exams (1 Viewer)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Econ1110- macroeconomics 1 is a horrible course, well for a geography student who’s forced to do economics.

UGFighter

HSC
SoCal said:
Yeah, I agree. We have learnt basically nothing of practical use. For example, the other day dad asked me if I have any good advice on what shares he should invest in and I told him I have no idea, we don't learn that kind of stuff:rolleyes:.
Yeah, that's what I'm interested in.

Although, admittedly.. 2070 and 2080 do explain some concepts (time value money, NPV, FV, etc.) - it's just the way they use these concepts in the text are absolute bullshit... but the concepts are essential in valuing a company if you take on a style similar to Buffet where you picks stocks with the greatest margin of safety... I still can't do it though! Got waaay more reading to do.

Uni wouldn't teach it though of course, it'd be too hard, time-consuming and practical :rolleyes:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yes, I can see that they are teaching some relevant concepts but they are not really showing us how we would use them in a job. For example, I am pretty sure I want to get into Funds Management/Portfolio Management or something similar but if I were to get a job tomorrow (after completing two thirds of my degree) and they asked me what stocks the company should invest in or where I should invest a clients money I wouldn't have much of an idea:p. That is why I am going to do some quantitative subjects next year, I think that is where you learn the things I am interested in doing:).

Anyway, good luck in the test tomorrow UGFighter and baker182:cool:.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Yes, I can see that they are teaching some relevant concepts but they are not really showing us how we would use them in a job. For example, I am pretty sure I want to get into Funds Management/Portfolio Management or something similar but if I were to get a job tomorrow (after completing two thirds of my degree) and they asked me what stocks the company should invest in or where I should invest a clients money I wouldn't have much of an idea:p. That is why I am going to do some quantitative subjects next year, I think that is where you learn the things I am interested in doing:).

Anyway, good luck in the test tomorrow UGFighter and baker182:cool:.
Well, I let you know how i went, when i get back from my vacation employment, at the start of Uni :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Don't worry, I thought the same thing last year and still did ok...seems the 1020 exam is always a lot harder than 1010.

As for HUBS, meh, some bits easy, some bits hard...I still think Mike Baines is an arse that should be shot through the seminiferous tubules, lol, and Phils questions were worded a lot harder than the minitest...immunology, fuck, threw those marks, hoping to do ok on genetics and evolution though...we'll see on the 12th, I guess... (haha, does anyone here even do 1404? coz if not, you guys have no idea what I'm rambling about...oh well!!)

Now to study for SOCA :(

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i did hubs 1404...the exam was pretty shit i reckon...all the lecturers made their questions harder than in the minitests...except mike who's r just hard all the time lol...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Do you find Mike's questions to be exhausting? I'm so buggered by the time I do anything he has written...reading 10 things for one question is just harsh!!!
Would you like to join me in my quest to shoot him through the seminiferous tubules? Vas deferens? Epididymis? Really, I'm not picky, you can choose... :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha, various bits of the male repro system...much like the 'guts in the nuts' picture from anatomy that was on the board in NURSTH for weeks.

anyways, SOCA1200=:D pretty pleased with it, there were only a couple of questions that i was like 'wtf is that asking me?!', and quite a few giveaway marks...finished right smack bang on the first 30 minute no-leaving-the-room time (haha, so, yeah, finished 2 hrs early :s)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i hate uni exams.... in educ 1004 we sat around waiting for an hour for no apparent reason then when we were in the lecture theatre we were all crammed together coz the dodgy exam supervisors didnt leave a seat inbetween people

rific

HSC
The 3050 exam started well, we all walked in and took our bags to the table and the supervisor started having a go at us because we had to leave our bags at the door, until someone pointed out that it was open book, then she just became all flustered and said that she'd have to go and find out about all this, quite funny actually, we just sat around chatting.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
mizz_smee said:
i hate uni exams.... in educ 1004 we sat around waiting for an hour for no apparent reason then when we were in the lecture theatre we were all crammed together coz the dodgy exam supervisors didnt leave a seat inbetween people
how spastic is that exam anyway??

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Do you find Mike's questions to be exhausting? I'm so buggered by the time I do anything he has written...reading 10 things for one question is just harsh!!!
Would you like to join me in my quest to shoot him through the seminiferous tubules? Vas deferens? Epididymis? Really, I'm not picky, you can choose... :p
yes yes yes yes! lets shoot him where ever...hmm... actually... i'll let u do the dirty work.. i dont wanna get too close to that region of mike baines!

and yes his questions are just pathetically long..its so much reading for one little mark..

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
OK so i dont see the correlation between Horse Racing and University exams. Ohh well, maybe I am missing something.Is it only the dodgy subjects I do or do other subjects go there too, I wonder.

Cant save them money, because it would cost $$$ to hire out the air conditioned ,sterile facilities. Can't be more convenient, because not many uni students reside in Hamilton South,Adamstown or Broadmeadow. Can't be this cant be that, so why the fuck do we have exams there?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
oh what a relief about acfi 1020. i was majorly stressing but the exam was pretty consistent with last years. phew...passed i reckon...but just

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)