Essential DS games (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
man that cooking guide is actually fucking amazing. it teaches you to cook a variety of international dishes quite easily, such as bibimbap

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I had a look at it, there's nothing really there that excites me.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Farm life.

Great game if you always aspired to be a farmer living a lonely existence with nothing but your pigs to keep you warm at night.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
stazi said:
that's cos youre not a woman
Haha, I still get a kick out of cooking though. I'd totally cook something from it, but I just don't know what would taste good. A lot of the recipe have exotic herbs and stuff.

blakegman said:
Farm life.

Great game if you always aspired to be a farmer living a lonely existence with nothing but your pigs to keep you warm at night.
I thought about playing that, but came to the conclusion that I'd rather just play HMDS.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
So I'm playing pheonix wright 2, I'm getting more into it than the first one. It still annoys me in parts though. I hate the whole soul-health-penatly-bars thing. Sometimes, you have to give obscure clues that go off on a tangent, when in your head you already know the killer/method/motive. I get that they want you to figure it out yourself so you understand it, but saving/loading is still annoying.

o_o"
HSC
Taiko no Tatsujin DS
AKA Taiko Drum Master
And theres also a sequel.

Countless hours of mindless entertainment :karate:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i cant imagine gta played on the ds using touch screen. will prob be like the old gtgays

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
stazi said:
i cant imagine gta played on the ds using touch screen. will prob be like the old gtgays
Not that that's a bad thing.

Otherwise it will be heaps crappy like the transformer games.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Just got my R4 + DS.

Pokemon is super disapointing. Not fun anymore. Given the story is nothing special, and I'm not emotionally attached to any of the critters like I was when I was 9, I really see no reason I should use one fire type over another. And once you don't care about the critters, it's all about the stats, which is not the sort of game i'm into.

Goes without saying love Elite beat agents, also enjoying mario 64 ds.

I don't think anyone's mentioned geometry wars in this thread, if you've ever liked any top down shooter, you'll love it, mad addictive.

The DS as a whole has pretty bad ergonomics, uncomfortable machine to use.

hero.

HSC
N/A
Graney said:
It hasnt changed much from the previous handhelds. unless you had a problem with the previous handhelds or playing the new guitar hero

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Graney said:
It's made for kids, but even then some games have some stupid controls. Maybe my hands are too big, but with games that don't use a styus, I find it close to impossible to push the back-side buttons.

One thing you can do is get a bigger stylus. I bought this one: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ic-49-en-70-1v5u.html and love it. If you want to play EBA or any other stylus heavy game (zelda!) you should really get it to avoid hand cramps.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
hero. said:
It hasnt changed much from the previous handhelds. unless you had a problem with the previous handhelds or playing the new guitar hero
I think it's just the fact that you have to hold the console with one hand alone when using the stylus, too much pressure for that one hand, even given it's resting on my lap.

The stylus is a bit fiddly too, bigger might be the go.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Any good games that have come out lately? I haven't used my DS in over 2 months. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)