Drugsdrugsdrugsdrugsdrugs (1 Viewer)

sarahlouiseir

HSC
here are the facts...and these websites arent ones of personal opinion, they are govermental departments.

http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/phe/sdua02/sdua02.pdf
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Meetings/MDMA/MDMAExSummary.html
as for rape
http://www.doristate.com/predatory_drugs.htm

death and drugs

http://www.aic.gov.au/research/drugs/deaths/opiateovdth.html

is drug use linked to crime?
http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/crm/crm022t.html
http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/cfi/cfi090.html

you are deluded if you dont believe that drugs are a bad thing *shakes head*
good luck with that....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
here are the facts...and these websites arent ones of personal opinion, they are govermental departments.
http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/phe/sdua02/sdua02.pdf
as for rape
death and drugs

is drug use linked to crime?

you are deluded if you dont believe that drugs are a bad thing *shakes head*
good luck with that....
ummm....HAHAHAHAH!!! you make me laugh. Governmental deparments aren't a matter of opinion? The aim of the government's current policy is to eliminate drug use all together. One thing you learn in econometrics, statistics and marketing research: never trust a government source. Hell, the recent water treatment plant is a great example with questions like "should a desalination plant be introduced or would you rather drink your own excrement?".
Now, the aihw source is relatively reliable. They are more objective than most of the others. However, look at the crime stats:
Table 10.10: Proportion of male prisoners(a) who self-reported being under the influence(b) of alcohol or illicit drugs at the time of offence, by age, type of offence and type of drug used at the time of offence, Australia, 2001
It doesn't seperate the two.
Now, 43.5% of people who are in prison were reported as having drug dependencies. Yes, people who are dependent on drugs such as heroin, crack etc will likely commit offenses, based on the fact that they won't be able to hold jobs. These people are commonly known as 'junkies'. Our discussion isn't using highly addictive substances repeatedly to the point of addiction, but rather experimentation with drugs. Furthermore, 20% of people had an addiction to alcohol. That's quite large considering the fact that alcohol is not a very addictive substance. Also, take the marijuana dependencies with a grain of salt: it has 1/4 of the addictive properties of alcohol (Times 2003). Also, I can almost guarantee you that stoned people will be too lazy to commit a crime :p It's cheapness also means people don't have to rob etc to fulfil their needs.

What do you have to say by that? That if someone uses ecstasy repeatedly for a long time, it's bad for them? Wow, they must have commissioned Einstein to come up with that.

So you're saying that it's possible to drug someone to rape them? OGM! Who would have thought! It doesn't say that people under the effects of these drugs will rape someone, it's saying people under the effects of drugs can get raped (this includes alcohol).

You make me laugh again. These are death rates for heroin and related drugs 'opiates'.

More importantly, it is assumed that drug use causes crime. The criminological evidence to support this belief is not as strong as some might imagine.
Thank you for proving yourself wrong here.

Where's a comparisson to something for me? it's just a table showing whether people in drug related crimes used drugs first, used drugs at the same time, or planned ot use drugs after the crime was committed.

I thank you for adding nothing to the debate. Perhaps you should look through the articles before linking to them.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
Alcohol has a very bad effect on people...but whats to say you have to drink to get drunk??? i drink knowing that what i drink can be good for me...i drink knowing that i dont need to be drinking to have fun and i know the limits
The majority of people our age will invariably get drunk. In fact, many Uni's have such a strong drinking culture, they'll have nights assigned specifically to get plastered.

i think you need help if u think noone has OD'd from clean pills, and i think its super dumb if you feel that you need to take drugs to have fun
People do not overdose on MDMA dickhead, they die from fluid overloads or dehydration - or because they have taken contaiminated pills.

'Super dumb'? I think you're the one in need of help sunshine. Please take your preaching back to the safe confines of Hillsong, where it belongs.

The towns you listed dear...do have drug problems...indeed alcohol is a major Problem but is not really the root of the social issues in those places, you may want to investigate that.
Well, seeing as how my family is from Walgett, one of my closest friends from Bourke and I know several people from Coonmable, perhaps you'd like to retract that statement. Seeing as how I know FOR A FACT that drugs are so minimal in these areas, and I know first hand just how much a problem alcohol is. More to the point, you'd find most social issues in these towns are a direct result of alcohol - so please enlighten me, what do you bring to the table to prove this to the contray?

there is no such thing as being safe whilst taking drugs....pills are hard drugs...if you want to experiment with mdma ....whats stopping you from experimenting with heroin? experiment what you like...its really not my problem..im just saying that it is indeed very very dangerous and by coming onto this site and trying to prove that drugs are "safe" made me angry....do u know the statistics?
do u know the numbers?
have you seen the effects of drugs? do you want to die? are you prepared to risk it?
Get the hell over yourself would you! What gives YOU the right to pass judgment on other people? Your 'Holier-than-Thou' attitude pisses me off! Have YOU seen the damage alcohol causes? Have you visited an A&E and seen the aftermath? A beated up wife. Spiked drinks (the equivilent of dirty pills, if you you - just with different intentions). Alcohol poisoning. A dead body after someone got behind the wheel. Every single person knows someone effected by alcohol abuse - if you dont, then you're bloody lucky. I've seen the devestation alcohol causes and will state that I believe alcohol is more detremental to the individual and to society than MDMA.

I may not know number, but clearly neither do you. MDMA is NOT hard - Heroin is HARD. MDMA isn't even addictive, you moron. And this 'Do you want to die' crap? If I wanted to die I'd take two packs of panadol and let myself go into liver failure rather than one or two pills here and there. Did you know that sunshine? You can OD on panadol too - maybe we should take that off the shelf too!!

Oh, and in regards to heroin? I'd never take it, and you'd find alot of pill users wont either - many simply wont inject ANYTHING, while others aren't after what heroin does - they're different drugs used for different purposes.

i get very very sad when i think about young people who have such briight futures...who arent in the grasps of poverty who are safe and healthy...would want to experiment with things that are just irrelivent, dangerous and downright stupid
Because, after all, alcohol is just oh so safe....

Last edited:

Luke_D

HSC
stazi said:
answer me this: if heroin was made legal would you try it? I know I wouldn't. None of my friends would.
If alcohol was made illegal: would less people consume it? There'd be ways to obtain alcohol.
Of course there'd be ways to obtain alcohol if it was illegal. The same way as illegal drugs are now. My point is that you don't hear about as many incidences' involving illegal drugs because they aren't as wide spread.

Last edited:

Liza-LaBoheme

Inside a cave, hiding under blankets while strokin
HSC
To my knowledge alcohol and drug abuse are not the root cause of social problems but a symptem of them. Most commonly, alcohol is used as a means of escape from the ravages of poverty and the other problems that brings such as domestic violence. Experience those problems yourself cold sober and then preach.
Oh and I doubt Hillsong would let you in without a jug of Gloria Jean's in your hand. Extremism and caffeine are never a good mix

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Liza-LaBoheme said:
To my knowledge alcohol and drug abuse are not the root cause of social problems but a symptem of them. Most commonly, alcohol is used as a means of escape from the ravages of poverty and the other problems that brings such as domestic violence. Experience those problems yourself cold sober and then preach.
Oh and I doubt Hillsong would let you in without a jug of Gloria Jean's in your hand. Extremism and caffeine are never a good mix

Thats so simplistic it's laughable. And if the 'Experience and the Preach" was directed at me, well sunshine, I have. No, I've not personally experienced domestic violence, but I have experienced rather violent violations that would not occured had the other party not been intoxicated. Moreover, I've experienced the financial burdens of alcohol addiction within my immediate family. I've also been advised, thanks to my lovley family history, I'm exhibiting signs of alcohol abuse and dependancy - and my drinking problem is of far greater concerns to my GP, shrink and counsellor than my use of recreational drugs has ever been.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
white rabit, ure a dumdum times 50 :p
the preaching was meant for that other stupid girl.
the post was about how poverty, abuse etc arent easy to fight sober, thus people drink, do drugs etc.

Harold Bishop

HSC
Lol i dont give a fukk if people take drugs, its so hilarious watching them making a fool out of themselves and then trying to reassure themselves that drugs are fine.

I know a girl who takes pingers all the time, and she full downplays the side-effects and says that it is safer then alcohol, but then she is the same girl experiencing depression and a total loss of personality.

*Shakes head at friend who wastes 400 bucks on drugs in one night, while his brain burns away*

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
stazi said:
white rabit, ure a dumdum times 50 :p
the preaching was meant for that other stupid girl.
the post was about how poverty, abuse etc arent easy to fight sober, thus people drink, do drugs etc.

Hehe...Ooops. When put like that, the statment makes sense.

I read it as - Alcohol doesn't cause problems, it's used to escape them - which while in some cases it's true, it really is just one vicious circle. Alcohol addiction causes poverty, which deepens a persons depression and increases their need ofr the drink and round and round it goes. Kids come into the world, think drinking is normal - and when they realise that 3 or 4 beers every day at home alone is not normal, they're already dependant on it.

Also, $400 in a night for pills is ridiculous...thats 10 - 12 pills. Also, many people will turn to drugs like MDMA when they're suffereing depression because it gives them a release from the norm - either nobody noticed the depression previously, or as with most forms of treatment it was shit and didnt work. I've always had...whatever the fuck I have now (when the doctors can finally decide what exactly that is) - rereactional drug use did exacerbate the problem, but like I said, the greatest source of concern was alcohol abuse, which often will magnify my already extreme mood swings.

There is also a common misconception that MDMA and pot will cause depression, psychosis, bipolar, borderline, scizophrenia etc when what it actually does is trigger people who have a natural predisposition to it. So while thats hardly positive, it's useful to know that it doesn't actually cause these illnesses. That said, alcohol also causes people to fall into depression, which is why so many people take their own lives intentionally while under the influence of alcohol.

Liza-LaBoheme

Inside a cave, hiding under blankets while strokin
HSC
The "experience and preach" was directed at Sarah_Is_Happy, and, more or less i happen to agree with you so you can jump off ur soap-box temporarily. My base argument was that you can not blame social problems and self-alienation on drug and alcohol dependance. In most circumstances, it is only after the socio-economic problems are resolved that drug abuse (not use) can be reduced.

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
Liza-LaBoheme said:
The "experience and preach" was directed at Sarah_Is_Happy, and, more or less i happen to agree with you so you can jump off ur soap-box temporarily. My base argument was that you can not blame social problems and self-alienation on drug and alcohol dependance. In most circumstances, it is only after the socio-economic problems are resolved that drug abuse (not use) can be reduced.
Haha druggo.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Liza-LaBoheme said:

Yes you can. It's one vicious circle.

HSC
drugs? whatever. its your choice.
too many other people have told you the physical and pyschological effects of taking drugs so im not even going to get into that.
thankfully not many of my friends are on drugs. but the one or two people i klnow that do drugs, mainly at parties, sit by themselves and space out, not joining into the conversation and usually just sitting there and listening to their music.
they become so boring. i think it's rude, to be invited to a party then take whatever and sit there zoned out, having no idea what is happening, not contributing. also, drugs lower your sex drive.

drugs make you boring. who wants to be around boring people?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
*caramel adele* said:
drugs? whatever. its your choice.
too many other people have told you the physical and pyschological effects of taking drugs so im not even going to get into that.
thankfully not many of my friends are on drugs. but the one or two people i klnow that do drugs, mainly at parties, sit by themselves and space out, not joining into the conversation and usually just sitting there and listening to their music.
they become so boring. i think it's rude, to be invited to a party then take whatever and sit there zoned out, having no idea what is happening, not contributing. also, drugs lower your sex drive.

drugs make you boring. who wants to be around boring people?
Not all drugs make you boring :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Many amphetamines such as coke and speed def don't lower your sex drive.

overthaedge

HSC
drugs make you boring?
yeah when the scatteredness kicks in.
although when you're peaking with e you talk A LOT, and are more like the life of the party, of course thats temporary, and it affects people differently. As for other drugs, like special k, coke, speed its never actually made me space out or tune out. Only when you're coming down off e.

and, with e i think for females it has the opposite affect, increases their sex drive- or so ive heard from friends and my own experience. but stas is right, speed and coke doesnt decrease it for either gender.

but then those are just my opinions.

EmilyCrystal

HSC
people should seriously stop posting shit if they dont know what they are talking about!! i work for red cross at underground 'illegal' raves in sydney. i deal with a shit load of children on pills every weekend. But ive been doing this for two years... i probably treat about 10 to 12 people a night every saturday night and ive only ever sent one person to hospital because of an overdose. The people i treat normally just need to chill out and relax a bit because they've been dancing 'too hard'! you may be suprised but people actully do know what there taking and how its gonna affect them before they take it. Ive watched so many people go through the drug stage and come out as normal healthy humans. If your gonna post that drugs make you boring and lower your sex drive and fuck you up physically and all that bullshit at least reseach what your saying before you say it and dont just repeat what the majority of people think is right! And definitly dont say that alcohol is okay and right because i treat a shitload more people at clubs for injuries from fighting while drunk, doing stupid things while drunk and for drinking to much while drunk and ive sent many more people to hospital for drinking. Also if drinking is so good why are there so many deaths due to it each year! you guys really need to step outside your little 'bubble' that society has placed you in and look around and learn to think for yourself. im not saying that drugs are absolutley okay and that everyone should do them and im not saying alcohol is the devil either. i dont take drugs but i dont judge those who do, i respect their decsions and im there to help them out if they fuck up and i dont go around talking about shit that i really dont know!!
If you dont agree with drugs fine dont take them but dont go around judging others and stop preaching your shit about how bad they are when you really dont know what your talking about!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Good post emily.

I, for one, have taken drugs before. In year 10 I was a big pothead - smoking a few times a week. In year 11 I still smoked a lot of weed. in year 12 i kind of stopped doing it. now i may do it 4-5 times a year.

ecstasy i used to take quite a bit in early year 12
I also had a bit of a speed thing in year 12.

this year I've tried cocaine recently.

I also drink heavily once a week during uni.

With all that in mind, I am one of the top students at the University of Sydney, I'm very sociable and I'm horny as fuck :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)