• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does the devil exist? (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
there are some things i cant explain in life

check this out - once i was praying/meditating right!

i was doing this in my 20 min lunch break at work, and my cousin, bro and dad were also there (this was in the city), and i had packed up a kebab for my luch (dunno wat the others had)

anywayz call me weird, but when i was praying/meditating, out of the blue , i had this "instinctive feeling" within myself: i had a feeling that someone (one guy in particular) was gunna eat my lunch just coz he felt i didnt deserve such a great meal - ( i bludge at work),

-but then i said to myself: no! who cares if people wanna eat my lunch, praying is more important ( isnt it ? :) )

so when i went to eat- by instincts were right- someone did eat my lunch, i was like lol, wat the devil happened here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so, who gave me that instinctive feeling? yes i do have psyhic powers (i think we all do) but this was different. lets assume it WAS the devil. Wat would he achieve from telling me about the state of my lunch affairs?:

1) he could distract me from praying/ meditating - cutting it short/ remove the " peace of mind" in me
2) induce anger between me and those who think im a bludger :)
3) turn my attention away from the spiritual world and look towards material issues like lunch :)

who knows, it seems to be a win win situation for the devil. i only assumed it was the devil for the sake of this debate, wat do u make of it??????????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: im muslim (though u should know) and that if u liked what i said, how about giving me some rep points!

Last edited:

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i think with a UAI of 97.9 u probably arent a bludger at work

and i think u think to much... which is again evident in ur UAI

wanton-wonton

HSC
One time on the train, this guy had a talk with me. First it was about the general stuff, how old are you? Where you from? Blah blah...then he talked to me about religion. What do you believe in? Blah blah....then he said...'Believe it or not, I'm the devil'. That scared me quite a lot so I ran off. Anyway...that was some time ago, around three weeks ago, so I'm over it by now. But err...I don't believe the devil exists, just imposters.

alien

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Whats LDS stand for?
LDS stands for Latter Day Saint, as in missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint. LDS is a nickname.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
alien are u a morman?

i hav a friend who tried to convert me to mormanism from christianity so i had a look see at their beliefs and their extra book thing in addition to the bible.

but i dont understand how u can believe both without recognising that at several highly important points they contradict. eg- bible states there is a heaven and a hell and the only way to heaven is thru jesus. the mormans believe there r 3 places, like a hell 4 the baddies, a regular place 4 the normals and a heaven 4 the super doopers.

wat i didnt understand, is how come if i keep followin my beliefs, and she keeps following hers that we both apparently end up in the same place, doesnt that make believin in something ur whole life not worth the effort? at least with christianity thru our faith we have an assurance of eternity with Christ, and an "urgency"/reason to want to convert our friends, to save them from hell. but i dont quite understand the point of becoming a morman, wat r the benefits, if u still end up in the same place as every1 else? why not simply believe each to their own?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
mr EaZy said:
are mormans christians or wat?

its a sect right?
"Mormonism" is an unofficial but common term for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the doctrinal, institutional, cultural, and other elements forming its distinctive worldview and independent Christian tradition. "Mormons" is the equivalent term for members of the Church, with "Mormon" being both the singular noun and the adjective.

Over the years these terms and other, less common variants have been widely used (such as "Mormonite" in early decades of the Church), but members prefer the official name revealed by the Savior to the Prophet Joseph Smith—The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—in order to emphasize the central role of Jesus Christ in their doctrine and worship (D&C 115:3-4). The shortened name that most contemporary members use instead of "Mormonism" is "LDS Church," with "LDS" used in place of "Mormon" and "Latter-day Saints" or "Saints" used instead of "Mormons."

firehose

HSC
in my own (biased) opinion Mormons are just a radical Christian sect made by a guy who decided to take slabs out of the Bible and add his own "prophecies" to it.. i personally don't know any Mormons so i guess i'm safe in sayin that :D

as for whether the devil exists, of course, and he is out to get u everyday

mr EaZy

HSC
the guy who made up LDS was a free-mason (now is that suprising in any way??)

i found that out today, coz my bro borrowed a book about freemasonry and i had a bit of a read today. hold on, ill get the paragraph bio soon.........

(the book is written by freemasons, the grand grand grand master , so is heavily biased- be careful what u read on the subject coz these guys want you to luv them :) )

mr EaZy

HSC
that was the one one religons right?

i think free masonry was in his music jamboree - i dont watch em though, i find it too offensive when he tells me to " 'rack' off " at the end.

anywayz: hes the LDS stuff:

mr EaZy

HSC
JOSEPH SMITH

American founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS -the Mormons. His church grew out of the teachings of the strange Book of Mormon that he claimed had been revealed to him by an angel. He was initiated in Nauvoo lodge, Nauvoo, illonois, but was expelled for his misuse of the ceremonies which later became the basis of the temple ceremonies which later became the basis of the Temple ceremonies of his church.
freemasons are everywhere these days :p this was taken from a book about freemasons by freemasons .

alien

HSC
beccaxx said:
alien are u a morman?

i hav a friend who tried to convert me to mormanism from christianity so i had a look see at their beliefs and their extra book thing in addition to the bible.

but i dont understand how u can believe both without recognising that at several highly important points they contradict. eg- bible states there is a heaven and a hell and the only way to heaven is thru jesus. the mormans believe there r 3 places, like a hell 4 the baddies, a regular place 4 the normals and a heaven 4 the super doopers.

wat i didnt understand, is how come if i keep followin my beliefs, and she keeps following hers that we both apparently end up in the same place, doesnt that make believin in something ur whole life not worth the effort? at least with christianity thru our faith we have an assurance of eternity with Christ, and an "urgency"/reason to want to convert our friends, to save them from hell. but i dont quite understand the point of becoming a morman, wat r the benefits, if u still end up in the same place as every1 else? why not simply believe each to their own?
YEP i am mormon.
yeah the lds church is a Christian church. it teaches of Christ, testifies of Christ, we believe that Jesus is our Saviour and Redeemer, that he died for us and through the atonement we can be forgiven if we repent. Lots of stuff. But yeah, if you want any more proof, look at the full name of the church.
Um, the Book of Mormon is the other book that everyone talks about, that's where the nickname comes from and it actually doesn't conflict with the Bible, well I don't think it does, I've read both and didn't pick up on anything. Yep we believe there is a "heaven" and "hell" as such, but like, within heaven there are three degrees, the three degrees of glory, and we can only make it to heaven through Christ's sacrifice. "Hell" is like out of darkness, where there is no presence of God or Jesus or the Holy Ghost.
Lol, the benefits of being mormon. for me- peace of mind. happiness. the hope that i can find eternal joy. because we believe that we can be sealed to our families forever, which means we are together after we die. um, joy in serving other people (there are lots of activities where we get together and like clean up people's gardens or go down to old ppl homes and stuff like that). baptism and repentence so i can be forgiven. the holy ghost. with like going to heaven, it says in the bible that you need to be born of water and of spirit to enter into the kingdom of God. so like baptism is an ordinance that you need to get to heaven. and the LDS church practises baptism. hope that explains everything. PM if you want more.
physician are you mormon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)