Drugsdrugsdrugsdrugsdrugs (1 Viewer)

rockstar01

HSC
haha i agree... i hate it when people say don't knock it till you have tried it
it's such a poor excuse

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
It's definitely true that long term use fucks you up...

It depends more on the drug i that sense - I know people who within a few short years of smoking hydro have completely destroyed their brains, while others have smoked bushweed almost every day for literally DECADES and are incredibly sharp people that have quite clearly never been slowed down at all by drug use.

Amphetamines tend to be the worst for long term use - aggressive behaviour and so on...

This is of course not counting heroin and other drugs that by virtue of their addiction tend to lead to starvation and so on.

Of course theres the fact too that many drugs are made in backyard labs by peole who arent concerned with the harm that their methods may cause - hence my advice to people to do one of two things, if your going to take drugs, either take however long it takes you and learn to make them yourself responsibly or only ver accept drugs from people you know well and trust.

So long as peope know exactly what theyre taking and are in a safe environment and willing to accept responsibility for the consequences, I do not feel at all that drugs are inherently bad.

stfu noob

HSC
git_stuffd said:
Dnt Deny Sumthing Unless U Hav Tryed It
N Let People Continue There Freedom N Rite To Enjoy Drugs
People can tell you to do this or don't do that, but in the end it comes down to your own choices. At the end of the day, if you want to do drugs, you're going to do them regardless of what people say. Just remember that 'softer' drugs, party drugs whatever, they can lead to harder stuff. Not always, but occasionally is still too often. You know you're right fucked if you start injecting. And please learn to speak the english. :)

Last edited:

forster2005

HSC
all the dickhead here who are saying drugs are bad are fucked. they probably all into their books an say they against it all when they never evn tried it. once u try it then its ok to whinge but otherwise shut the fuck up

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i dont give a shit what people do

i dont like the dickheads who rave about drugs and complain they;re not having fun as with people who rave about sex, alcohol or whatever like its everything.

eg "omg i need drugs. *jumps up and down* drugs right now. this party blows i want drugs right now. fuck this, even though its my mates 21st, im going out to go get drugs."

other than that, if you're not a dick about it, it doesnt bother me.

L

liamflannery

forster2005 said:
all the dickhead here who are saying drugs are bad are fucked. they probably all into their books an say they against it all when they never evn tried it. once u try it then its ok to whinge but otherwise shut the fuck up
Like I said, do you need someone to shoot you to know it will hurt?

juicebox12

HSC
God, another fking drug thread.

Just to get a few things straight:
Hydro vs bush - hydro is more capable of causing psychotic episodes, given the excess chemicals used in the production process. Bush can still exacerbate mental illness issues. BUT marijuana will only negatively effect a person (in the long term) if they have a predisposed mental condition, or a family history. Even in those cases, it is only potentiated by large doses for elongated periods of time.

For most people, who don't have any underlying medical issues, it is essentially as harmless as smoking a cigarette, and is an enjoyable experience. However, it must be used in moderation, otherwise it WILL have adverse effects on you. In moderation however, there is very little risk in smoking it, and new studies have shown that in high doses, marijuana's active ingredient (THC) can cause the growth of new cells in the hippocampus (the part of the brain that allows learning new things). There's alot of scaremongering done by pressure groups (as well as the media), but pure scientific fact should be the only information that should be taken seriously.

Ecstasy (MDMA) - another reasonably harmless drug, PROVIDED that the user takes it very irregularly, and prepares him/herself for it adequately. Firstly, you are more likely to die from being arrested by the police than you are from a dose of MDMA. Before you take a pill, you should check with harm reduction sites such as www.pillreports.com , and test the ingredients of a pill with a testing kit, from www.enlighten.org.au . This will identify any adulterants, and tell you quite precisely what's in the pill. Should it test negative for harmful adulterants, and positive for MDMA, then you know its a 'clean' pill.

Another big worry was the death of Anna Woods, a schoolgirl in 1995. She did not die from ecstasy itself, but rather from lack of research into the drug, and not knowing what could happen. She had a clinical history of respiratory arrest, and after hours dancing, she died from hyponatraemia (drowning of the brain). This was because she literally drank herself to death - after dehydrating on the dance floor, she drank so much water afterwards that her body could not metabolise it. It is vitally important that someone who uses MDMA in conjunction with physical activity (ie dancing) should restrict themselves to no more than 700-800ml of liquid per hour. Sports drinks with electrolytes are better than water.

As far as the contamination of supposed ecstasy pills with other drugs like heroin and cocaine - this is stupid, as MDMA is much cheaper to produce than either coke or heroin, and putting those drugs in pill form is hugely unprofitable.

I can't be arsed writing more (should be working on EExt 1), but I'm gonna finish by saying as long as adequate precautions are taken, and as long as the substance in question is researched and moderation is observed, then the use of drugs can be a relatively low risk experience. And remember, most drugs are alot less dangerous than alcohol, but businesses stand to lose money by letting this truth out. That's a large part of the reason that drugs are portrayed by the media and the government as they are today. Look at other countries who have observed a harm reduction or legalisation campaign for drugs and users, and compare it to say Australia or the US - the difference is huge.

Mini Meiser

HSC
addymac said:
That depends on the drug in question. Furthermore if you have ever used drugs you'd know that the effect can vary wildly. That one batch can be uniformly bad eg last week two mates of mine got hooked up with some eccies one ended up angry and aggressive, lost 3kg of weight in one night and was still feeling the effects a week later. The other ended up in a foetal position crying.

Aside from short term effects long term use of drugs most definantly chnages your behaviour, indeed it changes you as a person. You can not look at junkies and not know that. ICE for instance over time literally eats away at your brain and you end up with the shakes. Your contention is that people who become addicted/fucked up were already fucked up, that is an incredibly poor postulation.

I know many social and regular users and dealers. I know just what long term use does to you, and its not pretty.

Your full of shit man, Canberra may have a slight drug problem but not to the extreme like people are fucked up in other places, im from Canberra and the worst shit is good shit which means that most dont suffer too much. Safest city in the world with a hell of a lotta reefa. Its completly your choice to take weak, rip-off canberra colledge drugs like pills and ice, you dont have to be smart to realise it is scutta.

Most people in canberra are cool and responsable
(the guys who clean windshields in civic are the exception)

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
juicebox12 said:
God, another fking drug thread.

Just to get a few things straight:
Hydro vs bush - hydro is more capable of causing psychotic episodes, given the excess chemicals used in the production process. Bush can still exacerbate mental illness issues. BUT marijuana will only negatively effect a person (in the long term) if they have a predisposed mental condition, or a family history. Even in those cases, it is only potentiated by large doses for elongated periods of time.

For most people, who don't have any underlying medical issues, it is essentially as harmless as smoking a cigarette, and is an enjoyable experience. However, it must be used in moderation, otherwise it WILL have adverse effects on you. In moderation however, there is very little risk in smoking it, and new studies have shown that in high doses, marijuana's active ingredient (THC) can cause the growth of new cells in the hippocampus (the part of the brain that allows learning new things). There's alot of scaremongering done by pressure groups (as well as the media), but pure scientific fact should be the only information that should be taken seriously.

Ecstasy (MDMA) - another reasonably harmless drug, PROVIDED that the user takes it very irregularly, and prepares him/herself for it adequately. Firstly, you are more likely to die from being arrested by the police than you are from a dose of MDMA. Before you take a pill, you should check with harm reduction sites such as www.pillreports.com , and test the ingredients of a pill with a testing kit, from www.enlighten.org.au . This will identify any adulterants, and tell you quite precisely what's in the pill. Should it test negative for harmful adulterants, and positive for MDMA, then you know its a 'clean' pill.

Another big worry was the death of Anna Woods, a schoolgirl in 1995. She did not die from ecstasy itself, but rather from lack of research into the drug, and not knowing what could happen. She had a clinical history of respiratory arrest, and after hours dancing, she died from hyponatraemia (drowning of the brain). This was because she literally drank herself to death - after dehydrating on the dance floor, she drank so much water afterwards that her body could not metabolise it. It is vitally important that someone who uses MDMA in conjunction with physical activity (ie dancing) should restrict themselves to no more than 700-800ml of liquid per hour. Sports drinks with electrolytes are better than water.

As far as the contamination of supposed ecstasy pills with other drugs like heroin and cocaine - this is stupid, as MDMA is much cheaper to produce than either coke or heroin, and putting those drugs in pill form is hugely unprofitable.

I can't be arsed writing more (should be working on EExt 1), but I'm gonna finish by saying as long as adequate precautions are taken, and as long as the substance in question is researched and moderation is observed, then the use of drugs can be a relatively low risk experience. And remember, most drugs are alot less dangerous than alcohol, but businesses stand to lose money by letting this truth out. That's a large part of the reason that drugs are portrayed by the media and the government as they are today. Look at other countries who have observed a harm reduction or legalisation campaign for drugs and users, and compare it to say Australia or the US - the difference is huge.

The mans talking a lot of sense.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
stfu noob said:
People can tell you to do this or don't do that, but in the end it comes down to your own choices. At the end of the day, if you want to do drugs, you're going to do them regardless of what people say. Just remember that 'softer' drugs, party drugs whatever, they can lead to harder stuff. Not always, but occasionally is still too often. You know you're right fucked if you start injecting. And please learn to speak the english. :)
Oh god... the gateway drug theory...

Don't even bother.

juicebox12

HSC
addymac said:
Furthermore if you have ever used drugs you'd know that the effect can vary wildly. That one batch can be uniformly bad eg last week two mates of mine got hooked up with some eccies one ended up angry and aggressive, lost 3kg of weight in one night and was still feeling the effects a week later. The other ended up in a foetal position crying.
MDMA (the synthesised phenthylamine compound often called ecstasy) is NOT addictive. Neither is marijuana. Addictive means that the body builds up a physical dependency on the drug, and the user must redose in order to maintain a feeling of normality.

MDMA is not physically addictive at all. If one takes it say, every day of the week (which is extraordinarily stupid), then all that happens is their serotonin level is extremely low, and the drug will cease to have any significant effect.

Marijuana is not physically addictive at all, but there are regular reports of people who are 'hooked'. This essentially means that they use it so frequently that they have developed a psychological dependency on it - they anticipate it so much that they constantly feel like redosing. This, however, is entirely dependent on the individual.

Addictive drugs usually antagonise the dopamine receptors in the brain. This leads to greater tolerance, and then to addiction. Cocaine and heroin (almost all opiates for that matter) have the ability to do this.

The key words are moderation and harm reduction. If you are smart about the substance, you are most likely going to have an enjoyable experience. However, if you don't follow advice from people and organisations who know what they are talking about, then you are at a much higher risk.

Hahahaha procrastination kicks ass. I'll just make up my Eng Ext 1 narrative tomorrow...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I did not suggest that either MDMA or THC were addictive. I believe the later to have a high rate of psychological dependence and of escalation into harder drugs but neither to be physically addictive.

mieser said:
Your full of shit man, Canberra may have a slight drug problem but not to the extreme like people are fucked up in other places, im from Canberra and the worst shit is good shit which means that most dont suffer too much. Safest city in the world with a hell of a lotta reefa. Its completly your choice to take weak, rip-off canberra colledge drugs like pills and ice, you dont have to be smart to realise it is scutta.
Everyone I know does not live in Canberra, I know people who are extremely fucked up by drugs who do not live in Canberra this does not detract from my statement. I also know people who have lived their whole lives in Canberra and are extremely fucked up by drugs.

Oh and most drugs available in Canberra arn't made here, the chemical ones head down from Sydney and hydro up from the Riverina. There are obvious small scale exceptions.

Due to the pissweak laws here THC is commonly used, it often serves as a stepping stone to harder drugs. You seem to suggest that THC = the bomb, MDMA, ICE etc etc = expensive rip-offs. Dare I suggest that given that this thread is centred on Schoolies and drugs that the drug of choice will be MDMA??

As a side note: For what it's worth I wouldn't be taking huge quantities while on schoolies because of the cost. You will be paying grossly inflated prices.

Most people in canberra are cool and responsable
(the guys who clean windshields in civic are the exception)
What do you have against the windshield washers? They work hard, long hours, the moneys not great and I daresay the flak they cop from dicks like you doesn't make it the nicest of jobs. More to the point though they arn't stealing from Supabarn, shooting up at maccas, passed out in the flats or the like. In fact I'd go as far as to say that in many ways they are more responsible than yourself.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
Drugs suck

if you need to take drugs to have fun...you really need help to know what fun is....its kinda Bladerunner/soma'ish isnt it?

Drugs kill, people get addicted{u cant honestly say that they dont!} some people make bad decisions...rape crime theft suicide......and some people react badly {violent, allergic reactions, bad batches}

Drugs dull our reactions and our perceptions....i dont know about anybody else but i like to be a woman in control of my own body

I respect my body and i feel sorry for those who do not

the only drug i condone is the chemical oxycitin:D

jesster88

HSC
overthaedge said:
hahaha omg, what are you living in the freaking simpsons with ned flanders. sorry but not everyone gets along that well with their family, or has a family, yeah itd make them sad, but shit happens, people die. Things usually happen for a reason.
As for dying after experimenting, yeah there are some absolute idiots out there who will mix some crazy combinations and OD as a result. But then theres also a think called researching and knowing the effects of what you take... which can pretty much be summed up under "responsible".
Kinda like drinking responsibly. Drinking can turn out to be just as bad when you're being stupid about it.
But most people will excuse that fact.
Yeah mixing sum wierd cominations , not reseaching the effects...

Well im glad that you have a BM surg and that u understand pharmacology. Im sure u carry a copy of the Mimms wherever you go. Because Dr O T Edge. BSc, BM BM Hons surg, im glad a fully qualified physician like yourself can make educated descisions regarding the chemicals you allow into your body.

Because i dont know if you realise but the drugs that get sold illegally are manufacturd illeagally, with no quality control. Im sure u have heard that when making speed or Ecstasy if an ingrediant is missing that it will be substituted with alternatives such as rat poison, asprin, codine, round up and other household drugs and chemicals.

But im sure with your advanced scientific knowledge u would run tests on it using your trusty pocket sized lab and your handy dandy calculator to gravimetrically calculate the molar concentration of rat poison in your ekkie.

Thankyou Dr O T. Edge for presenting your well educated opinion and i am sure we will all hit the internet and look up cocaine or heroin or see our family GP before we take and ekkie so that we can be properly educated before we onsume a rat poisin, codine based plesure drug.

juicebox12

HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
Drugs suck...

the only drug i condone is the chemical oxycitin:D

That's interesting. You'd be talking about oxycontin, a synthesised opiate (the same narcotic family heroin is a part of). This is one of the most destructive drugs around. It's prescription based, but highly addictive. It's good at what it is spose to do (kill pain), but it's even better at building a tolerance within its user and driving them to dependency. You can use it a few times, under strict medical authorisation, relatively harmlessly, but if it is used recreationally and stupidly, it can very easily get out of hand.

Drugs kill, people get addicted{u cant honestly say that they dont!} some people make bad decisions...rape crime theft suicide......and some people react badly {violent, allergic reactions, bad batches}
It's amazing you haven't locked yourself in your room at gunpoint. You need to start making your own judgement of the world around you, not relying on sensationalist reports from certain media outlets that disregard scientific fact for the next best thing - heresay and rumour. Considering you did the HSC in 2003, I'm going to assume that you haven't been clubbing or out in the party scene. Drugs are a part of our society, and once you realise and accept this, the better off you'll be. Your affinity for Oxycontin means that you are a drug user - no better than any other substance abuser.

Yes, drugs have killed. Yes, people have become addicted from their habits with illicit and legal substances. Yes, people have made bad decisions, yes people have been committed other crimes under the influence of drugs, and yes, some people do react badly. BUT do not, for ONE second, assume that all drug users are like this. Drug use is completely subjective - based around the user, and their psyche. Say 100 people from a selected sample use drugs, less than 1 of those people will have committed a crime (other than consuming the substance) whilst on the drug. People you pass every day, look up to, despise, love, hate - will use or have used drugs at one point in their lives.

Certainly, there are individuals in society who should not use these substances. And yes, these people's psychological issues will be exacerbated by CERTAIN substances. But the majority of people are just having a good time, relatively safely. Remember, should you follow a strict harm reduction and moderation regime, then 99% of the time, you will be ok.

Because i dont know if you realise but the drugs that get sold illegally are manufacturd illeagally, with no quality control. Im sure u have heard that when making speed or Ecstasy if an ingrediant is missing that it will be substituted with alternatives such as rat poison, asprin, codine, round up and other household drugs and chemicals.
Hahahahaha, you've gotta love current affairs style programs. I remember watching one of them where the story was 'Marijuana killed my son'. The program proceeded to blame this teenager's death on marijuana, ignoring the fact that the he had been diagnosed with a pre-disposed schizophrenic tendancy, and he had been drinking Jim Beam and inhaling glue all day. He then proceeded to eat some rat poison, and as a result, passed away. But, of COURSE it was marijuana's fault, its illegal!

There has been no recorded contamination of ecstasy tablets to date with ingredients like rat poison, plant poison, etc. Yes, it has been confirmed that some pills have been adulterated with other drugs like DXM, ketamine, PMA, and methamphetamine, but if you are going to take a drug like MDMA, then you MUST follow precautions when about to use it, such as harm reduction pill analysis websites, and pill testing kits (available online and from some tobacconists and records stores) which can tell you what adulterants (if any) are in your pill. You should also check with your doctor and family about any hereditary conditions, and how they may effect it. The only drug that is known to contain harsh industrial chemical traces is crystal methamphetamine, which can be synthesised (very stupidly) with drain cleaner. It is one of the drugs that should NOT be experimented with, as it can cause violent outbursts in people, and have harsh health implications due to purity issues. It is also quite hard to determine purity with this substance (unlike MDMA).

Anyway, party safe, and remember, if you decide to embark on drug use, you can have either an extremely positive or extremely negative time. It is all subjective. I'm not condoning drug use at all; I'm merely using facts to dispel some of the myths that surround drug use, brought on by certain parties. Remeber - harm reduction, and moderation, ARE A MUST!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
fucking hell

these extremists.

they're everywhere in this site.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
when i said ocyticin i meant the natural chemical produced in the blood when you are in love???????
im not a pharmicist...so i may have spelt it wrong...dont blame somone for thinking drugs are bad when theyve hurt people around me...im allowed to think what i want.
And i am doing my HSC this year...and i am in "that scene"
how immature and irrisponsible of you to condone drug use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)