English advanced paper 1 Short answer Tips? (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Some schools want n techniques- they force it onto students e.g ruse
It’s stupid
In HSC you don’t need more than n-1 otherwise it’s just not doable for many people unless u have a ton of practice
Bc obv u need space to have ur topic and time to think
That being said I think if ur unsure of a text just add in a bunch of extra techniques like I did 5 techniques for a three marker in trials cuz I had extra time just in case to secure the bag

Cardscook77

HSC
THANK YOUUUU

can you give us an example for like a three/four marker from HSC last year I just want to see it in action 😭
How do you stop whatever you're writing from sounding like disjointed random techniques one after the other??? I feel like I just go:

THESIS/ATQ. The metaphor of "quote" demonstrates ATQ. Similarly, the natural imagery of "quote" reflects the blah. The author's simile "quote" does this.

And that's it.... we don't need concluding "Hence this and this" statements... right?
To stop it sounding disjointed, maybe add linking words like additionally, furthermore, however, finally, before some sentences (not all though). Also if the sentences are long enough they will naturally not sound disjointed. E.g. The symbolic act of quote demonstrates B, that results from C (link back to question).

This is an example from my trials last year.
Note: This is an awful response. Not only have I completely misinterpreted the text and it’s message (covid-19), there is a grammar mistake, lines that I don’t think make sense if you read them enough times, and honestly was utter bs I conjured up on the spot.

However, it was enough for full marks.
Because:
  • I was specific and answered the question in the first line. “Powerful language…shared experience of…”
  • Had at least three quotes and techniques to support my idea I stated in the first sentence.
  • I integrated my quotes into my sentences.
  • I made sure the marker knew I was answering the specific question in the end. “As a collective shared experience”.
  • I filled up all the lines.
I can give some more examples from my trials if you want but I think as long as you do what they want you to do, it should be fine. I just wanted to show you a response that’s not perfect, not at all good, but was enough to get full marks.

Attachments

abelsj01

HSC
last minute but i just came across a comparative 5 marker in a fort st paper. how many pieces of evidence would i need here?

Cardscook77

HSC
last minute but i just came across a comparative 5 marker in a fort st paper. how many pieces of evidence would i need here?
The rule is number of marks minus one for quotes and techniques, but if you can add more techniques (and quotes if you need to fill out the lines) its obviously better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)