english dosen't count if it is worst subject in hsc? (1 Viewer)

purebladeknight

HSC
hi,

the scenario: i have 12 units in year 12 (6 subjects all of which are 2units each) - I sit the HSC and come out with English scoring the lowest mark relative to my other 5 subjects.

now, i know that only 10 units are counted towards the atar.

my question is: does English get ignored in this case i.e. my other 5 subjects go towards my atar.

- i have played around with SAM and found that English is not disregarded in any case but i am not satisfied and seek further confirmation.

thanks.

Eddo003

HSC
english is always counted, both units, towards your atar

elmoateme

HSC
Your best 2 units of English count no matter what. So if you do ESL, standard, or only advanced then both untis count no matter what. However, if you do 3 or 4 unit then at a minimum your best two count. Your best two being those which will contribute the most points to your aggregate for ATAR calculation.

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
2 units of any english is ALWAYS counted (this is why english is compulsary)
best 8 units of category A subjects are then counted (not sure bout cat B subjects)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
as said above english always counts, i think because everyone has to do it.

Dyllip

HSC
i think its unfair. i mean, there are girls in my year that OWN english, but others like me suck at it. how is this fair?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i think its unfair. i mean, there are girls in my year that OWN english, but others like me suck at it. how is this fair?
Made me laugh. Uunfortunately, BoS doesn't give a shit about what kids think, hahaha.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ye i know...this is shittt...

with english counting, my atar estimate has decreased almost by 0.6!!! arghhh

fml

Uncle

Banned
HSC
then use the fact english is compulsory and there will be literally thousands of people there for you to beat and then come at pretty much near top of the state.
and then to make the deal better, beat those who like english at their own game by scoring higher than them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)