Exam Thoughts, S2 2008 (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Just had ACCT2542 today. Was an alright exam. Screwed up on a 20 mark question.. but hopefully i'll pass. ^^

How was your first exam people?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Also had ACCT2542 today, it wasn't that bad I guess but the 20 mark question confused me-the share of the income tax bit...the companys tax was not 30%...hmmm.

Tim035

HSC
Physiology 1B- The extended responses were all from past papers, so no problem answering those; some of the mcq was really shit, especially the couple where if you had the 1st one wrong you also had the next 3 wrong.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

MATH1231 - Alright, except I can't be fucked finding the level curve for temperature and just as I was finally able to find the radius of convergence for that gayass power series, "PENS DOWN!".
Otherwise it's all good.

Better than MATH1131 last semester.

P.S. I had a Red Bull.

I can't be bothered testing L's theory where sitting in an awkward position enhances deductive skills.

HSC
Re: 回复: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

For math 1231, I did most of the questions, and I think I got most of the ones I did right, so...that's most of most of the questions I probably got right...I guess.

I'll be happy to pass and never have to take another bloody maths course in my life.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

Starcraftmazter said:
For math 1231, I did most of the questions, and I think I got most of the ones I did right, so...that's most of most of the questions I probably got right...I guess.

I'll be happy to pass and never have to take another bloody maths course in my life.
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2009/3648.html

Software Engineering - 3648

MATH2859 Prob, Stats and Information (3 UOC)

As for me I have 2 more maths courses next year.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

Starcraftmazter said:
I switched to computer science after the horror that infs1603 was :uhoh:
You have to do Discrete Maths in 1st year though regardless of whether you are doing software eng or comp sci.
Is it true that Discrete maths has a history of being hated by all?

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

I did discrete last semester.

And yeh, it blows, and nobody likes it. Unless it's compulsory - don't take it. It's much worse than MATH 1A/1B...which I suppose aren't that bad if you study...which I don't >_>

Either way, even if you study, discrete is bad.

Mumma

HSC
I hated it but a lot of people enjoyed it (well, people I know). It was the most difficult course I've done at uni by far though.

MATH2089 - Not too bad, the multiple regression questions on the significance of the predictors sorta fucked me over a bit though. The transforming the second order differential equation to a system of first order confused me, because I don't even remember doing that in the course! Thankfully it was a small question and everything else was fine.

That was my last maths course till fourth year, when I'll be doing MATH3161.

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

Starcraftmazter said:
I did discrete last semester.

And yeh, it blows, and nobody likes it. Unless it's compulsory - don't take it. It's much worse than MATH 1A/1B...which I suppose aren't that bad if you study...which I don't >_>

Either way, even if you study, discrete is bad.
i see

Mumma said:
I hated it but a lot of people enjoyed it (well, people I know). It was the most difficult course I've done at uni by far though.

MATH2089 - Not too bad, the multiple regression questions on the significance of the predictors sorta fucked me over a bit though. The transforming the second order differential equation to a system of first order confused me, because I don't even remember doing that in the course! Thankfully it was a small question and everything else was fine.

That was my last maths course till fourth year, when I'll be doing MATH3161.
Transforming a 2nd order differential equation to a system of first order equations is covered in MATH1231 algebra anyway, strangely I find probability harder.
I will do MATH2089 next year tell me about it.

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

I found pretty much all or almost all of the probability questions impossible. Namely because I didn't / couldn't revise probability well enough, since I didn't attend the lectures, and didn't have any of the examples written up ><

Does anyone know when the preliminary marks will be released?

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

Starcraftmazter said:
I found pretty much all or almost all of the probability questions impossible. Namely because I didn't / couldn't revise probability well enough, since I didn't attend the lectures, and didn't have any of the examples written up ><

Does anyone know what the preliminary marks will be released?
The first one was about two class tests right?

you draw a tree diagram and branch it twice due to two class tests.
they gave you the final probability for some but you need to work out the probability for pass/fail for second test given prob. of pass/fail in 1st one.

next you also solve for compliments then use bayes rule

then there was the crash test one right?
rather than sum a binomial from 2 to 18 tests which takes ages do 16 - 18 or 0 to 2 i think and you get a probability.

dunno about prelim marks.
i want that Credit! will lol if i get distinction

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

DON'T TELL ME!!! You gonna make me go all emo when I realise I screwed stuff up :p

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Exam Thoughts, S2 2008

Starcraftmazter said:
DON'T TELL ME!!! You gonna make me go all emo when I realise I screwed stuff up :p
On the other hand I had this emo-ish music playing when i did the exam (Nightmare - Alumina) ... olol

Mumma

HSC

Forbidden. said:
Transforming a 2nd order differential equation to a system of first order equations is covered in MATH1231 algebra anyway, strangely I find probability harder.
I will do MATH2089 next year tell me about it.
I cant remember a single thing from MATH1231. MATH2089 is shit, its barely a real maths subject. Its mostly remembering formulas/methods (for numerical methods) and there's a lot of hand waving magic maths (especially in stats). For example, half of the last question in the test involved reading numbers off a table (the trick is knowing which numbers!).

Chris.

HSC
ok so i just fukd econometric methods.

i was forced to do question 2 because i didnt know fuk all about the others..i think i did 1 part right for that..
question 6 the answers were basically given before but i couldnt recall how to do it.

i need to pass pleasssse

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC

I had MATH1231 this morning, but i dont think i did well. I hope to get a pass for this semester.

"The School of Mathematics and Statistics will publish on its secure student web portal provisional marks in all its courses (for which assessment is completed) by the end of the week in which exams finish. The provisional mark will be the same as the mark that the School sends to the University. It is possible, but not common, for this mark to alter as all final marks must be approved by a Faculty Examinations Committee which can alter marks, for example by asking that all marks in a course be re-scaled."
I guess the provisional mark will be released on 16th or 23rd of nov

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Chris. said:
ok so i just fukd econometric methods.

i was forced to do question 2 because i didnt know fuk all about the others..i think i did 1 part right for that..
question 6 the answers were basically given before but i couldnt recall how to do it.

i need to pass pleasssse

yeah i just did 1,2,3,5 couldnt be fucked to do the longer ones.

exams finished, yay.

Manipp

HSC
Math1041 - the last question was basically a big "fuck-you", was on obscure stuff we'd done god knows when. Thanks for killing my HD, question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)