English at Matrix? (1 Viewer)

Eightyseven87

HSC
Hey people

I enrolled at Matrix Education for English tutoring for year 12.
Just wanted to know if its good place to go to for English? I heard it's not that well but I'd like more opinions so I can decide whether or not its worth it and leave before the term starts (it hasn't started yet, it will in a weeks time).

Thank you.

Monsterman

HSC
In my opinion .. matrix english isnt that great?
mainly because the people who go to english for matrix at my school arent doing that awesome at it.. i think they are getting dominated? and they are pretty smart people.. like ranked pretty high for all their other subjects which they go to matrix for tutoring ie phys, chem, maths..

imo i'd rather get a private tutor for english mainly so they can read your essays and tell you what's wrong with like grammar or reshaping your.. work to make it sound better.. rather than learning more of the concepts.. because you already learn the concepts at school and at the end what you just need are a couple of prepared ideas in your head and you are set. just make sure you make your ideas fit to answer the question..

though i think matrix offers people to read your essays.. BUT my friend told me just yesterday that matrix didnt know when the english tutors would come in.. so... and we have our exams next week wooooo >.>

well that's my opinion..

HSC
english isnt that great..

physics teacher > all

source: been going since year 7 lol

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Hey people

I enrolled at Matrix Education for English tutoring for year 12.
Just wanted to know if its good place to go to for English? I heard it's not that well but I'd like more opinions so I can decide whether or not its worth it and leave before the term starts (it hasn't started yet, it will in a weeks time).

Thank you.
Yeh, from my experience, English isn't that good.
Went there during yr 9 and half of yr 10.

LORDYgordy

HSC
Went to matrix for a bit in year 10 for adv maths

All i can say is... overpriced.

And you know why right - the place looks so nicely renovated n fantastic, you know as customers you're all paying for the scenery. Me I rather save a bit on useless stuff like that and spend it on a private tutor or something

Eightyseven87

HSC
Thanks people :)

Hmm.. I think I'm going leave the place then. Besides peoples opinions on here .. people I know that have went there too have said English there wasn't that good.

Hmm.. Now to find a good English tutor.. fast lol

Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Went to matrix for a bit in year 10 for adv maths

All i can say is... overpriced.

And you know why right - the place looks so nicely renovated n fantastic, you know as customers you're all paying for the scenery. Me I rather save a bit on useless stuff like that and spend it on a private tutor or something
Further, the owner of Matrix is arrogant, i.e. believes that schools outside the top 30 range are terrible + other coaching colleges are shit.
Source: First hand interview.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Further, the owner of Matrix is arrogant, i.e. believes that schools outside the top 30 range are terrible + other coaching colleges are shit.
Source: First hand interview.
lol that dude. I think he hates me coz I quit the place back when I was doing quite well haha

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Yeah I heard the Physics is awesome over there, not so much English

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
lol that dude. I think he hates me coz I quit the place back when I was doing quite well haha
wow namu you went to matrix?
lol.
i don't know much about matrix, but all i know is that my private math-tutor is also the head teacher of maths at matrix college.
she's a very good tutor :] .. in my opinion.

HSC
wow namu you went to matrix?
lol.
i don't know much about matrix, but all i know is that my private math-tutor is also the head teacher of maths at matrix college.
she's a very good tutor :] .. in my opinion.
patricia?

lol that woman scares me

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
patricia?

lol that woman scares me
LOLOLOL

She used to love me but she probably hates me now (same reason as before).

@Jess: your private tutor must be ms rockett...dont' tell her that you know me or something :S

edit: just realised that i broke my goal - i am not supposed to be on bos...arghh ><

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
patricia?

lol that woman scares me
Yeah, mrs rockett.
hahahahaha! how does she scare you? she's screamed at me quite a lot but thats when i wasn't focused.. but now i'm a lot more focused on work, and i actually do my work!
I love Mrs Rockett, she's so nice :]

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah, mrs rockett.
hahahahaha! how does she scare you? she's screamed at me quite a lot but thats when i wasn't focused.. but now i'm a lot more focused on work, and i actually do my work!
I love Mrs Rockett, she's so nice :]
Hahaha I know her because I went to Matrix before. She is a good teacher, I really like her too but I am afraid that she will probably hate me alot haha

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Why would she hate you? :s
haha there are few reasons I guess...but the main reason would be because she was fully helping me with studies esp. in regards to my accelerated course. Then I left the place without telling her that I am leaving...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)