Experienced, 3 STATE RANKS, 99.95 ATAR, 99 UMAT (1 Viewer)

Jayson89

HSC
That marks, holy shit!!!! How many hours did you spend studying a day???
Not sure, but most of the time after coming home from school. Probably studying consistently throughout the year was also very important =)

Jayson89

HSC
Sorry to go off-topic here, but what would be a good way to achieve [close to] what you've achieved? Studying regularly through high school, going all out in yrs 11 and 12 or something along those lines? Tips would be helpful :)
It's alright =) Well, it probably helps to develop a good study habit from younger years. You can't just suddenly change your habits from Yr 10 to Yr 11 by That much. But other than that, you don't actually need Knowledge from before Yr 10. So once you have the capacity to 'study regularly every day during Yr 11 and Yr 12 with minimal ceebsing =P', you just need to put in some extra consistent effort throughout Yr 11 and 12. Study your weakest subjects first. Instead of studying 1 hour and taking a 1 hour break, study your least favourite subject (English for me) first, then study your favourite subject (Maths) as a break from English. If you have breaks, put them at the end of a study day, not in the middle of it as breaks are likely to ...spontaneously get longer than they should ;P

I found that accelerating myself and learning stuff from Yr 11 and Yr 12 before learning it in school was helpful. My method of doing this was reading textbook and other resources, and making notes. Not sure if that'll work for you, but I found that the process of making notes necessarily involved understanding the concepts really well so I can phrase it well in my notes.

mahli

HSC
Wow, I think this thread may have been started by a demigod. I would love an opportunity for tutoring, however I have a slight 800km difficulty. As such, would you by any chance be willing to sell your Chemistry or English notes to me?

jack487

HSC
i respect you soooo fkn much man how do you keep consistent EVERYDAY??

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Forget Jayson's spectacular marks, he's been answering all my annoying questions all year despite barely knowing me at all. A solid person who's happy to help regardless of who you are. Highly recommended!

Free bump mate =)
*posted January 1st*

Also, what did you get in English? Also, which two units didn't count? That's pretty awkward, like two units of 96+ or state ranks not counting. Haha

Jayson89

HSC
*posted January 1st*

Also, what did you get in English? Also, which two units didn't count? That's pretty awkward, like two units of 96+ or state ranks not counting. Haha
Reckon he means previous year =P I got 97 in English, I'll put that up on original post =)
And Thank you, I just realised I got 99 in Maths 3U, not 97 as originally written (Your post made me look at HSC results to confirm)
My Bio mark (97, state rank) didn't count. It got beaten by Maths 4U (96). Just goes to show how well 4 Unit Maths scales =P

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Reckon he means previous year =P I got 97 in English, I'll put that up on original post =)
And Thank you, I just realised I got 99 in Maths 3U, not 97 as originally written (Your post made me look at HSC results to confirm)
My Bio mark (97, state rank) didn't count. It got beaten by Maths 4U (96). Just goes to show how well 4 Unit Maths scales =P
Fucking hell what a machine.
Also, a state rank didn't count. That's hilarious.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Wentworthville, man that's so far!!!!! (I live within the Bankstown regions)
WHY?!! ):
If you don't mind me asking, did you go tutoring yourself for anything?
Or was it all self-study?

Also, for Physics, what textbooks did you use? Which one was your most favourite? (I'm not sure if I should use Jacaranda or Physics In Focus)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Lol nice, I only said it coz u said that u live around Bankstown (Doggies Brah!!)

roy23

HSC
N/A
hey still accepting students? would be surprised if you're not full already

Jayson89

HSC
Wentworthville, man that's so far!!!!! (I live within the Bankstown regions)
WHY?!! ):
If you don't mind me asking, did you go tutoring yourself for anything?
Or was it all self-study?

Also, for Physics, what textbooks did you use? Which one was your most favourite? (I'm not sure if I should use Jacaranda or Physics In Focus)
Hey man! Aww damn, yea that's probaby a bit too far.. =P I went tutoring for English, and self-studied for the rest. For Physics, I just used Jacaranda. I've never seen Physics in Focus before, so I don't know how it is, relative to Jacaranda. Goodluck with everything!

annh

HSC
N/A
Very Impressive (Y)
I see you did very well for your UMAT so you must be the best person to ask. I was doing a bit of searching and I have confused myself a little now.
The UMAT is a multiple-choice paper right? but does it involve an interview?

Jayson89

HSC
Very Impressive (Y)
I see you did very well for your UMAT so you must be the best person to ask. I was doing a bit of searching and I have confused myself a little now.
The UMAT is a multiple-choice paper right? but does it involve an interview?
Yep it's completely multiple choice, there is no interview. But if your 'Predicted ATAR' + UMAT is good enough they offer you an interview. And you need to perform well in ATAR + UMAT + interview to get into medicine, for the most part.

See this for more details --> http://umat.acer.edu.au/files/UMAT_info_book_11.pdf

Jayson89

HSC
Anyone interested in Chem Yr 11 accelerating course, groups of two?
Preferably high achieving, going to selective school, to match my existing student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)