DotA (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
who was the guy who versed me in dota on Bored Aussies?

kept talking shit lol

although, that was the best weaver i have ever seen, pitty my team worked better and totally smashed your team even though we had half your teams kills

you had something like 20-5, and our whole team had about 28 kills

so lyke, wanna teach me how to weaver as good as you?

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Weaver's easy.
You just load up at the start on stat-boosters then hide and use allies to trap.
It's not so much a teachable skill but once you know how to do it it's easier than pharming.

Do you play much outside of Battlenet? The tourneys run near UNSW are teh sweet.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I dont think iam tourney material, iam probably good enough to be an emergency replacement in a clan or something, and have been, but ive never persued been in a clan or playing in tourneys, just place for fun

i know how to play every hero though, and iam really good at about half of them[ others are so/so and then a few i dont like playing at all i.e terrorblade] and about 15 heroes i can be pretty insane with

ive bene playing weaver a bit to get good and i think ive got him to a stage where he isnt a weakness for me in ar anymore, but iam not like leet pro weaver omg yet

still, i might pop in to a tourney one day

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha DotA, the poor man's WoW.

I still play here in college when WoW servers are down, or when I need a break and the boys want a free game. All good fun.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I am not poor, i play both, when server lines are 2 big, or servers lagging or servers down iam into the dota

Wolfowitz

HSC
Pfft. I refuse to be swallowed by World of Woecraft. What's the difference between a room of DotA players and WoW players? The smiles.

DotA is the bomb.

P.S - If you want to become pro try Zeus. He's the best headhunter.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
...Zeus is shit, hes slow, he deals poor damage, has poor hp, no stuns or escape mechanisms... he is naix chow

only thing good is his ulti if you time it right, but thats only good if your team is winning, otherwise its shit 2

FuckLiberals

HSC
Agreed, Zeus is mightily shit, one of the worst in the game.

I haven't played DotA in ages, but when I get my comp, I'll start playing again.

We'll have a game, Jarad?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The character is not shit, simply the person who doesn't know how to play him. =)

And not having escape mechanisms of his own doesn't prevent you from getting a Lothar's Edge or something. Use the items available to you! People don't complain about the sniper being shit, yet without a Lothar's he's just food.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
is DotA just a new map for warcraft? bit slow, but i'm confused as i haven't played it !

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
It's quite old actually, but yes it's a custom map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (ie the War3 expansion). DotA stands for Defence of the Ancients.

P

pLuvia

And it's been updated countless number of times, if you want I'll send it to you hopeles5ly :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
And it's been updated countless number of times, if you want I'll send it to you hopeles5ly :p
it's ok, but thanks for the offer ! i haven't warcraft for ages, except for WoW.

taki999

HSC
^ Ohh...i never knew you guys played Dota..LOL...lets have a LAN match in the holidays eh??

Zeus in Dm mode ROCKSSSSSSSSSs!! I used to hate Zeus but in early game if you can push them back alot you can win before mid game...just keep nuc-ing and pick up a haste rune..and kill everyone...lol

Yeah hopefess you are pretty hopefess..lol..jkjk

WoW's too additive IMO..knowing the people who play it..

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Diablo was the most addictive game, but I stopped :p

LAN why not lol, which LAN program do you use?

Wolfowitz

HSC
taki999 said:
^ Ohh...i never knew you guys played Dota..LOL...lets have a LAN match in the holidays eh??

Zeus in Dm mode ROCKSSSSSSSSSs!! I used to hate Zeus but in early game if you can push them back alot you can win before mid game...just keep nuc-ing and pick up a haste rune..and kill everyone...lol

Yeah hopefess you are pretty hopefess..lol..jkjk

WoW's too additive IMO..knowing the people who play it..
Cheers.
Also the Edge suggestion is faulted - it's a serious waste of gold ($2.2k?)

The other good pro char is Pudge. Hook and Rot (with a few Str+ and HP Regen) pwns anything. Moreover you can currently hook from behind trees and pull any pharmer screaming and kicking through the forest and into your lair.

My last fav. is Lion. He's versatile and hard to stuff up. I'm off to play in the tourny @ Randwich.
Tats!

FuckLiberals

HSC
Lexicographer said:
The character is not shit, simply the person who doesn't know how to play him. =)

And not having escape mechanisms of his own doesn't prevent you from getting a Lothar's Edge or something. Use the items available to you! People don't complain about the sniper being shit, yet without a Lothar's he's just food.
'Fraid not, I'd rather have any character in DotA, than Zeus. ANY one.

Sniper is not shit. He's the most imbalanced charater in the game. Even more so than Troll.

Last edited:

Wolfowitz

HSC
Just because you're good at pharming and early-mid games doesn't mean that it's 'better' than other characters.

Sniper is shit later on. Slow attack and movement speed; low health; uglyness of the face; the fact that he does range damage; no functional skills. He's just a pharmer for noobs.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Diablo was the most addictive game, but I stopped :p

LAN why not lol, which LAN program do you use?
yes diablo the good ol' days ! i lent my original copy to someone and never got it back :( anyways i'll join LAN game, just have to find my frozen throne lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)