fact, rigid and unchangable.

This is not part of science. Science is an ever changing set of theories and laws, with no dogma. Old ones can be thrown out and new ones accepted if the evidence is there. No leap of faith is ever made, laws and theories are accepted as the best ones currently available never as a definite truth.

This is why your comparison is a moot point. Since the religion cannot simply adapt soo easily, and rewrite its texts, it must instead claim alternate interpretation where no alternate interpretation was ever intended. The writers of the Bible i am sure never expected the words to be taken as anything but literal. But in the face of science changes where made.
This consists of the formation of seperate sects of a religion, so as to adhere to modern values and substantiated laws and theories of science.

In this sense science is a religion, but without any form of dogma, where everything is open to complete revision and discussion.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
hahahah i think thats the whole point of this thread, but somehow i dont think you can prove anything with that magnitude. BTW logical arguments based or real data is sort of false, because nothing is really real data.
Indeed you are right, proving god doesn't exist is a holy grail (note the irony) of the athiest world, to finaly deafen the debate on the matter is quite significant. The logic of my argument is infaliable, the presedence will be denied by everyone who believes in god... but denial is not an argument.

Also, what i mean by data is pretense, which in my case is not data as such. But lets not all get matrix-ish now with all this nothing is real stuff :).

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Bone577 said:
The writers of the Bible i am sure never expected the words to be taken as anything but literal. But in the face of science changes where made.
This consists of the formation of seperate sects of a religion, so as to adhere to modern values and substantiated laws and theories of science.
Thats where you are wrong, not everything was expected to be taken literally, take Revelation as an example.

Different denominations of Christianity did not form as a result of adhering to substantiated laws and theories of science. The two greatest splits occurred due to disagreement in some aspects of the religion. The Catholic-Protestant split occurred due to the question of justification, resulting in the various Catholic and Protestant denominations and rites.

*Barbie*

HSC
yes i believe that God exists...
somone can only believe it God wills for them to believe...
God has to open the persons heart...
as for evidence... lol just like clearasil ... 'the evidence is clear'
lol ahahahahaha that was sucha good 1 ;) anyhooz
~without God there is no purpose... what is the point of us is there is no God???
~ i believe God exists because of the Bible
~ the idea of a god is always there.. whether it be money, ourselves etc. there is that position of one higher than all others...

but the bible says that b4 God man is without excuse

and proving the Bible is real... in comparison to aristotle (and many others...theres a list here lol but i just chose aristotle)...
* aristotle's recordings were 400 years ( 384-322 B.C.)before the New Testament (50-100 A.D.)
* the earliest copy of aristotle can only be traced back to 1100 A.D... the earliest new testament manuscript was in 130 A.D.
***therefore the timespan between aristotle's original and the copy was over 1400 years...yet the timespan between the New Testaments original and the copy was less than 100 years***
* there were 49 copies of aristotles writing... there were 5600 copies of the new testament with 99.5% accuracy...

more than 500 witnesses were willing to die to testify Jesus was real @ the time He ascended into heaven...
Jesus is also referred to as an actual being by Josephus... a historical dude... i can't remember what for lol but theres writings of his... he is not related to the bible

theres heaps more if ya wanna know just ask... xoxox
I don't even wanna know how many spelling mistakes i have made...so sorry lol actually i made them on purpose ;)

Danoz The Great

HSC
*Barbie* said:

what the fuck are you on?

*Barbie* said:
~without God there is no purpose... what is the point of us is there is no God???
~our purpose is to produce offspring. simple. read about charles darwin's findings. it's good.

*Barbie* said:
* there were 49 copies of aristotles writing... there were 5600 copies of the new testament with 99.5% accuracy...
how the fuck do you work out a statistic like that?!

*Barbie* said:
more than 500 witnesses were willing to die to testify Jesus was real @ the time He ascended into heaven...
how do you know this? were you there? LOL!!!

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Now now lets not be too harsh on a newbie. As for the 500 witnesses, perhaps referring to the martyrs?

K

katie_tully

*Barbie* said:
yes i believe that God exists...
somone can only believe it God wills for them to believe...
God has to open the persons heart...
lol ahahahahaha that was sucha good 1 ;) anyhooz
~ i believe God exists because of the Bible
~ the idea of a god is always there.. whether it be money, ourselves etc. there is that position of one higher than all others...

but the bible says that b4 God man is without excuse

and proving the Bible is real... in comparison to aristotle (and many others...theres a list here lol but i just chose aristotle)...
* aristotle's recordings were 400 years ( 384-322 B.C.)before the New Testament (50-100 A.D.)
* the earliest copy of aristotle can only be traced back to 1100 A.D... the earliest new testament manuscript was in 130 A.D.
***therefore the timespan between aristotle's original and the copy was over 1400 years...yet the timespan between the New Testaments original and the copy was less than 100 years***

Jesus is also referred to as an actual being by Josephus... a historical dude... i can't remember what for lol but theres writings of his... he is not related to the bible

theres heaps more if ya wanna know just ask... xoxox
I don't even wanna know how many spelling mistakes i have made...so sorry lol actually i made them on purpose ;)
If I were a Christian, I would be so pissed off with you right now. One, because you really are a moron, and two because you've just shown me why I think Christianity is a load of shit.

The earliest copy of Aristotle can be found around the same time of Alexander the Great, because Alexander the Great was a student of Aristotles. Artistotle was a philosopher, wtf has that got to do with the bible?
Nobody disputes the fact that Jesus lived, but it is the account of his so called life that can be debateable.
You believe God exists because of the bible? Is that like me saying I believe in Mary's little Lamb coz the nursery rhyme says so?
You just likened God to money, yet any good bible basher knows that if you surrender yourself completely to god, you have no need for money or material possessions.
God is so pissed off with you right now.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
katie_tully said:
If I were a Christian, I would be so pissed off with you right now. One, because you really are a moron, and two because you've just shown me why I think Christianity is a load of shit.

The earliest copy of Aristotle can be found around the same time of Alexander the Great, because Alexander the Great was a student of Aristotles. Artistotle was a philosopher, wtf has that got to do with the bible?
Nobody disputes the fact that Jesus lived, but it is the account of his so called life that can be debateable.
You believe God exists because of the bible? Is that like me saying I believe in Mary's little Lamb coz the nursery rhyme says so?
You just likened God to money, yet any good bible basher knows that if you surrender yourself completely to god, you have no need for money or material possessions.
lol ........................

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
isnt there a poll asking do you believe in god..vote yes no or not sure?
coz i wanna see what the numbers of ppl are that believe and dont believe etc
has sumone made one?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
soha said:
isnt there a poll asking do you believe in god..vote yes no or not sure?
coz i wanna see what the numbers of ppl are that believe and dont believe etc
has sumone made one?
I dont think its been done

*Barbie*

HSC
katie_tully said:

hey Katie...
1) how dare you call me a moron... just because i am sharing with you my views on whether God exists... no offence but that was uncalled for... i wasn't aiming anything i wrote at you nor did i mean to offend you... i'm not angry at you @ all i just thought that wasn't appropriate...
2) you askd what does aristotle have to do with the bible... sorry i dont think i properly explained why i used that example lol clever eh... i used that to show that there are so many other historical writings eg. aristotle and alexander the great(like you said), that we use as resources and count them as reliable... when in fact the New Testament had less time between the authors and the copies, more copies to compare with aswell as high accuracy...
3) you totally missed the point with me listing money in the same sentence as a god... i meant that as humans there is always a position in our lives for a god... most people choose something other than the true God... but i was just listing money as one of the things people have as #1 in their life.. thats all i meant dude...nothing at all to do with not needing money once u meet God... anyhooz i need money just like u do... itz just that with God u know that you need not worry no matter the circumstances...
anyways, just thought i'd letcha know how i meant the post to be percieved.. thankx xoxoxox
ps. God isn't pi**ed off @ me (Scuse the language lol) 4 posting that... yeh man my sins a problem cause hey i am so far from perfect, but cz He saved me and opened my heart i can now say that i am no longer enemies with Him... i'd say you have more to worry about in relation to God than i do... i don't mean that in an offensive way...but all this is rubblish to you so i dont expect you to take any of that to heart

*Barbie*

HSC
transcendent said:
pink really does lower the standard of your response.
lol why thank you!
i honestly have to do it... sorry if it's a pain in the beehind m8 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)