Drugsdrugsdrugsdrugsdrugs (1 Viewer)

Luke_D

HSC
illmatic said:
alcohol is most probably the worst drug that exists. most drug deaths are alcohol related.....

:)
Hello? Is anybody listening to me? Alcohol is LEGAL and WIDESPREAD. Alcohol can have much more predictable effects, and to a lesser extent on people than illicit drugs. At least you know what is in alcohol. With pills, you could never know, how much of what is in them.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Luke_D said:
Hello? Is anybody listening to me? Alcohol is LEGAL and WIDESPREAD. Alcohol can have much more predictable effects, and to a lesser extent on people than illicit drugs. At least you know what is in alcohol. With pills, you could never know, how much of what is in them.

The fact the alcohol is legal doesn't make it good for you, and the fact that it's use is widespread is not a testement to it's percived safeness. If anything, the fact that alcohol use and abuse in this nation is so widespread is alarming! Alcohol does not have what I'd call predictable effects - I can drink and find myself severly depressed, or I can drink and be on top of the world. It makes some people happy, some people cry, some people aggressive and some extremely violent.

Pills, if you reference http://www.pillreports.com, are actually relativley safe. Moreover, many regular users have testing kits to tell whether or not pills are clean - some are laced with speed, others just a mix of odd chemicals - however testing kits, or simply using pillreports.com will give you a good idea of what to avoid.

Alcohol may be legal, but that does not make it harmless. Tell me, how many people do you know addicted to MDMA? How many people will blow rent money on MDMA? How many people will regularly turn violent on their spouses/children/mates when using MDMA? How many people have actually ODed on a CLEAN PILL? Alcohol may be legal, but as far as I can see, causes much more social problems than MDMA, but it's simply seen as part of our culture. And if you want proof that alcohol has a direction correlation to domestic violence, look at the rates of incidence. In rural NSW, the top 3 towns for domestic violence are:

1) Bourke
2) Walgett
3) Coonamble

You know what each of these towns share? An alarmingly high incidence of alcohol abuse. Every town has reported high levels of alcohol addiction and alcohol related offences. Each town has an amazingly high drinking culture, more than most other towns and definatly stronger than you'll ever see in Sydney. Yet these towns have very little drugs - many people I know who are born and bred Bourke are horrified by the use of drugs, yet have no problem getting completley plastered, picking fights, turning violent or simply going home with complete strangers. While people on MDMA are overly friendly/won't shut up/are all smacked out/just 'chill' etc very rarley end up in any kind of comfrontation - certainly don't cause violence. It's the contaminated pills you need to watch out for and once you get passed that problem, you're safer than getting drunk as far as i'm concerned.

The after-effects are also a problem. Alcohol also dehydrates brain cells through osmosis, hence the headaches the day after, they can lead to alcohol posining, provide a greater opportunity to spike drinks, and leaves you tired, run down and nausea for the next morning and can even go onto day 2. Long term effects like depression, brain damage, much higher chance of stroke, aids high blood pressure, increased chance of developing Type 2 diabetes, liver disease, chronic liver failure not to mention the social conequences such as family breakdown, addiction, domestic violence/child abuse, social isolation, loss of jobs, financial burden etc.

MDMA, suprisingly, does not have as much side/after effects. (Clean) pills leave you with a sore jaw from grinding, ones that hit hard do often have harsh come downs - such as a sudden drop in core body temp (which is dangerous if not looked after), feelings of depression as seritonin stabalises by suddenly ceasing it's release to recify the excess levels of the hormone. Everyone knows it overides your senses, so it's important to drink a sensible level of water - other wise you'll end up either dehydrated or you'll overload yourself with fluids and essentially your brain will drown within the excess fluids. Long term effects can involve several problems with your teeth - they can crack if you grind with no chewing gum, so lots of gum kids - and prolonged use can lead to disrupted seritonin levels - and, similar to those who use pot and have a natural predisposition to pyschosis or schizophrenia can develop the illnesses after a few session - MDMA can bring on illnessess such as bipolar and borderline personality disorder, as well as straight depression as the mood chemicals have been messed up with too many times, or it can simply bring the illness on earlier than it would have.

So yes, i'll admit, MDMA and pot do have negative consequences, but as far as i'm concered, they're on the same level as alcohol. While I'm not saying the use of illicit drugs is right, my point is, alcohol is just as detremental to society, if not moreso, the only real difference is it's legality. I simply find it very hypocrtical of people saying how bad MDMA and pot is, yet find no problem with alcohol and the health problems it causes. Working within the health system, I see far more far reaching problems and health concerns sprouting from alcohol use/abuse than I ever have from MDMA or smoking pot. The only exception I can think of is the 'Gateway Theory', one that is somewhat assuming in itself anyway and really isn't too well proven.

Those who say 'well, it's illegal so don't do it' have a point. Those who believe it causes so many social and health problems, yet condone alcohol are rather hypocritical.

Last edited:

Luke_D

HSC
White Rabbit said:
Alcohol may be legal, but that does not make it harmless.
I didn't say that. Of course it can be bad, but that is partly because it is so easily accessed and relatively cheap. As I've said before, if illicit drugs were as easily accessable and as cheap as alcohol, we would live in a messed up country. I'm well aware of the social effects alcohol can have.

I am convinced that any pill can have worse/more unpredictable effects than alcohol in small doses, purely for the reason that pills (even if you've had them tested), have more crap in them than alcohol. I won't be convinced other wise.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
White Rabbit said:
The fact the alcohol is legal doesn't make it good for you, and the fact that it's use is widespread is not a testement to it's percived safeness. If anything, the fact that alcohol use and abuse in this nation is so widespread is alarming! Alcohol does not have what I'd call predictable effects - I can drink and find myself severly depressed, or I can drink and be on top of the world. It makes some people happy, some people cry, some people aggressive and some extremely violent.

Pills, if you reference http://www.pillreports.com, are actually relativley safe. Moreover, many regular users have testing kits to tell whether or not pills are clean - some are laced with speed, others just a mix of odd chemicals - however testing kits, or simply using pillreports.com will give you a good idea of what to avoid.

Alcohol may be legal, but that does not make it harmless. Tell me, how many people do you know addicted to MDMA? How many people will blow rent money on MDMA? How many people will regularly turn violent on their spouses/children/mates when using MDMA? How many people have actually ODed on a CLEAN PILL? Alcohol may be legal, but as far as I can see, causes much more social problems than MDMA, but it's simply seen as part of our culture. And if you want proof that alcohol has a direction correlation to domestic violence, look at the rates of incidence. In rural NSW, the top 3 towns for domestic violence are:

1) Bourke
2) Walgett
3) Coonamble

You know what each of these towns share? An alarmingly high incidence of alcohol abuse. Every town has reported high levels of alcohol addiction and alcohol related offences. Each town has an amazingly high drinking culture, more than most other towns and definatly stronger than you'll ever see in Sydney. Yet these towns have very little drugs - many people I know who are born and bred Bourke are horrified by the use of drugs, yet have no problem getting completley plastered, picking fights, turning violent or simply going home with complete strangers. While people on MDMA are overly friendly/won't shut up/are all smacked out/just 'chill' etc very rarley end up in any kind of comfrontation - certainly don't cause violence. It's the contaminated pills you need to watch out for and once you get passed that problem, you're safer than getting drunk as far as i'm concerned.

Alcohol has a very bad effect on people...but whats to say you have to drink to get drunk??? i drink knowing that what i drink can be good for me...i drink knowing that i dont need to be drinking to have fun and i know the limits
i think you need help if u think noone has OD'd from clean pills, and i think its super dumb if you feel that you need to take drugs to have fun
The towns you listed dear...do have drug problems...indeed alcohol is a major Problem but is not really the root of the social issues in those places, you may want to investigate that.
there is no such thing as being safe whilst taking drugs....pills are hard drugs...if you want to experiment with mdma ....whats stopping you from experimenting with heroin? experiment what you like...its really not my problem..im just saying that it is indeed very very dangerous and by coming onto this site and trying to prove that drugs are "safe" made me angry....do u know the statistics?
do u know the numbers?
have you seen the effects of drugs? do you want to die? are you prepared to risk it?
i get very very sad when i think about young people who have such briight futures...who arent in the grasps of poverty who are safe and healthy...would want to experiment with things that are just irrelivent, dangerous and downright stupid

Last edited by a moderator:

hall of mirrors

HSC
juicebox speaks alot of sense

juicebox12 said:
I'd appreciate it if people like yourself weren't so judgemental. My decision is exactly that - my conscious decision, and it doesn't involve you. People like you grow up to be old and bitter, simply because you somehow manage to find offence in other people's decisions, especially ones that don't effect you, and have nothing to do with you.

So unless I 'beat you up' on some 'drug-induced violence spree', then keep your judgement to yourself. It just adds tension to the world.

And in the remote possibility that you were serious, then thanks. I do hope it is a positive experience for me.

I feel the need to experiment because I live by the philosophy of achieving as much as you can in life; having as many new experiences as you can. We are only down here for a relatively short period of time, you may as well make the most of it.

The benefit of taking a drug for recreational purposes is to induce a new perspective on the world around you,...
I know where your coming from.

and as for u 'sarah is happy' ur a fucking retard. before telling other people to 'enjoy themselves' why dont you go jump off a cliff and keep your lectures for your children or people that give a shit about why YOU(aka society,media, a current affair) PERCEIVE drugs to be bad.

oh and wow your interelating your study of Brave New World into this debate how clever. If you actually delved deeper into the philosphical content of that book, you might not have been as stupid to bring it into this debate and use it to defend you. Aldoux Huxley experimented with drugs, in his book "Doors or Perception- Heaven and Hell" HE PERSONALLY takes Mescalin, and writes about how taking something like that allowed him to be free of all society-based preconceptions about the world, and allowed him, for the first time, TO THINK FOR HIMSELF and be natural. so dont bring Brave New World into this, if anything all BNW does for this argument is emphasise how important it is to have your own opinions which are not tainted by society.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
hall of mirrors said:
I know where your coming from.

and as for u 'sarah is happy' ur a fucking retard. before telling other people to 'enjoy themselves' why dont you go jump off a cliff and keep your lectures for your children or people that give a shit about why YOU(aka society,media, a current affair) PERCEIVE drugs to be bad.

oh and wow your interelating your study of Brave New World into this debate how clever. If you actually delved deeper into the philosphical content of that book, you might not have been as stupid to bring it into this debate and use it to defend you. Aldoux Huxley experimented with drugs, in his book "Doors or Perception- Heaven and Hell" HE PERSONALLY takes Mescalin, and writes about how taking something like that allowed him to be free of all society-based preconceptions about the world, and allowed him, for the first time, TO THINK FOR HIMSELF and be natural. so dont bring Brave New World into this, if anything all BNW does for this argument is emphasise how important it is to have your own opinions which are not tainted by society.

arent you just a charming person...
these forums hare here so we can all say what we think about these issues im sorry if you dont like what i think

Luke_D

HSC
hall of mirrors said:
Aldoux Huxley experimented with drugs, in his book "Doors or Perception- Heaven and Hell" HE PERSONALLY takes Mescalin, and writes about how taking something like that allowed him to be free of all society-based preconceptions about the world, and allowed him, for the first time, TO THINK FOR HIMSELF and be natural.
Mescaline (drug)
"TO THINK FOR HIMSELF and be natural" Well aint this guy just a contradiction. Wooow, this guy must have had problems. Taking drugs to be natural, hmmm. So what if it's found naturally, a drugs a drugs :)

Last edited:

a8o

HSC
Luke_D said:
...I knew how much paracetamol I swallowed when I took a panadol this morning.

a8o

HSC
Luke_D said:
HaaHaa very funny :rolleyes: We're talking about illigal drugs incase you were wondering. :rolleyes:
Not trying to be funny. If pills were sold over the counter, their contents could be regulated, measured and an informed decision about the extent of side effects could be made by the individual.

Last edited:

a8o

HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
i have some questions....look at the statistics
Provide me with the relevant ones.

...how many rapes are connected with drug use?
Good question.

how many suicides are connected with drug use?
How many?

we live in a society who value youth.....why cant the youth value themsleves, their own bodies and minds.
Do we?

What's your point?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Luke_D said:
I didn't say that. Of course it can be bad, but that is partly because it is so easily accessed and relatively cheap. As I've said before, if illicit drugs were as easily accessable and as cheap as alcohol, we would live in a messed up country. I'm well aware of the social effects alcohol can have.

I am convinced that any pill can have worse/more unpredictable effects than alcohol in small doses, purely for the reason that pills (even if you've had them tested), have more crap in them than alcohol. I won't be convinced other wise.
answer me this: if heroin was made legal would you try it? I know I wouldn't. None of my friends would.
If alcohol was made illegal: would less people consume it? There'd be ways to obtain alcohol.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
Alcohol has a very bad effect on people...but whats to say you have to drink to get drunk??? i drink knowing that what i drink can be good for me...i drink knowing that i dont need to be drinking to have fun and i know the limits
Just like you can take a quanity of a drug until you feel you've reached your limits.

i think you need help if u think noone has OD'd from clean pills, and i think its super dumb if you feel that you need to take drugs to have fun
I think you're dumb because you have no evidence or knowledge about drug overdoses. There have been practically no overdoses even from unclean pills. It's possible to overdose on mdma, but these are retards who take way too many pills.

The towns you listed dear...do have drug problems...indeed alcohol is a major Problem but is not really the root of the social issues in those places, you may want to investigate that.
Drugs don't necessarily correlate to domestic abuse. Alcohol, however, does. Have a look at drug taking locations (nimbin, newtown) and check the incidence of domestic abuse: not very high. In fact there aren't many drugs which bring on the effects of aggression (apart from some stimulants, which don't include MDMA)

there is no such thing as being safe whilst taking drugs....pills are hard drugs...if you want to experiment with mdma ....whats stopping you from experimenting with heroin? experiment what you like...its really not my problem..im just saying that it is indeed very very dangerous and by coming onto this site and trying to prove that drugs are "safe" made me angry....do u know the statistics?
do u know the numbers? have you seen the effects of drugs? do you want to die? are you prepared to risk it?
1) yes, there is a thing as being safe whilst taking drugs. trusty source, testing etc. That's like saying you cant be safe whilst drunk.
2) Hahahhah because heroin and mdma are different drugs. That's like saying 'if you punch someone, what's to stop you from going on a murdering rampage?'. Mdma is far less addictive (in fact it bears no real physical addiction), far more accessible, far safer etc etc than heroin.
3) Do you know the numbers? No you don't. There is far less chance of dying from mdma than alcohol (directly + indirectly)

Luke_D

HSC
a8o said:
Not trying to be funny. If pills were sold over the counter, their contents could be regulated, measured and an informed decision about the extent of side effects could be made by the individual.
Good point. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Luke_D said:
Good point. :)
It is an excellent point. If drugs are regulated in supply, then the government could also put on taxation for them. This taxation can be used to educate the public into drugs as well as to fund education, hospitals and other infrastructure.

a8o

HSC
Except...it's too radical, and if I were going into politics I'd never propose it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
of course it is radical. beneficial - maybe. securing votes - no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)