• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

eating in exams (2 Viewers)

HSC
pro tip: on the day of ur final exam fill your clear no labelled water bottle with straight vodka, or any other straight spirit u like.

when (or if) u fiinish early start getting really really drunk in the last hour or so of the exam.

stumble out of the hall screaming when the exams are finally done :)
haha i love that idea!

everyone who still has exams left, lets see who can bring the most food into the exam and eat it HAHAHA :D

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I would like to see the supervisors for the standard english exam at my school try to force 245 kids to spit out their gum.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
pro tip: On the day of ur final exam fill your clear no labelled water bottle with straight vodka, or any other straight spirit u like.

When (or if) u fiinish early start getting really really drunk in the last hour or so of the exam.

Stumble out of the hall screaming when the exams are finally done :)
hahahaha.

Sarebs

HSC
Different schools will have different rules for internal exams,

BUT I did a HSC exam last year and to my shock there were kids in there eating lollies and skittles!!! They were in a clear container and there was less than ten of us, and it was some OLD ladies supervising, so that could have been why they were so lenient.

ami8000

HSC
just wondering, are students allowed to eat during exams?
obviously not like full packets of chips and shit that makes so much noise + is distracting
but as in chew gum, suck on lollies etc
Chewing gum isn't really a good idea, its notorious for making you hungry. Something you don't want in a 3 hr exam.

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
hmmz don't eat foods that time to process or your body's going to be concentrating on digesting instead of the mind. At the same time have a good breakfast in the morning and umm gum = saliva = laxative effect i think.. anywaayz i know it makes u hungry. mite make u concentrate more though but at the same time hurt your jaw after a while. don't procrastinate.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah, iMAN2 is right. Don't eat too much before or during an exam. it makes you sleepy

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I heard somewhere that if you chew mint gum when you study and then again in exams it helps you store and recall information in your long term memory.

hollaholla

HSC
I heard somewhere that if you chew mint gum when you study and then again in exams it helps you store and recall information in your long term memory.
there was actually a question in the UMAT preparation material based on this theory...!!

sickk

HSC
brought bacon egg muffin, hot cakes and 2 hash browns into my exam today, not a peep, except from glaring students envying me :)

0hNivlek

HSC
Lol. Today during my trials, a teacher walked in and gave each student in her class a bunch of chocolate/lollies. The teachers were eating it too. LOL @ wrapping noises. Nobody cared though lol.

shady145

Banned
HSC
*runs across the road to buy gum*
hehe i actually did ^^ they never had any plain mint, but instead peppermint and sweet mint.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
LOL. When I read the topic title I straight away thought of someone trying to silently eat a packet of chips XD

I always chew gum in exams.. Lozenges should be permitted :p

If it distracts students/puts them at a disadvantage it ain't allowed- I don't really see how eating can do either. I can sorta see the distraction part, but you would have to chew your food like a cow for it to be a distraction...

On the distraction part, I am so tempted to bring my Hannah Montana** singing pen/Napoleon Dynamite talking pen into one of my trial exams, and press it just to piss everyone off.. But I'll get kicked out for it *le sigh*

**Don't like Hannah Montana- I like annoying people and it is an annoying object :)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i remember a girl did last year in prelims and a girl the year before in trials nothing happened either timed jsut got told not to do that in the HSC. It pretty fun when all you heard was donkey singing "why can't we be friends" in the middle of a maths paper. XD

mooo

HSC
Lol. Today during my trials, a teacher walked in and gave each student in her class a bunch of chocolate/lollies. The teachers were eating it too. LOL @ wrapping noises. Nobody cared though lol.
LOL same here, our eco teacher was giving us those starbursts chewy things during the paper, 1 at the beginning and 1 halfway through :)

samthebear

HSC
O_O i know so many people who went though the exams eating sweets and stuff O_O so is it allowed or not? its technically not allowed but people still do it anyway?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
meh, im normally chewing on some sort of lolly/gum/other stuffs during an exam, the supervisors dont seem to care..

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
*runs across the road to buy gum*
hehe i actually did ^^ they never had any plain mint, but instead peppermint and sweet mint.
lol, don't get too excited, "excessive consumption may cause laxative effect".
Imagine that in an exam, it would be horrifying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)