Donald Trump (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

Best... Middle... Finger... to Wall Street... EVER!!!!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
$47bn has dropped of Australia stock exchange so far (Source nine news)

enoilgam

HSC
It's a surprising result to be honest, but I guess as Brexit demonstrated anything is possible. I understand people's frustration, but to me putting your money on Donald Trump to fix things is absolutely ludicrous. The man is woefully unqualified and his background cannot stand up to any reasonable scrutiny. That being said, Donald Trump himself isnt the issue, he merely took advantage of issues that have been brewing for a long time. I think the left really is as much to blame as the right for his rise. First of all, whilst I agree that Hillary is a better choice than Donald, she had some serious baggage and was a poor choice as a nominee. The DNC really blundered big time by tilting the primaries in favour of someone who had so much baggage and lacked a broad base of appeal. Second, as I mentioned earlier I think the left is guilty of having a strong sense of moral superiority, which has isolated many from the political process and pushed them towards the right. I think the right is also to blame by validating extremism and putting ideology above pragmatic solutions.

I think the electorate is also to blame for placing unrealistic expectations on politicians. At the end of the day, there is only so much that politicians can do. They cant wave a magic wand and fix societies problems. There needs to be a spirit of friendly opposition and compromise, today it seems as if the electorate wants politicians to take a "my way or the highway" approach to government and as we've seen, this isnt conducive to action, just inaction.

That all being said, I understand the frustration of Donald Trump's base. I think globalisation has really hurt the middle and lower classes and the pace which life seems to move has left a lot of people behind. In this day and age, job security and job stability have declined dramatically and I attribute that to a corporate and social culture where constant change is celebrated and venerated to a ridiculous extent. People want to work hard, but I think a large silent majority just wants some stability in their lives and not have to constantly worry about the nature of their job and whether they will even have a job in the short term future. I think people are tired of this obsession with change and are feeling left behind and insecure in a modern world. Ultimately, I think what Donald Trump represents to many is a return to a better time, where life was more stable and less stressful. The truth is though Donald Trump cant help us there, we all need to do some soul searching to figure out what isnt working in Western society and what WE can do to fix it. Not what some politician or snakeoil salesman can do, but we as a collective.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
"I think the electorate is also to blame for placing unrealistic expectations on politicians. At the end of the day, there is only so much that politicians can do. They cant wave a magic wand and fix societies problems. There needs to be a spirit of friendly opposition and compromise, today it seems as if the electorate wants politicians to take a "my way or the highway" approach to government and as we've seen, this isnt conducive to action, just inaction."

no that's horeshit. Obama was a shit president and hillary would have been even worse

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a surprising result to be honest, but I guess as Brexit demonstrated anything is possible. I understand people's frustration, but to me putting your money on Donald Trump to fix things is absolutely ludicrous. The man is woefully unqualified and his background cannot stand up to any reasonable scrutiny. That being said, Donald Trump himself isnt the issue, he merely took advantage of issues that have been brewing for a long time. I think the left really is as much to blame as the right for his rise. First of all, whilst I agree that Hillary is a better choice than Donald, she had some serious baggage and was a poor choice as a nominee. The DNC really blundered big time by tilting the primaries in favour of someone who had so much baggage and lacked a broad base of appeal. Second, as I mentioned earlier I think the left is guilty of having a strong sense of moral superiority, which has isolated many from the political process and pushed them towards the right. I think the right is also to blame by validating extremism and putting ideology above pragmatic solutions.

I think the electorate is also to blame for placing unrealistic expectations on politicians. At the end of the day, there is only so much that politicians can do. They cant wave a magic wand and fix societies problems. There needs to be a spirit of friendly opposition and compromise, today it seems as if the electorate wants politicians to take a "my way or the highway" approach to government and as we've seen, this isnt conducive to action, just inaction.

That all being said, I understand the frustration of Donald Trump's base. I think globalisation has really hurt the middle and lower classes and the pace which life seems to move has left a lot of people behind. In this day and age, job security and job stability have declined dramatically and I attribute that to a corporate and social culture where constant change is celebrated and venerated to a ridiculous extent. People want to work hard, but I think a large silent majority just wants some stability in their lives and not have to constantly worry about the nature of their job and whether they will even have a job in the short term future. I think people are tired of this obsession with change and are feeling left behind and insecure in a modern world. Ultimately, I think what Donald Trump represents to many is a return to a better time, where life was more stable and less stressful. The truth is though Donald Trump cant help us there, we all need to do some soul searching to figure out what isnt working in Western society and what WE can do to fix it. Not what some politician or snakeoil salesman can do, but we as a collective.
He actually saved traditional western way of life - otherwise the west would fall to a combination of homosexuals and illegal immigrants

Orwell

HSC
The white's turned out to vote for America, not Islamatopia.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I can finally understand why Trump picked Mike Pence as a running mate.
People will be less-likely to unseat Trump when the alternative stand-in is Pence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)