driving techniques. (1 Viewer)

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
quik. said:
Don't wanna interrupt the convo but if anyone could answer this I'd be pretty happeh.

Taught to brake/emergency brake on the bike with the clutch pulled in, both front and rear brakes applied. If the clutch is in, does that stop engine braking helping you to stop?
You will brake more effectively in neutral (clutch in) with all the brakes applied than you would by engine braking down through the gears. I think.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You don't have time to shift down in an emergency brake, so it won't really matter if you're clutch is in or not.

Besides, you don't really want to be trying to engine brake on a bike in an emergency. If you shift too low, too early you will get compression lock-up on the rear. Too much thinking involved really.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Pull-pull steering. Pull into a turn and pull out of a turn with the opposite hand (never let the car straighten itself). Also: never push, and never cross arms.

Was taught this in a defensive driving course. Not sure if it's particularly beneficial.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Dumsum said:
Pull-pull steering. Pull into a turn and pull out of a turn with the opposite hand (never let the car straighten itself). Also: never push, and never cross arms.

Was taught this in a defensive driving course. Not sure if it's particularly beneficial.
mad, what else did you learn??

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Trail braking seems really fucking stupid "LOL LOOK AT ME IM WEARING MY PADS OUT 3 TIMES FASTER AND WARPING THE FUCK OUT OF MY DISCS11!!!1"

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Trail braking seems really fucking stupid "LOL LOOK AT ME IM WEARING MY PADS OUT 3 TIMES FASTER AND WARPING THE FUCK OUT OF MY DISCS11!!!1"
better than a burn out.

Pace_T

HSC
lololol.
lou071, you sound like the dumbest fuckwit on this website
congratulations! you are weener~

F2001

HSC
lou071 said:
just wondering, how many times did you have to do the test for P?
i know this depends on people, but post up how many u tried and when you got it, so for example, u tried 4 times and on 5th time you got P.
what are u trying to prove?

I got mine on my 10th attempt, and I'm still better than you. Did I slam your pathetic ego?

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
lou071 said:
just wondering, how many times did you have to do the test for P?
i know this depends on people, but post up how many u tried and when you got it, so for example, u tried 4 times and on 5th time you got P.
I got my L's on my first attempt, I got my red P's on my first attempt, I got my green P's on my first attempt. It's not like it's even remotely difficult, if you can't pass that test you shouldn't be driving.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
47.46.45 said:
You will brake more effectively in neutral (clutch in) with all the brakes applied than you would by engine braking down through the gears. I think.
No you don't, I remember that though. Not sure why they teach you it. Engine braking on a bike is massive. I think it might be to avoid damage to the transmission/engine if you lock up the back wheel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)