Exam predictions (1 Viewer)

Harber

HSC
Do you guys know if its ok if we write a little less on our related text? lets say one theme of our prescribed text is a page, and the related text is 3/4 page??

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
I'm praying that Mod C is a feature article, it was one of our assessments! And I know, wishful thinking for Hamlet though I have a feeling!! :D Either that or they will want us only to talk about minority characters like the women, IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE :O Also with module C, I only have one related text, a poem, my other is just a photograph that I will make up some bullshit on :p

cpwincess19

HSC
When you say mod C might be a feature article , what exactly do you mean ?
Because my school did William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar .

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Do you guys know if its ok if we write a little less on our related text? lets say one theme of our prescribed text is a page, and the related text is 3/4 page??
You should give them equal analysis...

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Yes, we got told to do 60% main text and 40% related text, it is better to show a understanding of the original text!

When you say mod C might be a feature article , what exactly do you mean ?
Because my school did William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar .
Er do you do history and memory? For our hist and men question(something like this), "Pretend you are a student lecturing other students on Module C, and the relationship between history and memory" You had to convey it in a feature article that would be published in a local magazine haha!

rogerlam

HSC
OP got AoS study right, paper 1 was soley based on place, though only 1 related was needed

HSC
N/A
Er do you do history and memory? For our hist and men question(something like this), "Pretend you are a student lecturing other students on Module C, and the relationship between history and memory" You had to convey it in a feature article that would be published in a local magazine haha!
No , conflicting perspectives.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it just me or has that news article now disappeared? that because it 'was giving away too much' or had 'unreliable information' in which case they give us different text types to write in?
I rang her and she said she would change it because it was a mistake and wasn't supposed to be for students in the sense that it doesn't use the technical terms students use. It was supposed to be for adults to understand how the exam works. Imagine if she said instead "Students have to write three pieces in Paper 2; possibly a speech, feature article, interview, conversation" etc., parents would freak out I'm pretty sure -> ofc it would be easier to say 'responses', but either she didn't think of that or it wasn't considered specific enough.

Also, she doesn't write the paper, she just does the media stuff, so what does she really know idk. It might be 3 essays, it might not be.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I have to say that it WILL be three essays. I'm 100% certain.
Also, they will ask for two related texts for Advanced module C.
Also, they will ask for AT LEAST ONE RT for standard mod A and C.
Mod B will specify a scene/poem/chapter/etc. to write about but won't give an extract.
What do you mean be specify a scene etc.? E.g. Refer to a key extract? Fuck I'd be screwed, my preparation's all over the place.

HSC
Uni Grad
I think for advanced there will be a feature article for Module C with two related texts! The other two will be essays, and the Hamlet question will be on either personal response or how Hamlet is timeless/enduring. This is just my opinion btw hah! :)
if that is so, then I'll definitely do module C last. I'm reviewing my modules and I realized there's so much I can't really memorize =_=

You should give them equal analysis...
Really? I thought that naturally your prescribed text would take more analysis than your RT
My teacher told me for one related, it's 70% prescribed and 30% related. but imo I reckon for one related it's better to do 60% prescribed, 40% related

Yes, we got told to do 60% main text and 40% related text, it is better to show a understanding of the original text!

Have you practiced writing a feature article yet? :O

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
AOS says 60:40 analysis, but I think for mod C you'd need 50:50

forthehsc

HSC
I think for advanced there will be a feature article for Module C with two related texts! The other two will be essays, and the Hamlet question will be on either personal response or how Hamlet is timeless/enduring. This is just my opinion btw hah! :)
if its two related texts then i'm fucked, i can barely right all that i have to say in 40min let alone talk about 2 related texts

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
I haven't practised a feature article since that assessment, though I prefer them! It gives you a chance to stand out through a creative title, and a catchy bi-line! Short paragraphs that you can add both analysis and personality into seem more interesting to me than an essay!! :D

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Why do you people think it will be 2 RT for Mod C advanced

it hasn't been 2 related since like 2002

i think it's going to be at least one

apollo1

Banned
HSC
i think what they did today was fair to everyone. saying at least one.

Harber

HSC
What do you mean be specify a scene etc.? E.g. Refer to a key extract? Fuck I'd be screwed, my preparation's all over the place.
me too, i have quotes all over... definitely not enough from one scene so as to have it the focus of my essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)