Essential DS games (2 Viewers)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Does a good snes emulator for the DS exist? I'm using SNESmullDS, that can't handle any of the snes advanced effects, so games like donkey kong look shit. Many games are unplayable due to enemies/layers not displaying.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Metal Slug 7 is out if you don't mind playing in Japanese (the important stuff is in English anyhoo), Bangai-O Spirits is a good bit of retro-style fun, and Commando: Steel Disaster isn't too bad either (it's kinda like Metal Slug with some minor mechanics tweaks).

I don't really know of any good SNES emulators for DS =(.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'll see what I can do in regards to helping out with Snesemullds to code 4 it dawg.

MAN ARE THERE ANY GOOD GAMES OUT? LAST GOOD GAME WAS THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU. I MISS MY DS.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
There gonna be a new DS! DSi.

"The DSi will be only marginally trimmer than the existing model but will boast two slightly larger screens. It will also feature two cameras, where the current DS has none. One is a decent snapper, the second is a low-res webcam. It will have built-in memory to store downloadable games, pictures or music, whereas the present DS can store only music and needs an accessory to do so. The DSi forgoes Nintendo’s proprietory GameBoy Advance (GBA) slot in favour of a more useful SD memory-card slot. This will make it easier to play songs or view snaps, but the trade-off is that the DSi will no longer play GBA titles."

i copied and pasted that from

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/gadgets_and_gaming/article4873544.ece

theres alot more info here
http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/02/nintendo-announces-the-dsi/

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
BIGTYMA said:

"The DSi will be only marginally trimmer than the existing model but will boast two slightly larger screens. It will also feature two cameras, where the current DS has none. One is a decent snapper, the second is a low-res webcam. It will have built-in memory to store downloadable games, pictures or music, whereas the present DS can store only music and needs an accessory to do so. The DSi forgoes Nintendo’s proprietory GameBoy Advance (GBA) slot in favour of a more useful SD memory-card slot. This will make it easier to play songs or view snaps, but the trade-off is that the DSi will no longer play GBA titles."

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/gadgets_and_gaming/article4873544.ece

sounds interesting, but i wudn't buy that since i already got a DS =)
yeah i dont use the gba slot, never used it

stazi

Nightman
HSC
meh: slight cosmetic and feature upgrade. would have liked to learn of a next-gen portable console

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
BIGTYMA said:

heard this on FOX news that apparently Nintendo investors wernt impressed by the DSi, causing Nintendo shares to fall...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
electrolysis said:
heard this on FOX news that apparently Nintendo investors wernt impressed by the DSi, causing Nintendo shares to fall...
most other company's shares have fallen due to the current stock market conditions

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Why do we need a camera on the ds :s

2nd touch screen might have it's uses, but camera is just meh.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword is a must for the DS. Stylus-slashing fun.:D

Also CoD4, Dementium: The Ward and Mario 64 DS.

Also I hear GTA will be coming out on DS soon. But i highly doubt that it will be any good.

zomfg

HSC
Professor Layton
Trauma Centre 1 & 2
The World Ends With You
Planet Puzzle League (IT'S TETRIS ATTACK WITH A DIFFERENT NAME D: )
Geometry Wars

hsb39

HSC
I kind of need a new DS as I have one with a broken L button and I borrow a friend's with a broken touch screen, the DSi sounds like it could be OK, but just like the DS Light again, I can wait for the DSi. What I really hope they add is the ability to use internet with WPA security, then I can actually do battles and IV battles on Pearl. Also a system like the Wii Shop channel would be nice...

As for essential games:
- Diamond/Pearl/New to come Platinum, I am surprised about the massive lack of people who know nothing about competitive Pokemon, if you're interested in a complex strategy, go to smogon.com they're basically the rulemakers of Pokemon.
- Phantom Hourglass, a lovely Zelda mix between the 3D console games (Ocarina etc.) and the 2D games (Oracle of Seasons/Ages).
- Mario Kart, I really have to submit that Twin Galaxies Record for Fig. 8 Time Trial, hurray for snaking (ch-chah, ch-cha, ch-cha).

I'll probably say a few more later, PM me if you're interested about the Pokemon Competitive battle, it is my dorky obsession.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
bought the new korg ds game today and it's officially the first ds game i've ever bought since i've bought the thing two years ago. now all i need is my ds. haven't seen it in months

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hsb39 said:
I kind of need a new DS as I have one with a broken L button and I borrow a friend's with a broken touch screen, the DSi sounds like it could be OK, but just like the DS Light again, I can wait for the DSi. What I really hope they add is the ability to use internet with WPA security, then I can actually do battles and IV battles on Pearl. Also a system like the Wii Shop channel would be nice...

As for essential games:
- Diamond/Pearl/New to come Platinum, I am surprised about the massive lack of people who know nothing about competitive Pokemon, if you're interested in a complex strategy, go to smogon.com they're basically the rulemakers of Pokemon.
- Phantom Hourglass, a lovely Zelda mix between the 3D console games (Ocarina etc.) and the 2D games (Oracle of Seasons/Ages).
- Mario Kart, I really have to submit that Twin Galaxies Record for Fig. 8 Time Trial, hurray for snaking (ch-chah, ch-cha, ch-cha).

I'll probably say a few more later, PM me if you're interested about the Pokemon Competitive battle, it is my dorky obsession.
blow into the L thing really intensely. it can often fix the problem. or pay someone to repair it (cost me $40)

hsb39

HSC
stazi said:
blow into the L thing really intensely. it can often fix the problem. or pay someone to repair it (cost me $40)
It suddenly started working again, but I don't think that it's going to stay that way for long.

Furbob

HSC
-Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass
-Trauma Center 1 & 2
-The World Ends With You
-Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platnium
-Phoenix Wright (all three) and Apollo Justice

Life is pretty awesome with an r4 card and DS :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)