English is a waste of life. (1 Viewer)

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
I used to love the subject.....I blame old hags developing Alzheimer's disease who fail to accept that their children are all old and grown-up. Those bitches ruined English for me.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
The best feeling, in my opinion, is putting your pen down after the completion of Paper 2 in the HSC. I remember feeling like the rest of my exams weren't going to be so bad; it was a real weight off my shoulders.

I hated English, because my teacher was a bitch.

Schoey93

HSC
The best feeling, in my opinion, is putting your pen down after the completion of Paper 2 in the HSC. I remember feeling like the rest of my exams weren't going to be so bad; it was a real weight off my shoulders.

I hated English, because my teacher was a bitch.
Perhaps people currently in a similar situation could change classes or self-teach. It's sad that your teacher killed your interest in the English language and the study of English literature.

I'm lucky. My teacher is a lovely person, despite regularly threatening to kill members of the class! She has a deep interest in English and although I don't understand how she can honestly adore Tess of the d'Urbervilles, I still see her as a well-rounded individual.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Absolutely despise the HSC english course. Maybe it's just my teacher but I do not feel like I have learned anything except that I'm going round in circles with my essay writing and analysing texts has become a chore (relating and contrasting key concepts with the rubric and so on...)

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
The good thing about English is that you can regurgitate what you read in English Excel, etc textbooks you'll be fine....you don't have to necessarily understand the bullshit they talk about, as long as you you memorize it.....English is all about memorizing the bullshit they feed you and putting it onto paper, I wish I figured that out earlier.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
The good thing about English is that you can regurgitate what you read in English Excel, etc textbooks you'll be fine....you don't have to necessarily understand the bullshit they talk about, as long as you you memorize it.....English is all about memorizing the bullshit they feed you and putting it onto paper, I wish I figured that out earlier.
It's really not like that. For the essays in Paper 2 you have to have make a personal interpretation of the texts in order to access to the higher bands. Relaying superficial knowledge of the texts, or interpretations that half the state will already be aware of will not get you very far.

Klutsov

HSC
I despise the AoS - it is way too cliched...

But the modules are alright...at times...

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
It's really not like that. For the essays in Paper 2 you have to have make a personal interpretation of the texts in order to access to the higher bands. Relaying superficial knowledge of the texts, or interpretations that half the state will already be aware of will not get you very far.
Well, if you're aiming to get a band 6 yes you're correct but if you just want to pass.......

jana--x

HSC
Oh god. Agreed.

I currently have no ideas for my creative writing and half-yearlies are coming up soon. I'd rather catch up on my load of maths homework for Extension, so yeah..

ENGLISH IS A WASTE OF TWO UNITS. Especially the concept of Belonging, it's gay.

Ben180

HSC
I agree, i hate english and i always fail at it. I hate paper 2 with the three essays, i never have enough time to finsih them, plus the lessons are always boring

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Re: Anyone else hate English as much as me?

I'm more of a maths person.

HSC
Uni Grad
English is a wasted subject which doesn't help that much in life unless you'll do Arts or something in uni. Which I won't.
Tbh I can't really see it being that great of a help with Arts either, at least the stuff in uni appears to be tangible and have some substance to work with as opposed to the facepoo of hsc.

Deviant Bone

HSC
I am studying for a career in programming. English is the most irrelevant subject possible for me.
Please enlighten me on how analysing poems is going to further my career as a programmer.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I am studying for a career in programming. English is the most irrelevant subject possible for me.
Please enlighten me on how analysing poems is going to further my career as a programmer.
Developing a program that can instantly analyse any poem in the English language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)