English Analysationingness (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Is this good analysationingness?
In the lines "when we fell in love you made my heart drop / and you had me thinkin' 'bout you nonstop / but you cried 'bout this and whined about that. / When you grow a pear, you can call me back." Ke$ha is expressing that at the beginning of her relationship she felt a sense of belonging to the man in question but then she became irritated by the man's womanly mannerisms and decided to end the relationship as at the beginning of the relationship she "signed up for a man" but he was "just a bitch". This man could possibly be Stephen as represented in her song Stephen, in the lines, "Stephen, / I'll knit you a sweater. / I want to wrap you up in my love. / Forever. / I will never let you go Stephen. / I'll never let go." Although it is highly unlikely as Ke$ha seems to have an unnecessary bond with this individual from their first meeting and she will never let him go. It is also unlikely that the aforementioned male in Grow A Pear is Stephen because in the lines "Stephen. / Why won't you call me? / I'm sitting here waiting. / Why won't you call me? / Stephen. / I'm feeling pathetic. / I can't take rejection. / Why won't you call me? // Stephen, / I'm thinking' that maybe, / You might think I'm / Crazy! / Is that why you won't, / Call me? / Steve, / Don't you think I'm / Pretty? / Do you not, / Love me? / Is that why you won't call me?" it seems that this male, Stephen, has broken her heart and their ties of belonging before Ke$ha had a chance.
EDIT: I really want to know if Ke$ha's songs would be alright for Belonging for a speech at an all guys school on Thursday which I won't start until Thursday morning. Also, yes, I do want to get the shit kicked out of me.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No. You've used too many quotes, and not given the technique as to how those lyrics (apart from the words) evoke the themes necessary to prove your argument.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
No. You've used too many quotes, and not given the technique as to how those lyrics (apart from the words) evoke the themes necessary to prove your argument.
What if my argument is that Ke$ha is a dirty slut?
Also, I forgot to put this in the question thingy, but I mostly want to know if her songs would be alright for Belonging for a speech at an all guys school on Thursday which I won't start until thursday morning.

HSC
I would generally avoid songs, particularly mainstream Kesha ones... Look into the Beatles, Pink Floyd and other more lyrically inclined artists.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Her songs would be fine no matter which school you attended. Although it's probably not the strongest text you could be using.

What if my argument is that Ke$ha is a dirty slut?
Still needs more techniques. You need more than lyrics. Rhythm and rhyme are the easiest. Ideally, you should also be looking at the songs structure, key, timbre, vocal techniques, instruments, mood, melody etc. They are just as important when analysing a song.

ibbi00

HSC
With your level of ability, or lack thereof, using a song would be suicide.

HSC
Her songs would be fine no matter which school you attended. Although it's probably not the strongest text you could be using.

Still needs more techniques. You need more than lyrics. Rhythm and rhyme are the easiest. Ideally, you should also be looking at the songs structure, key, timbre, vocal techniques, instruments, mood, melody etc. They are just as important when analysing a song.
True. But texts do have to have some degree of authenticity. I personally, wouldn't use a Kesha song just because it's Kesha. That may not be logical, since for all I know her song may indeed have decent lyrics, but I just prefer something less mainstream.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
True. But texts do have to have some degree of authenticity. I personally, wouldn't use a Kesha song just because it's Kesha. That may not be logical, since for all I know her song may indeed have decent lyrics, but I just prefer something less mainstream.
That's basically what I'm saying. Yes, it would be fine to use, but there are better texts out there.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ke$ha*
You obviously haven't heard D.I.N.O.S.A.U.R..
With your level of ability, or lack thereof, using a song would be suicide.
I was the best music student in year 10! 54%. FUCK YES!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What about Evangelion 1.01?
Cruci-fuck is my core text so I can link them through fuckin' biblical shit. And I go to a Catholic school, mention Jesus and you get about 10 extra marks.
Also, how the fuck do you write a speech?

clissold

HSC
To all of those who dont yet know, the question for our Belonging Speech is..

"Contexts can shape an individuals perceptions and ideas about belonging". To what extent is this demonstrated in the texts that you have studied?

I somehow doubt that Kesha would fulfil the requirements of this task. Particularly in combination with our prescribed text, "The Crucible".

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
To all of those who dont yet know, the question for our Belonging Speech is..

"Contexts can shape an individuals perceptions and ideas about belonging". To what extent is this demonstrated in the texts that you have studied?

I somehow doubt that Kesha would fulfil the requirements of this task. Particularly in combination with our prescribed text, "The Fuck-ible".
Umm, Hungover is all about contexts and shit.
Also, your name would be better a Boomer, or something.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, how the fuck do you write a speech?
Similar to an essay but.:

Make intro more interesting. Joke, quote, anecdote, fact. Anything to stand out. Starting with Good morning class and Mr... etc. is so cliche and doesn't add anything to your speech.

The same is applied to the conclusion.

Engage on a personal level. Relate your speech back to the reason for giving a speech, make it audience specific.

Rhetorical questions work well, but don't rely on just them.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Similar to an essay but.:

Make intro more interesting. Joke, quote, anecdote, fact. Anything to stand out. Starting with Good morning class and Mr... etc. is so cliche and doesn't add anything to your speech.

The same is applied to the conclusion.

Engage on a personal level. Relate your speech back to the reason for giving a speech, make it audience specific.

Rhetorical questions work well, but don't rely on just them.
Also it has to be exceedingly shorter because 4 minutes is not enough time to actually say anything.

clissold

HSC
Umm, Hungover is all about contexts and shit.
Also, your name would be better a Boomer, or something.
I dont listen that closely to Kesha's songs so I wouldnt know hahaha..

And Id only suggest that you use one of Kesha's songs if you dont have Ghezzi as a marker, which I do..

Ummm "clissold" was the first thing that came to mind.. what of it, hahaha :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont listen that closely to Kesha's songs so I wouldnt know hahaha..

And Id only suggest that you use one of Kesha's songs if you dont have Ghezzi as a marker, which I do..

Ummm "clissold" was the first thing that came to mind.. what of it, hahaha :)
Well you should, her songs are the fuckin' best shit. Fuck.
Sucked in! I loled so much at all the groups. I saw you in Ghezzi's and loled, I saw that Casey, Jayden and Sachin are with me and loled. I'm gonna be so pissed off when saying my speech if I don't go first. Miss Patten should average you to a 6/15? lol
But seriously, he will mark incredibly easy to compensate for standard. He'll be like "2/15... +5" *cough, cough, cough, cough* "Fuckin' emphisema!" If I was there he'd be like "Get the fuck out! I don't want you here!" *grumbles*
Clissold is shit. It's like a last name for shit people. :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)