HSC
YouTube - Korg DS-10 Synthesizer (DS) - Demonstration Trailer
fucking sweet.

I've mostly just been playing emulators-
SnesmulDS,
jEnesisDS (megadrive),
nesDS,
ApprenticeMinusDS_0.2.6 (master system),

are the best in case you were wondering.

SnesmulDS is mostly too frustrating to use.

ApprenticeMinus is virtually perfect, love SMS. Shinobi, alex kid in miracle world, asterix, jungle book, ecco the dolphin etc... The original Sonic the hedgehog on master system is the only good game in the series- play it if you never have.

jEnesisDS, runs very well too, aside from the fact it can't display the whole screen at a single moment.

Never played nesDS, what are some good games? I remember old battletoads is pretty sweet.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Most of them contain english plus a few more european languages.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Korg DS-10 is by far the most pleasurable music software I've ever used.

IGN's review is wrong. I've spent hours trying to master software like Ableton Live, it's a huge pita trying to get midi hardware to sync up etc... Half the time things don't work how you think they should for reasons you don't understand. With ability comes incomprehensibility. Sure the Korg doesn't have the ability of full fledged recording software, but it's a fuckton easier to use, it's about 1/6 the entry price of pro-programs, it's light and it's fun and for the DS limitations it's incredible what you can do with it.

I lol'd at those reviews who said it's rather complex for the casual user to get into. Those people have clearly never used any pc based composition software. I haven't even read the tutorial for the DS and I understand fully 90% of it's functionality. So amazingly intuitive.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Rune factory 2 (i dont find it as good as the original)

That's about it for me.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
N+ is pretty cool, if a bit short. I remember playing the pc flash version years ago.

I love my DS, by far my favourite console ever. It has everything.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Graney said:
I love my DS, by far my favourite console ever. It has everything.
I hate my DS, by far my worst console ever. It has about 4 games i like but have finished 100 times, so basically has nothing.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Games I've enjoyed for a brief or extended period on the DS, in no particular order-
Kirby's Canvas Curse,
Phoenix Wright series,
Tetris DS,
Megaman ZX,
Space Invaders Extreme,
Trauma center,
N+,
New Super Mario Bro,
Mario Kart DS,
EBA,
Super Mario 64 DS,
Geometry Wars,
Puzzle Quest,
Yoshi's island DS,
Korg DS-10 Synthesizer

+ all the emulators I posted before.

You must try to forget your predjudices against certain genre's and series and try them all before you dismiss the DS.

There are others I know I would enjoy, like final fantasy tactics which I loved on the GBA, but haven't got round to.

Jusskah

HSC
Why can't I find Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations ANYWHERE in Sydney? I don't want to start Apollo Justice until I've played through T&T, but I can only hold on for so long.

As far as decent DS games go, stay the hell away from FFTA:2 -___-

Jusskah

HSC
Yeah, I'm probably going to order it this week. I was planning on avoiding importing due to the shit dollar, but eh, it doesn't seem that bad.

But it still doesn't explain why such a recent game is freaking no where.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Nintendo should release a game, for ds, in the same style as super mario 64 ds, but better. Like a n64 banjo kazooie port. Or conkers, with the same level of language/gore/rudeness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)