Drop to standard english?? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't drop to Standard!
Worst decision of my life!
80 in Advanced is a 91. 80 in Standard is like 82, and it scales worse.
Don't do it!
It's not easier to do better in Standard! The people that dropped to Standard at my school that didn't work harder went just as bad as they did in Advanced.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Umm... Advanced and Standard scale the same, but align differently because they are reported on a common scale

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I cry myself to sleep at night because I dropped Advanced down to Standard.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't... ACHIEVING A BAND 6 is so difficult for standard even a band 5.. Generally the cohorts also in standard are generally bad and... I know this is evident in my school....

+ The workload is very similar for advanced and standard... ADVANCED gets to do bladerunner, frankenstein and justice game.. now those are epic texts XDD...

HSC
Uni Grad
The only difference between Standard & Advance is what texts you do and that Standard's concepts are easier than Advance. I do Standard and I'm fine with it. As long as you get a good class and a good teacher you should befine. Those who think Standard will go apeshit and bring down your ATAR is wrong. My current English teacher said with the HSC, regardless if you do Standard or EE2 English will be the only subject that will tell you if you got a good ATAR or not. So if you get a Band 5 in Standard (people, it isn't that hard if you put the WORK in it), you should get a good ATAR if you work hard in your other subjects.

Don't listen to those people who say, "Standard is the worse choice, don't do it. It shits up your ATAR."

findx

HSC
just a quick question. can a school force you to drop to standard english?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
The only difference between Standard & Advanced is what texts you do and that Standard's concepts are easier than Advanced's. I do Standard and I'm fine with it. As long as you get a good class and a good teacher you should befine. Those who think Standard will go apeshit and bring down your ATAR are wrong. My current English teacher said with the HSC, regardless if you do Standard or EE2 English will be the only subject that will tell you if you got a good ATAR or not. So if you get a Band 5 in Standard (people, it isn't that hard if you put the WORK in it), you should get a good ATAR if you work hard in your other subjects.
Don't listen to those people who say, "Standard is the worse choice, don't do it. It shits up your ATAR."
I DO FUCKING STANDARD AND I'M AIMING FOR FUCKING 97.5+ NOT FUCKING 80!!!
STANDARD WILL FUCK UP YOUR ATAR!!!
Fuck, some people.
Fucking retarded cunt.

just a quick question. can a school force you to drop to standard english?
Advanced teacher harassed me until I dropped because he didn't like my "attitude". :(

HSC
Uni Grad
Fuck, some people.
Fucking retarded cunt.
Then do well in Standard then. Get a Band 5 or 6. It's not that hard. It's a thing called 'work', I suggest you do it. Then as soon as you work hard in Standard and rest of your subjects, get all Band 6s, then problem solved.
It's just English, the difference, again, is the texts and the idea in Standard are less complex than Advance. If you think Advance was easy then Standard is a walk in a park. T.T"

P.S I am not a "cunt". I have a name and a human being, not some rad ass druggie drunk gangster who smokes and does shit to society. T.T" Some people these days.

I'll be standing around the corner when you get Band 4 with 75 in Standard English and ending up capping your ATAR to 90.
How do you know if I get 75% in Standard? Even I don't know that until I get my results. I am aiming for a Band 5, to be honest. But hey, if you can read my future, then it must be true. ^.^

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Fuck, some people.
Fucking retarded cunt.

Advanced teacher harassed me until I dropped because he didn't like my "attitude". :(
He is stupid, don't worry you are smart and you will get your goal

The only difference between Standard & Advance is what texts you do and that Standard's concepts are easier than Advance. I do Standard and I'm fine with it. As long as you get a good class and a good teacher you should befine. Those who think Standard will go apeshit and bring down your ATAR is wrong. My current English teacher said with the HSC, regardless if you do Standard or EE2 English will be the only subject that will tell you if you got a good ATAR or not. So if you get a Band 5 in Standard (people, it isn't that hard if you put the WORK in it), you should get a good ATAR if you work hard in your other subjects.

lol Standard is pretty bad and will mess you ATAR up because it alligns shit

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Then do well in Standard then. Get a Band 5 or 6. It's not that hard. It's a thing called 'work', I suggest you do it. Then as soon as you work hard in Standard and rest of your subjects, get all Band 6s, then problem solved.
It's just English, the difference, again, is the texts and the idea in Standard are less complex than Advance. If you think Advance was easy then Standard is a walk in a park. T.T"

P.S I am not a "cunt". I have a name and a human being, not some rad ass druggie drunk gangster who smokes and does shit to society. T.T" Some people these days
m8, Standard and Advanced are reported on a common scale - it is very hard to get a Band 6 in Standard, look at the stats. It's like 67 students in Standard get a Band 6, compared to over ten-fold in Advanced.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
m8, Standard and Advanced are reported on a common scale - it is very hard to get a Band 6 in Standard, look at the stats. It's like 67 students in Standard get a Band 6, compared to over ten-fold in Advanced.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!

and the ones who top standard.. are beast..

they're normally kids who are comparable to the top in advanced.. (eg. ninety on this forum)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If you got Band 6 in Standard, you should have done Advanced. Hell, if you got Band 6 in Standard, you'd probably be enough to take on EX1 and maybe EX2.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
It's hard to top standard, sure you can get a band 5 with hard work, but getting than band 6 in standard is practically impossible. I think you should stick with English Advanced, with hard work, a band 4 in English Advanced would be better than a band 5 in English Standard. Since 2 units of English counts towards ur ATAR, I think you should considering getting tutoring for Advanced English. there are a lot of tutors out there. Trust me, doing some hard work in Advanced and getting that band 4-5 is ALOT better than getting a Band 4 -5 in standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)