• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dux of school (1 Viewer)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
I wouldn't like the idea of dux being based on UAI though, because that would unfairly rule out students who opted not to get one.
Most schools have their top students getting a UAI. It's very rare that a non-top student completely blitzes the HSC exams and fights against their ranks to get dux. I'm sure schools in which top students aren't getting a UAI would make adjustments so that they can be ranked alongside their UAI competitors. But if they're only doing 8 units, or aren't elligible for one, they don't really deserve dux.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Most schools have their top students getting a UAI. It's very rare that a non-top student completely blitzes the HSC exams and fights against their ranks to get dux. I'm sure schools in which top students aren't getting a UAI would make adjustments so that they can be ranked alongside their UAI competitors. But if they're only doing 8 units, or aren't elligible for one, they don't really deserve dux.
true- i've never heard of top students not asking for a uai. LoL

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i was the DUX of my skool :D n also i got the highest uai in my skool :) :D

hoping 2 do extremely well in uni again!!:)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
hey keypad.. did the other dux of ur school get the same uai as u.. or are u both just duxes cuz u topped a subject each
We both got 99.75 as well as topping a subject each.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Dux doesnt depend on how u'd go in uni!.....uni is not school...its much different..if u dont know...so i hope people mustnt keep their hopes too high! :D

and hey guess what there is *alot* of group work in uni...

ive had ppl tell me like in commerce even the people with a uai of 99 failed subjects....so yeah there you go!

Last edited:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i got notification for dux today, speech night on 24th. but i didn't top anything, so its gonna be embarrasing go up on stage :(

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
i got notification for dux today, speech night on 24th. but i didn't top anything, so its gonna be embarrasing go up on stage :(
It's not so much embarrasing getting up there, as it is freaking scary, considering there are 1700 people sitting in front of you.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
It's not so much embarrasing getting up there, as it is freaking scary, considering there are 1700 people sitting in front of you.
sbhs, even though its a gps school, does not have a hall on par with iggies. and its speech night, so only parents and recipients attend, not the whole school, which is only about 1100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)