English EXT (1 Viewer)

steph xx

HSC
perhaps you're studying nineteen eighty four?

if so, you're fortunate.

steph xx

HSC
yes, that is unfortunate :(

i haven't studied Gattaca yet, however it is a set with Brave New World so i am certain i will be studying it in the very near future.

MR ORANGE

HSC
Im doing crime fiction its alright but year eleven was a lot more fun for us with gothic fiction.

sfer

HSC
We're doing speculative fiction - and at the moment we're studying Margaret Atwood's "A Handmaid's Tale" - pretty interesting, most of what we do in class at the moment is talk about gay/women's rights and I'd say it's my favourite subject - it's really opened my eyes. Too bad we only get 3 periods a cycle as opposed to 4 because there's timetable conflicts - but we're getting a new timetable next term so it should all be good.

Also, most of it focuses on Utopias/Dystopias.

Last edited:

laura_a

HSC
fairy tales in relation to values and attitudes. In term 2 we do Dracula and Term 3 Mrs. Dalloway and The Hours.

brendroid

HSC
So keep that in mind - look what you have to look forward to some of ye. ROMANTICISM.

And anyone doing Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now, I'm happy to try and help you. I did that last year. There - my services are out.

Clank_

HSC
Defying the Divine.

- Doctor Faustus
- The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Jurassic Park

HSC
'The Double' studying it through Wilkie Collins' 'The Woman In White', the film 'Dead Again' and the novel 'The Thirteenth Tale'

xConverse

HSC
Geez I've been through practically every page.. I never realised how much options there were out there to study.. fairytales? Gothic Lit? In year 11 we did the heroes quest so we studied Le morte de arthur (boring) and star wars trilogy (woo)
Now we're studying crime fiction (recently changed to crime writing) and we're doing the film Rear Window and 2 texts The Skull Beneath the Skin and Anil's Ghost.. I'm doing ext2 also but NOW I've gotten the same teacher for both and he is TERRIBLE! Both classes are becoming a struggle :[ not to mention adv being a total pain..

Zee Zappo

HSC
perhaps you're studying nineteen eighty four?

if so, you're fortunate.
Yeah I'm doing Utopias and Dystopias too, and yep, just finished reading 1984, personally I found it really depressingly boring (yeah I guess that was the aim of the book :L ) but I just didn't like it so quite unfortunate for me.
and our next book for Dystopia is The Handmaide's Tale...

Oh and we also did Gattaca & Thomas Moore's Utopia xD I really liked these two texts more than 1984. I feel like after reading that, I can pretty much read anything at the moment, it just drained me and every minute of it was like hell, except part two was okay.

Valdek

Premium Member
HSC
Doing the bloody odyssey and now i have to find an appropriation.

ARGH I can't find any appropriations besides what we already have prescribed (Mrs Dalloway and The Hours) oh and I'm definitely NOT going to do Ulysses btw

steph xx

HSC
The Hours is actually quite brilliant; i would use that if i were you.
at the moment, we're about to start either romanticism or the gothic genre
we've been given two texts to read and analyse over the holidays; neither of which i've started
only ten more weeks until i'll be taking extension two, thank god.

Valdek

Premium Member
HSC
I can't use that because we're already studying it in class :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)